Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
Gray just hits a wall about 90 pitches, 4 2/3 innings area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dietrich is going to set the MLB record for hit by pitches in a season. He's been hit 3 times in this game alone now and he wasn't happy after the 3rd one and things almost got interesting. Both benches were warned and of course Bell wasn't to happy about the Reds having to be warned too.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
THE STREAK :

So Reds are up 11-4 and it would be nice to save the better relievers for another game. And as soon as I type that BOOM, a homer, 11-5. So just get the WIN no matter who they pitch. Now 11-6. Time to warm up somebody in the pen. They do, Lorenzen. Bowmen loads the bases. GET HIM OUT OF THERE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Rays get to play in two cities.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/20/mlb-gives-rays-green-light-to-explore-two-city-structure-with-montreal.html

Bowman may have just pitched his way to Louisville
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Lorenzen walks in a run and tying run came to plate, but Reds get out of inning 11-7. Still have 1 more bullpen inning to go.

If Reds had NOT got add on runs, they would be losing 7-6.

Lorenzen bats, so you would think he pitches the 9th.

Brewers do have some cute women in the stands on this Friday Night. Home of Laverne & Shirley & Happy Days.

OK, this is for THE STREAK. Close out the 9th.

Lorenzen walks first batter. Iglesias may be warming up soon.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Going into the ninth
Reds 187 pitches
Brewers 191 pitches

378 pitches in 8 innings. This happens a lot in Sonny Gray games. He's either totally on or he's off the plate by an inch. Waaaaaay too many 3 ball counts with Sonny Gray.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2019, 12:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Lorenzen walks in a run and tying run came to plate, but Reds get out of inning 11-7.  Still have 1 more bullpen inning to go.

If Reds had NOT got add on runs, they would be losing 7-6.

Lorenzen bats, so you would think he pitches the 9th.

If they didn't have a 7 run lead I don't think Bowman starts the inning. It likely would have been either Lorenzen or Iglesias.
Reply/Quote
The big leads turns to Iglesias to get the save.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2019, 01:18 AM)kevin Wrote: The big leads turns to Iglesias to get the save.

Not a save situation but he got the job done. 6 wins in a row!!!
Reply/Quote
THE RED STREAK :

Iglesias gets the save.

6 Game Winning Streak. 2 games under .500

Castillo on mound Saturday going for 7 in a row and 1 game under .500

TV just put up streak stats. 6 runs a game and a 3 ERA. So Reds are scoring twice what pitchers giving up in this RED STREAK.

I'll add on Gray, he has pitched in 2 of the wins in this RED STREAK. Keep it going Castillo.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2019, 01:22 AM)kevin Wrote: THE RED STREAK :

Iglesias gets the save.

6 Game Winning Streak.  2 games under .500

Castillo on mound Saturday going for 7 in a row and 1 game under .500

Again it wasn't a save situation. 
Reply/Quote
OK, not a save. It seemed like one since he came in with runner on and therefore game was in doubt. I've seen saves awarded for far less. The Main things is THE RED STREAK. On to Castillo. GO REDS. Trying to get to just 1 game under .500
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Cass has pitched one bad game this year and it was against the Brew Crew, our Ace gets redemption today!
Reply/Quote
So Saturday with Castillo on the mound, Reds can get win of Brewers series, climb to 1 game under .500 and extend this win streak to 7 games. I don't know what major plans any of you had for Saturday, but this may be a game worth watching.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just think, a win tomorrow with Castillo and a sweep is possible. Reds are only 3 games back in wild card. Hard to believe after a 1-8 start.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It wasn't real pretty but they made it six in a row !!! 8-3 over the past two weeks and just what the doctor ordered.

We need Suarez and Dietrich to come out of their funk. I had all but given up on Puig but he's finally heating up. Hoping there's nothing to Senzel's headache.

Would be so sweet to make it seven in a row with Castillo today.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2019, 03:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just think, a win tomorrow with Castillo and a sweep is possible. Reds are only 3 games back in wild card. Hard to believe after a 1-8 start.

Since the 1-8 start, the Cubs are the only team in the division with a better record than the Reds.
Reply/Quote
Cubs looking awful. down 9-0.
Reply/Quote
Reds with another 3 spot in the 1st today so far. Still batting.
Reply/Quote
Castillo then gives up 4 in the bottom of the 1st. Going to be one of those games.
Reply/Quote