Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugees Protect Woman From Sexual Harassment In Germany
Video 
(01-30-2016, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: That's a damned lie.  

Either the time I spent deployed overseas while in the military was a figment of my imagination or you don't have any idea what imperialsim is.

Do you know who COL Lawrence Wilkerson is?  He worked for Colin Powell in the Army and the State Department.  He helped Powell review the evidence for Powell's UN presentation for the case against Iraq.  During a 2006 interview Lawerence said, ""My participation in that presentation at the UN constitutes the lowest point in my professional life. I participated in a hoax on the American people, the international community and the United Nations Security Council."

Invading a country based upon lies is imperialism by anyone's definition.  It's shocking you don't know this.  Not to mention the rise of ISIS is an unintended consequence of our own actions which most just ignore or are ignorant of the facts.

The rest of your comments are a combination of hyperbole, false assumptions, and complete bullshit which I decided I won't waste my time addressing individual points after your imperialism fiasco.
(01-30-2016, 04:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Old World colonial powers were at war with each other, too.

What makes a nation sovereign?  Have you ever heard of the Iroquois Confederacy?  Or how it affected certain documents written by certain founding fathers?

Shall we go off into another irrelevant tangent now?  Isnt comparing Syrians to Native Americans enough?

A common misconception that white guilt people have is that ALL of North America was occupied by Indians, when the actual amount of territory "legally" owned by the natives was roughly 3%.
97% belonged to no one.

The natives believed in the "survival of the fittest" so to speak, that the stronger had the right to conquer the weaker.

Indians never claimed all the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Their concept of land ownership was the territory they were currently inhabiting.
The rest was fair game...even accordance to their own law. Much of this land claimed by  settlers, who incidentally came under attack by the Indians in order to nip in the bud what they envisioned a complete takeover by whitey. They were right.
(01-30-2016, 03:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That won't happen.   Europe will be covered in refugee blood before that day comes.     And why would I be ok with a non western group taking over a western nation?

Because you support stronger groups killing off weaker groups and forcing their culture on them. So if it happened, you'd support it, right? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-30-2016, 07:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: Shall we go off into another irrelevant tangent now?  Isnt comparing Syrians to Native Americans enough?

A common misconception that white guilt people have is that ALL of North America was occupied by Indians, when the actual amount of territory "legally" owned by the natives was roughly 3%.
97% belonged to no one.

The natives believed in the "survival of the fittest" so to speak, that the stronger had the right to conquer the weaker.

Indians never claimed all the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Their concept of land ownership was the territory they were currently inhabiting.
The rest was fair game...even accordance to their own law. Much of this land claimed by  settlers, who incidentally came under attack by the Indians in order to nip in the bud what they envisioned a complete takeover by whitey. They were right.

That was an excellent job of failing to address a single thing I wrote. Who kept records of who owned what lands in 1492 for you to obtain IOT calculate those bullshit stats on "legal" ownership?
(01-30-2016, 08:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because you support stronger groups killing off weaker groups and forcing their culture on them. So if it happened, you'd support it, right? 

Only if the stronger group is "western" which is an euphemism for . . .
GMDi Wrote:How do explain that our foreign policy hasn't changed since the 1920's?  I mean since it has been so awful and all in your opinion?

Belsnick Wrote:So you blame Wilson for something he was against?

Meddling into others affairs was the beginning. Technically TR was the beginning but Wilson put it on steroids.

This laid the groundwork and the progressives have ran with it ... Hence the reason I am aggravated by the progressive movement that started with TR.
BmorePat Wrote:Because you support stronger groups killing off weaker groups and forcing their culture on them. So if it happened, you'd support it, right? 

Hey if you kick down the door of a strangers house and then get your tail kicked then so be it. So yes I would support smacking down the morons who invade places they shouldn't.

Now back to your ridiculous comparison of the colonists and native Americans. Maybe if the Indians weren't savages and actually stood up. Then North America would be worthless and we wouldn't have anyone to sell us turquoise on the side of the roads.
oncemoreuntothejimbree Wrote:Only if the stronger group is "western" which is an euphemism for . . .

Yeah funny thing..... I think the western way of life is best. Absolutely shocking coming from someone who lives in the west .
(01-30-2016, 09:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah funny thing.....  I think the western way of life is best.   Absolutely shocking coming from someone who lives in the west .

Another breakthrough!

