Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September Games Thread
Reds back home in Cincinnati. It would be nice to see Reds win for the home town paying fans over Labor Day Weekend holidays. Reds have a losing record at home in GABP, so they need to improve on that. Give the fans a reason to come back again, instead of crying in the off season about fans not coming to games. Reds need to put up some Home Wins, and Labor Day Weekend a good time to give GABP Fans some wins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm anxious to see their new additions in the lineup ups against lefties.
Reply/Quote
Both new guys are in the lineup for game 1.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
H. Greene to covid IL, Fraley back from IL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
These away off the plate strike calls are getting very old.
Reply/Quote
Antone is back, Richardson called up (starting game 2) and Carson Spiers added as a sub player. Cruz and Lively now also on Covid list and Hopkins, Busenitz, and Santillan sent to Louisville.
Reply/Quote
Welp, a day to forget for our "new" acquisitions. A combined 0-fer! No walks.

This team is DONE. It's not hard to read the tea leaves. I'm just thankful they were entertaining enough to get us through the summer. Can't wait to see what new toy Phil bought with paying fans' money. I doubt it's a riverboat, but it should be!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 07:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Welp, a day to forget for our "new" acquisitions. A combined 0-fer! No walks.

Every time the Reds acquire a poor hitting older outfielder, I get reminded that Walt Jocketty is still in the Reds FO.

- - - - - -

How freaking serious can we be if Lyon Richardson is starting a game in the final month of the season against the team ahead of us in the Division and wildcard race?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Four walks through two innings. I'm not watching the game, is the strikezone the same for both teams for G2 and Richardson can't hit the broad-side of a barn or are we getting screwed on calls again already?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 08:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Four walks through two innings. I'm not watching the game, is the strikezone the same for both teams for G2 and Richardson can't hit the broad-side of a barn or are we getting screwed on calls again already?

The former. A lot of pitches nowhere close.

Meanwhile I am feeling very confident in a prediction that if DLC plays an entire season next year, he will SHATTER the single-season strikeout record. Not break it (it is 223) but shatter it at 240+.

Reply/Quote
MARTINI!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN!!!!!! Needed this win badly!
Reply/Quote
Marte with the walk-off.

Reply/Quote
Since July 14th, Graham Ashcraft has had 10 starts, 8 quality starts, an ERA of 2.35, 70 IP, 20 ER, 50 K, 17 BB, 53 H, 1.00 WHIP.

We've gone 3-7 in those 10 starts because our offense has averaged 2.9 runs per game (and that is propped up heavily by a 9-0 game against LA. In the other 9 starts, it's only 2.22 runs per game).

And that's not just during his innings pitched. That's for the entire games in which he's started.

That's very sad.

Luckily for us, we squeaked out a win on a walk off in the evening game, but still a horrible performance by the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 12:47 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Since July 14th, Graham Ashcraft has had 10 starts, 8 quality starts, an ERA of 2.35, 70 IP, 20 ER, 50 K, 17 BB, 53 H, 1.00 WHIP.

We've gone 3-7 in those 10 starts because our offense has averaged 2.9 runs per game (and that is propped up heavily by a 9-0 game against LA. In the other 9 starts, it's only 2.22 runs per game).

And that's not just during his innings pitched. That's for the entire games in which he's started.

That's very sad.

Luckily for us, we squeaked out a win on a walk off in the evening game, but still a horrible performance by the offense.

Yup

The offense has been on summer vacation now for like a month. If they don't pick it up right now we have no chance.
Reply/Quote
What the hell is going on? Starting pitchers dropping like flies. Ashcraft on 15 day IL with stress reaction in his big toe, Williamson on Covid list and called up Chasen Shreve and Connor Phillips.
Reply/Quote
FFS 2 pickoffs in 2 innings. Terrible.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FFS 2 pickoffs in 2 innings. Terrible.

That said, I am glad that Encarnacion-Strand is really starting to show some life. 7 for his last 13, 2 doubles, 1 HR. I really hope this is him turning a corner despite the rest of the Reds generally looking very poorly coached, executed, and uninspired.

Reply/Quote
Hell of a bounce-back performance by Abbott.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 09:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hell of a bounce-back performance by Abbott.

He didn't deserve that. I was surprised he was sent back out there with 91 pitches.

Reply/Quote