Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
Yes, 4 good wins in a row. Make it 5 in a row against Milwaukee. Reds now 4 games under .500 and it sure would be great to see the Reds be at .500 ball going into July for first time in years. One good thing about Milwaukee, no rain delays or rain outs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
What can I say? TADA! Just .76 percentage points from the Cubs in the standings.. That's not bad considering we just knocked off one of the toughest teams in the league.. Maybe it's .076.. Someone check my math since I suck at that stuff..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just read that the Reds are open to adding a controllable bat before the deadline. My guess would be that it would be an Outfielder.
Reply/Quote
I also just looked at Dayton’s box scores. It looks like Scooter only played half a game Monday and didn’t play at all Tuesday or Wednesday. Does anyone know anymore about this? This doesn’t sound like how a smooth rehab usually goes. I really hope that he’s had enough time to heal.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 08:14 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I also just looked at Dayton’s box scores. It looks like Scooter only played half a game Monday and didn’t play at all Tuesday or Wednesday. Does anyone know anymore about this? This doesn’t sound like how a smooth rehab usually goes. I really hope that he’s had enough time to heal.

Gennett has a return time-table for end of next week is what I hear.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 04:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I just read that the Reds are open to adding a controllable bat before the deadline. My guess would be that it would be an Outfielder.

Rumor is Clint Frazier from the Yanks.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reds on fire!!! 5 wins in a row!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 10:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Gennett has a return time-table for end of next week is what I hear.  

Any idea as to why he skipped playing those 2 games? Just sounds odd for a rehab.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 10:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Rumor is Clint Frazier from the Yanks.  

He’s a good young hitter. I’ve heard that he’s a poor defender though.
Reply/Quote
5 in a row, this kinda stuff makes it fun to be a Reds fan. The fun part has been missing for way too long! Go Redlegs!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:13 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Any idea as to why he skipped playing those 2 games? Just sounds odd for a rehab.

Maybe giving him time to rest.  He probably is getting back into shape as well.  Game playing is different from training.  But I have not heard why they rested him.  He sounds to be on schedule as can be said about Wood.  Both will be shot in arm to boost team.  The question is where will Dietrich play.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:13 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds on fire!!! 5 wins in a row!

Maybe this is the winning streak we fans have been hoping to see.  I hope they keep it going.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
as others saying, 5 Wins In A Row....and add in a rise from 8 games under .500 to 3 games under .500 which is where Reds climbed to before falling backwards. Gray on the mound who got this streak going last Sunday. Keep it going and get to just 2 games under .500 and making a run to get in this thing in 2019. As for Reds calling it a season and selling players, they could use the Mark Twain line. The report of my death was an exaggeration.

on another note I see a question as to what is the deal with Scooter Gennett rehab. I didn't read it, but there is an internet story that weather has factored in. That I can see. You are trying to bring him back slow and safe to avoid any setbacks. I can see benching him in rain and such. We could add the 5 game win streak makes the rehab of both Gennett and Wood something they can take their time on and avoid undue setbacks. The timetable for both is more around 4th of July anyway. Reds plan to have them in minors like restarting Spring Training, which both are.

OK, back to The Streak. If Reds can make it 6 in a row, they then have Castillo to go for 7 in a row......GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:29 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Maybe giving him time to rest.  He probably is getting back into shape as well.  Game playing is different from training.  But I have not heard why they rested him.  He sounds to be on schedule as can be said about Wood.  Both will be shot in arm to boost team.  The question is where will Dietrich play.  

Ok, Scooter played tonight after the two skipped games. I was afraid that he had a setback.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:31 AM)kevin Wrote: as others saying, 5 Wins In A Row....and add in a rise from 8 games under .500 to 3 games under .500 which is where Reds climbed to before falling backwards. Gray on the mound who got this streak going last Sunday. Keep it going and get to just 2 games under .500 and making a run to get in this thing in 2019. As for Reds calling it a season and selling players, they could use the Mark Twain line. The report of my death was an exaggeration.

on another note I see a question as to what is the deal with Scooter Gennett rehab. I didn't read it, but there is an internet story that weather has factored in. That I can see. You are trying to bring him back slow and safe to avoid any setbacks. I can see benching him in rain and such. We could add the 5 game win streak makes the rehab of both Gennett and Wood something they can take their time on and avoid undue setbacks. The timetable for both is more around 4th of July anyway. Reds plan to have them in minors like restarting Spring Training, which both are.