You recognize your bias!  Now if you see how that makes you say things like everyone from a certain country is a "savage" or how the refugees have nothing to add to the west so they should assimilate completely.

Oh...to dream.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-30-2016, 09:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah funny thing..... I think the western way of life is best. Absolutely shocking coming from someone who lives in the west .

You should say you think the American way of life is best, because we have some distinct differences between us and the rest of the western world that I think you'd have a hard time accepting if they were to be the case here.
(01-30-2016, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: That's a damned lie.  We're the best thing going.  We're not perfect.  We're still a work in progress.  But we do progress.   And simple minds mistake a government for a people.  This place allows you to have your goofy agenda
about this country even as you are surrounded by and no doubt enjoying its bounties.  How can you beat that?

Why are so many people from all over the world beating the door down to get in here if we're so vile?

Our faults and weaknesses are human faults and weaknesses.  Our ethics, our mores are righteous.  We rise to the occasion, we are reliable, we believe in doing right.

The fact that there are wrong doers is not a weakness in America or what it stands for.  It's a weakness in the species.  Certain men chase, capture and then abuse or mismanage power.  Certain men refuse to abide by the rules.  That all goes back to the beginning of Man.  We didn't invent it.  But we have greatly improved on it.

I won't blame you for what Congress did or didn't do and you don't blame me for what the President did or didn't do.  The reality is, neither of us could a damned thing about it.  Maybe that's our biggest weakness--that, over the years, we allowed our government to get so beyond our control.  Can't change that now, though.

But you can't just damn a whole nation of people because of the snakes running the show.  That just seems like over simplified thinking.

Are you really Toby Keith ?
Sorry that's just who I seen/heard in my head, when I read it.
Tongue
(01-30-2016, 09:54 PM)StLucieBgal Wrote: Maybe if the Indians weren't savages and actually stood up.

Since when have savages laid down ?
Savage usually indicates fighting to the last breath, holding nothing back.
Nervous
Belsnick Wrote:You should say you think the American way of life is best, because we have some distinct differences between us and the rest of the western world that I think you'd have a hard time accepting if they were to be the case here.

True. But I it's not hard to see which way of life I would rather live ..... Reasonable Western Europe. Or the treat women like animals way of life of the Muslims .

Which way of life would you choose?
Rotobea Wrote:Since when have savages laid down ?
Savage usually indicates fighting to the last breath, holding nothing back.
Nervous

Which is why I think Europe will get bloody. Savages of Syria and Northern Africa can't help themselves. It's only a matter of them until Europe has had enough. Which is ironically the same slogan the group used who beat down refugees in Sweden. Great find on that story btw. Have you seen the video?
(01-30-2016, 10:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You should say you think the American way of life is best, 

American way of life is best.

Who can disagree whit that?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-30-2016, 09:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another breakthrough!

You recognize your bias!  Now if you see how that makes you say things like everyone from a certain country is a "savage" or how the refugees have nothing to add to the west so they should assimilate completely.

Oh...to dream.

Rock On

I don't really see assimilate into and add to as being at all mutually exclusive.  In fact, the best way to add something to a country is to become part of it and adopt its way of life.  Unless you're moving to some kind of Fascist nation, you don't have to leave your culture behind.

Hey, it's rough being a Muslim refugee.  No denying that.  Obviously, not all Muslims are terrorists, but being wary of them  is not the fault of the innocent people being targeted and killed by them.  They wear the face of the enemy.  And the enemy is vile.  It's as simple as that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-31-2016, 01:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: True. But I it's not hard to see which way of life I would rather live ..... Reasonable Western Europe. Or the treat women like animals way of life of the Muslims .

Which way of life would you choose?

Well, I am definitely a fan of German society, so we know where I stand.

(01-31-2016, 02:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: American way of life is best.

Last I looked at any standard of living rankings there were a few countries ahead of the US. These are arguably rather arbitrary, but they do provide a good basis for disagreement with the American way of life being best.
(01-31-2016, 02:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: American way of life is best.

What metrics did you use to reach this conclusion?
(01-30-2016, 09:55 PM)YStLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah funny thing.....  I think the western way of life is best.   Absolutely shocking coming from someone who lives in the west .

It's not shocking. It's the same reason you believe your religion is the best. Indoctrination. 
(01-31-2016, 04:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What metrics did you use to reach this conclusion?

Woke up this morning'

What countries would you put ahead of the U.S. way?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]