Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
(07-07-2019, 04:36 PM)kevin Wrote: I turned the Reds game on in the 7th and it looks like Reds will be swept by Indians. Now they know how Custer felt.

I'm not surprised Indians pitching is shutting down Reds hitting. The old saying good pitching stops good hitting. Cleveland known for their pitching, always have been. I'm not saying these guys on the mound are Feller, Lemon and Paige...or Tiant and McDowell...but they are pretty good....American League lucky Cleveland's best pitchers have been injured, or nobody would be getting hits off them. Talk about a team hit with major injuries. I think they do hope to get all their pitchers back in time for play-offs if they can get in. If they have all their pitchers in play-offs, American League bats are in trouble.

“Custer”, haha.... It doesn’t have to be Indians. Anytime that I hear the words American League or West Coast Trip, it feels like the Reds will get scalped!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 05:16 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: “Custer”, haha.... It doesn’t have to be Indians. Anytime that I hear the words American League or West Coast Trip, it feels like the Reds will get scalped!

Add in day game, they get scalped in them as well. They're like 10-25 in day games thus far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 05:09 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He needed a large dose of humility!!!!!

It's beginning to appear he needs a large dose of riding the pine.
Reply/Quote
Futures Game is tonight. Reds prospect Taylor Trammell is lone rep on the club, and a repeater from last year. Game just starting now on MLB network.
Reply/Quote
I think today we saw who would be removed from the rotation if Wood can ever pitch.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 08:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think today we saw who would be removed from the rotation if Wood can ever pitch.

Does anyone know how well Wood did on Saturday Rehab assignment?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
1.1 inning, 2 hits, 1 bb, 2 SO 1 run 6.75 ERA
was Alex Wood's results Saturday. He essentially is still in spring training and is about 4 weeks at least away.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2019, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am afraid to cancel it because it may curse Castillo.  Sort of like when you do not go fishing and the Bengals lose.   

I'm still blaming the lake otters for the Bengals. They ate most of the fish.. 
Actually Castillo has been a nice surprise. I didn't expect him to pitch as well as he has lately myself, but I do expect to poke fun of other people's comments..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 07:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Add in day game, they get scalped in them as well. They're like 10-25 in day games thus far.

True that!
Reply/Quote
Anybody see that steal attempt by Trammell? I think he was safe, but no replay for that game.
Reply/Quote
So back to Reds baseball and All-Star Sonny Gray on the mound against hard hitting Rockies of players such as Blackmon and Story and others. It will be HOT so the balls will want to fly out of GABP. Lets just hope the Reds jack more Homers than Rockies in the HOT, HOT, HOT in GABP this weekend.

Reds still close to First Place after All-Star Break. The Reds may have as good of pitching as anybody in NL Central. None of the others amaze me with their pitching. Cubs not close to the staff they had World Series year. Key Cardinal, Brewers and Pirates starters having off years. Brewers, Cubs, Pirates have hitting, Cardinals not as much. Reds have some good hitters. I could see Cardinals in last place. Reds could win NL Central. It is up for grabs. I don't see a team better than Reds in NL Central at this point. Madden is great and will keep Cubs up there. Reds could win this thing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
When Hernandez comes into a game I start getting that feeling of dread that I did when JJ Hoover came into a game. He comes into the 8th with a 2-1 lead and 2 solo HR's later and it's a 3-2 deficit.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 12:09 AM)cinci4life Wrote: When Hernandez comes into a game I start getting that feeling of dread that I did when JJ Hoover came into a game. He comes into the 8th with a 2-1 lead and 2 solo HR's later and it's a 3-2 deficit.
You had reason for Red Dread.   BANG....BANG.....2 monster homers, Rockies take lead.  Wipes out great job by All-Star Sonny Gray.  Lorenzen ends the inning too late.  Hernandez got lit up. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This game as turned into your typical Coors Field game after a 3 hour delay. Reds currently up 10-7 in the 6th. They have 5 triples(Senzel 2,Suarez,Ervin, and Peraza). Senzel and Ervin are both 4-4 and both homers away from a cycle and will each get at least one more AB to get it.
Reply/Quote
So dumbass bell brings Hernandez for the bottom of the 6th and gives up a walk, stolen base, and a line drive base hit off the wall that Puig threw all the way in to Casali to the foul side of the first base line and about half way up and it bounces of Casali into the dugout sending the runner to third. Bell was at least smart enough to pull Hernandez at that point.
Reply/Quote
Reds with 5 in the 7th so far to be up 15-9. Senzel walked and Ervin got a hit to give him a 5-5 night so far. Both will get at least 1 more AB to try to get the homer.
Reply/Quote
They just said the Reds are the first team in the modern era with 5 triples and 3 homers in the same game. Senzel just popped out to end the 8th so his cycle bid is likely over. Ervin would be up 4th in the 9th so he needs someone to get on to get one more chance at it.
Reply/Quote
Votto gets ejected arguing a strike 3 call in the 9th. The pitch was clearly outside so he had a right to be upset. If I read his lips right, just before he was tossed he appeared to say to the ump "you're baiting me".
Reply/Quote
Puig is hot as hell. Reds putting up some offense for once.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Ervin does get one more AB and gets a single to make it a 6-6 night!
Reply/Quote