OK, back to The Streak. If Reds can make it 6 in a row, they then have Castillo to go for 7 in a row......GO REDS.

Ok, thanks! That means they probably passed on Scooter playing on a wet field. That’s being smart!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:13 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds on fire!!! 5 wins in a row!

(06-21-2019, 12:16 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: 5 in a row, this kinda stuff makes it fun to be a Reds fan. 

(06-21-2019, 12:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Maybe this is the winning streak we fans have been hoping to see.  I hope they keep it going.  

(06-21-2019, 12:31 AM)kevin Wrote: as others saying, 5 Wins In A Row

Not just 5 in a row.  

Five in a row against first place teams.   Yes

And hopefully more help on the way from Scooter and Alex Wood.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2019, 12:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Maybe this is the winning streak we fans have been hoping to see.  I hope they keep it going.  

Let's hope they can. We need a good run badly ! Taking 3 of 4 from the Brewers would be fantastic. I heard Dick Williams on the radio last night saying they're looking to see Scooter back before the ASG. I'd guess the home stand vs. Cubs
Reply/Quote
Good news with the next 2 at least is they're night games when the Reds are 24-17 and I might be stretching it a bit on Saturday with the 4:10 start time, but Castillo get the start then.. If it were February it'd be a night game.  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Good news is Reds are up 6-1 in the 4th. Bad news is Senzel might be hurt. He just hit a homer in the top of the 4th and was replaced by Ervin in the bottom of the 4th. They said he went into the clubhouse. Hopefully nothing serious.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
THE RED STREAK :

Up 6-1 going into the 5th. However Gray has thrown a lot of pitches. Senzel had to come out of game after his home run, announcers don't know injury yet. Reds need bullpen to be on as they will be coming in soon.

Add on....Gray out of game not soon enough. He gave up 2 homers and Reds lead goes from 6-1 to 6-4 with 1 out, runner on 1st and tying run at plate. Reds announcers say too bad for Gray not going long enough to get win. He threw 108 pitchers and the car was out of gas. Main thing is Get The Win.

Hernandez came in and put out the fire. As Reds announcers were hoping Gray go long enough to get win, I was yelling Get Him Out Of There. 108 pitches, he was out of gas.

Reds have 4 innings more of bullpen to pitch. GO REDS. May need to score some more.

Reds had runner on 1st and a passed ball. Reds announcers BS'ing about anything else but the game as usual, but a passed ball as good as a stolen base. Runner on 2nd with 1 out. Reds got no runs out of it.

Hernandez gets Reds through 6th on a an amazing double play by Iglesias. He is fun to watch in the field. Concepcion, Larkin, Phillips, some of these guys are slick up the middle and turn hits into double plays and Iglesias does that.

Reds 2 runners on in 7th, 2 outs. Walk, Bases Loaded, 2 Outs. Relied Pitcher throws WALK FOR A RUN. Add On. 7-4. Farmer hits a bloop single, 9-4. Inning ends 9-4, but bullpen just got some much needed help for last 3 innings. 9 to 4 Reds.

Garrett on in 7th, and Reds could use him to get with it. He has been off lately forcing Iglesias in early to bail him out. Garrett walks 2 batters on 8 pitches ? He gets out of 7th, still 9-4.

Now word on Senzel. He left after homer with a headache. Well, they were pounding him on his head in celebration. Maybe you can celebrate too much on the helmet pounding arm swings.

Puig hits homer with runner on and 11-4 Reds. Bullpen still has 2 innings to pitch, but the add on's since 6-4 are HUGE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote