Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of May games thread
No top of the 9th magic today but they had their chances. Lets win the rubber tomorrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Winker was the last guy I wanted to see up to bat when he hit into the DP. He's chasing things in the dirt and the scouting reports have him chasing everything low..VERY predictable..
That said...I think a week in Louisville would do Jesse a world of good to get his mojo back. Hell, maybe even swap him with Schebler for a week or so.. Schebler can hit, but he was stuck in a real funk. Now Jesse has replaced his funk and doing the exact same thing Schebler was doing.. For that matter Aquino might make sense being he's hitting .315. VanMeter and O'Grady may be enticing, but VM hasn't hit for squat in the bigs and OG is a 1st baseman.. Votto isn't going to sit in favor of him. O'Grady is at .321 currently just like VM was before being brought up.. Aquino has been up before, but didn't produce when he was. I'm not necessarily sold on Ervin yet.. He was hitting a paltry .228 in Louisville.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Are the Reds getting Gennett and Wood in June?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 06:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Can't believe Winker was stupid enough to swing at a 2-0 pitch with the horrible day he was having. I'd rather see him take every pitch and either walk or strikeout instead of swinging and possibly hitting into a double play.

I don’t know why managers don’t lay down the law on shit like this. I’m not saying to take strike 3 but at least take the first strike in situations like this.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 08:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Winker was the last guy I wanted to see up to bat when he hit into the DP. He's chasing things in the dirt and the scouting reports have him chasing everything low..VERY predictable..
That said...I think a week in Louisville would do Jesse a world of good to get his mojo back. Hell, maybe even swap him with Schebler for a week or so.. Schebler can hit, but he was stuck in a real funk. Now Jesse has replaced his funk and doing the exact same thing Schebler was doing.. For that matter Aquino might make sense being he's hitting .315. VanMeter and O'Grady may be enticing, but VM hasn't hit for squat in the bigs and OG is a 1st baseman.. Votto isn't going to sit in favor of him. O'Grady is at .321 currently just like VM was before being brought up.. Aquino has been up before, but didn't produce when he was. I'm not necessarily sold on Ervin yet.. He was hitting a paltry .228 in Louisville.. 

Those early homeruns really messed with his swing.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 09:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Are the Reds getting Gennett and Wood in June?

Yes to Scooter and I doubt that Wood will pitch this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 10:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yes to Scooter and I doubt that Wood will pitch this year.

I hope Scooter can pick up where he left off, but he hasn't played since spring. I wouldn't be too shocked if he starts off pretty weak when he does return.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 12:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hope Scooter can pick up where he left off, but he hasn't played since spring. I wouldn't be too shocked if he starts off pretty weak when he does return.. 

The thing with the Scooter injury is that if it’s not totally healed and he comes back, he will be done for the year. I don’t see how Wood passed a physical for the trade unless the Reds knew and didn’t care, just so they could dump Bailey. Wood missed the end of last season with the back injury and hasn’t pitched this year, that like 10 months. I just can’t see him ever being a starter again. Did he even have surgery or was it just rest and physically therapy? I would be 100% shocked if he started any games for the Reds.
Reply/Quote
Votto appears to have righted the ship. 7-11 in this series so far including 2-2 today at this point.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but Votto has no power anymore. 75% of his swings are stupid check swings.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Nice win and 17 hits to boot

If I would have told you 2 or 3 weeks ago the Reds would have 57 hits in 5 games vs. Brewers and Cubs I'd have been called nucking futs ! With a little shot of luck they could have swept all 5 games.

I know I've asked this question 2 or 3 times but have the bats finally woke up ?

Now we need to take 2 of 3 from Pirates
Reply/Quote
Nice....Reds have won both series against the Cubs so far.

Reds 4 games under .500 now.

Reds have Memorial Day Double Header with Pirates in Cincy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Doubleheader with Castillo and Gray pitching.
If our offense shows up (and those two play to their potential) we could be walking out with just 2 games under 500! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 11:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Doubleheader with Castillo and Gray pitching.
If our offense shows up (and those two play to their potential) we could be walking out with just 2 games under 500! Big Grin

Castillo and Gray and Reds are catching Pirates with at least 2 of their better starting pitchers on the injured list.  GO FOR IT.  Move on up to just 2 games under .500 and keep laying losses on NL Central.  Getting back to .500 after that horrible start to season would be HUGE. 

I added Gray to a couple Fantasy Teams for this week because he could pitch twice with a Monday start.  I would not mind seeing Disco & Mahle pitch Tuesday & Wednesday on 3 days rest not 4 as old 4 man rotation days, just watch the pitch counts.  With day off Thursday, everybody goes back to 4 days rest with Roark on Friday, Cueto and Gray rest of weekend.  It saves a minor league move that isn't needed.  Disco & Mahle could get after the Pirates and just have the pen ready on the pitch count, maybe 5 innings or so each.  Hit the Pirates with Castillo, Gray, Disco, Mahle and take advantage of Pirates a couple starters on the IL.    Go After getting back to .500......Wipe that awful start to season off the boards by getting back to .500 before June 1st.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't know that I'm sold on Disco in this role, but the rest have me hopeful this team could potentially be in first place by the ASG. They're not the same sad sack team of earlier this season with a lineup hitting south of .225 Most of the lineup is finally picking it up so if the pitching stays sharp and the hitting keeps trending upward it's not inconceivable they could overtake everyone in the division. Am I predicting such? No, but I'm not discounting the possibilities either.  I can't remember the last time a Reds team climbed out of being 6.5 out to first place, but it's been done before. Boy howdy that would be something to fill seats up in GABP.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 11:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Doubleheader with Castillo and Gray pitching.

Even better yet is that the Cubs have to face the Astros and the Brewers are going up against the first place Twins and even the Cards go against the Phillies just when we're facing the Pirates.. I like the way our stars are aligning here.. Every one of our division rivals are playing first place teams.. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: 61109982_912799395718940_296050342078133...e=5D53FF90]

Reply/Quote
Wow the defense really gave away the 1st game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
9th time the Reds have had a chance to go from 4 under to 3 under and they've lost every time. Just can't get over that hump !
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 06:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 9th time the Reds have had a chance to go from 4 under to 3 under and they've lost every time. Just can't get over that hump !

Let’s hope that they win tonight and get a 10th chance tomorrow!
Reply/Quote