Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Referee complaint thread
(10-23-2018, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You should.  It's probably just as amusing.  It doesn't really matter what the team affiliations are: When people are full of the double fuel of emotion and alcohol, they tore some funny stuff!

LMAO....maybe during the bye. :andy:

In all seriousness.....I only periodically post in our GameDay thread....some games not at all, some games quite a bit.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:02 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: It is quite interesting how much time they spend here. They are even well  attuned to what is going on in Jungle Noise, even down to specific posts in threads.

Makes me wonder two things:

1. How many alias accounts do they have? (there are AT LEAST 3 posters in JN that are clearly trolls) and,

2. Why don’t they have more of a life outside of this forum?

Granted, earlier this year they faded away when they thought their season was going down the toilet. So I have to think they were finding other things to do with their time. But I don’t know, I kinda lean towards them being like lost little sheep,  in their respective rooms, under their covers, crying themselves to sleep. That Ben Roethlisberger poster on their wall just not doing it for them anymore. No action for Ben for roughly two weeks. Shame, shame.

Thank goodness their season has seemingly turned around, now they can enjoy life again!

In our defense, this board is WAY better than the Steelers board. That's the only reason I post here. I'd rather have brain surgery than to post on the Steelers board.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:17 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, but now we might be alone in here since your season has started to go down the toilet ...

Remains to be seen, doesn’t it?

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 09:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Why would a Stooler fan care about what's posted in a thread about KC/Cincy? Mellow
I really was looking forward to watching the game. I genuinely figured it would be a good one with two good offenses. When it started to go bad, I wanted to see what you guys were saying about it, so I peeked in on the GD thread. And from where I started, page 26, bitching about the refs seemed to be the biggest point of conversation for quite some time. 

(10-23-2018, 09:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't......just find it amusing.....and you guys ARE posting on OUR board, after all...... Mellow

Maybe I'll start trolling the Stooler/opponent game day threads on a Stooler board.....  Hmm 

Nah....I gots much better things to do. :andy:
You know you love us, admit it. You wouldn't know what to do if we all left. 
(10-23-2018, 11:09 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: In our defense, this board is WAY better than the Steelers board. That's the only reason I post here. I'd rather have brain surgery than to post on the Steelers board.

No, it doesn't suck but I do post here more though. And in relation to Wyche's 1st post above, personally I like coming here because I like the debate. 

Honestly I've thought about it, and I do enjoy the back and forth jabs and debating. It may sound weird but I really think it's good for the brain. I think it keeps you sharp, kind of like mental exercise. You're just not going to get that in a place where, by and large, everyone agrees. 

I post on the Steelers board "F-Le'veon, the Steelers don't need him" or "That wasn't a pick play at the end of the game" and 99.99% of the people are going to agree. I post that here and it opens a dialogue where you're forced to defend your position and listen to an opposing one too. I don't know, I think it's kind of mentally healthy. 

Even engaging with Brad and his silly circular arguments has it's benefits. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I really was looking forward to watching the game. I genuinely figured it would be a good one with two good offenses. When it started to go bad, I wanted to see what you guys were saying about it, so I peeked in on the GD thread. And from where I started, page 26, bitching about the refs seemed to be the biggest point of conversation for quite some time. 

No, it doesn't suck but I do post here more though. And in relation to Wyche's 1st post above, personally I like coming here because I like the debate. 

Honestly I've thought about it, and I do enjoy the back and forth jabs and debating. It may sound weird but I really think it's good for the brain. I think it keeps you sharp, kind of like mental exercise. You're just not going to get that in a place where, by and large, everyone agrees. 

I post on the Steelers board "F-Le'veon, the Steelers don't need him" or "That wasn't a pick play at the end of the game" and 99.99% of the people are going to agree. I post that here and it opens a dialogue where you're forced to defend your position and listen to an opposing one too. I don't know, I think it's kind of mentally healthy. 

I was banned from the Steelers board just because I said they sucked and weren't going anywhere this year when they started out 0-4. I haven't been back since.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I really was looking forward to watching the game. I genuinely figured it would be a good one with two good offenses. When it started to go bad, I wanted to see what you guys were saying about it, so I peeked in on the GD thread. And from where I started, page 26, bitching about the refs seemed to be the biggest point of conversation for quite some time. 

So...like...are you trying to snuggle with us?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 08:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: So...like...are you trying to snuggle with us?

Are you propositioning me? Im flattered, but Im not gay, so no thanks. I don't swing that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 07:34 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I was banned from the Steelers board just because I said they sucked and weren't going anywhere this year when they started out 0-4. I haven't been back since.

They're 3-2-1.  Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 08:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Are you propositioning me? Im flattered, but Im not gay, so no thanks. I don't swing that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Had to ask cause that was getting borderline... ah gay. I though you were gona kiss someone for a moment.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 08:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They're 3-2-1.  Hmm

I didn't mean this year. I haven't been there since 2013. I should have made myself more clear. I said they weren't going this year in 2013, the year they started 0-4. They banned me for the second time at that point.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:45 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I didn't mean this year. I haven't been there since 2013. I should have made myself more clear. I said they weren't going this year in 2013, the year they started 0-4. They banned me for the second time at that point.

Damn this board would be empty if that happened here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 07:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn this board would be empty if that happened here.

Well, if he's talking about the forum on the official team page, they ultimately did shut that down ...
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 10:40 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, if he's talking about the forum on the official team page, they ultimately did shut that down ...

I'm guessing most teams did.  Anytime I google a team's message board, it's never connected to the team's official site.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 01:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm guessing most teams did.  Anytime I google a team's message board, it's never connected to the team's official site.

Further proof that the worst of the Jungle Noise mentality is not exclusive to Bengals fans: teams don't even want to be associated with their own fanbase's worst homers anymore ... LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 07:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn this board would be empty if that happened here.

(10-24-2018, 10:40 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, if he's talking about the forum on the official team page, they ultimately did shut that down ...

(10-24-2018, 02:21 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Further proof that the worst of the Jungle Noise mentality is not exclusive to Bengals fans: teams don't even want to be associated with their own fanbase's worst homers anymore ... :Lol:

I was talking about the message board at Steelers.com. The first time I was banned I was pissed about a game and posted about it there calling out all the coaches and the Rooney's. I was banned. That was in 2006 or 2007. I had to make a new account in 2012. I made 5 posts on there in 1 year's time and got banned because I wasn't all rah rah. The Bengals board is by far the best football board I've ever been to. Some of my posts here would have gotten me banned there and here, I never once received a warning let alone a ban.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 04:44 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I was talking about the message board at Steelers.com. The first time I was banned I was pissed about a game and posted about it there calling out all the coaches and the Rooney's. I was banned. That was in 2006 or 2007. I had to make a new account in 2012. I made 5 posts on there in 1 year's time and got banned because I wasn't all rah rah. The Bengals board is by far the best football board I've ever been to. Some of my posts here would have gotten me banned there and here, I never once received a warning let alone a ban.

Even the old board on the Bengals website would let you bash the team as long as it didn't get too overboard.  However, they would ban people at times for it....especially if a certain mod was involved.  This board is MUCH better and folks are pretty much free to say what they want.

Hey Biz.....I actually agree with you, the debate (or shit talking) keeps the mind sharp and the tongue witty.  I won't judge whatever it is you're into either....cause there's nothing really wrong with that. Cool

Reply/Quote
Wonder what ever happened to guys like Denny, Joe from Flo or The Bat? Wonder if they are on this board under different names?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:09 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: In our defense, this board is WAY better than the Steelers board. That's the only reason I post here. I'd rather have brain surgery than to post on the Steelers board.

I know you are joking, but my 40 year old daughter had brain surgery in January. Nope, you don't want brain surgery.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:09 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Wonder what ever happened to guys like Denny, Joe from Flo or The Bat? Wonder if they are on this board under different names?

Denny registered here......claimed this board would never make it, and hasn't been back.  I don't think he could handle the ability of posters to call out his bullshit without being banned here.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know you are joking, but my 40 year old daughter had brain surgery in January. Nope, you don't want brain surgery.

Oh I'm sorry. My 70 year old mother had brain surgery last November 7th. She was scared to death and the night before the surgery we were staying in a hotel because we lived too far away from the hospital to stay at home, and she just kept getting up and down every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom because her nerves were too bad. Her surgery was 12 hours long. She had a brain tumor.
Reply/Quote