Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hooray this is a B- free agency now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Yesssss! This is the thread Ive been waiting for. Nice signing good upgrade over Hart.
Reply/Quote
Happy to see it.
Reply/Quote
Great! Can't wait to see the terms and where they expect him to play.
Reply/Quote
Nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:53 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Great! Can't wait to see the terms and where they expect him to play.

I’m hoping at least 2 - 3 years.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Now let's get the Bobby Hart money off the books immediately.
Reply/Quote
Goodbye Bobby Hart. Neither your insane rants nor your inconsistent play will be missed.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 10:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My #1 wanted free agent was probably Daryl Williams. He was a top tier RT and could have been had for about 10M per year. Unfortunately (for us), he signed with the Bills at a bit of a market discount. The main reason he was my top choice was because he was a RT by trade. The rest of the players I'm about to list have been LTs, so I'm not sure if they'd want him to move to RT or if we'd move Williams there, so Williams already being a RT made it an easy conversation (plus, you tend to get career RTs at a bit of a discount relative to LTs).

So, my new #1 wanted free agent is either Alejandro Villanueva or Riley Reiff.

Between the two, I think my favorite is Riley Reiff. He only allowed 1 sack last year and only had 1 penalty, whereas Villanueva allowed 3 sacks and had 4 penalties. But honestly, I think you can't go wrong either way.

If we can't get either of them under contract, you could look to Russell Okung or Mitchell Schwartz, although Schwartz would need to clear a medical check as I wonder if maybe his back is worse off than originally thought, considering the Chiefs dropped him.

If we could get any of the 4 under contract for less than 15 million per year for 3 years, I think that would be the perfect splash in free agency to show we really mean business in protecting Burrow.

There are going to be a fair number of guards on the open market as well, which should help us sure up that spot, as I don't believe we're going to pony up the cash needed for Joe Thuney. If we sign one of the above 4 Ts and then a mid tier to good guard, we should be good to head into the draft not being forced to pray that Sewell drops to us or potentially reaching for Slater just to keep Joe and his knees healthy.

He was my #1 FA priority, so this is my best case scenario! Whoo!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goodbye Bobby Hart. Neither your insane rants nor your inconsistent play will be missed.

You do know Frank Pollack was the one who brought in Bobby Hart last time?  My guess is Bobby Hart is one of our starting OG this season.  

I dont like it but he's one of Pollacks guys. 
Reply/Quote
I was starting to wonder if he even existed.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goodbye Bobby Hart. Neither your insane rants nor your inconsistent play will be missed.

I’d rather hold on to Hart until we either resign Spain or better yet resign Spain and sign Turner. Unless they need him off the books for a Galloday signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:55 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m hoping at least 2 - 3 years.

It almost has to be. Reiff had a lot of leverage.

(I'm hoping he can continue to be an above average guy for 2-3 years).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:49 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hooray this is a B- free agency now

Agreed... they've been patient (something us fans can't do....lol) and wound up with a decent haul. If they wind up with Golladay or another lineman, they will have done a REALLY nice job.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Have they tried Bobby Hart at Guard at all?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He was my #1 FA priority, so this is my best case scenario! Whoo!

Sounds like he was your 2nd technically.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:58 AM)TJ528 Wrote: You do know Frank Pollack was the one who brought in Bobby Hart last time?  My guess is Bobby Hart is one of our starting OG this season.  

I doubt Pollack had any say so about it then. Hopefully he does now.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:58 AM)TJ528 Wrote: You do know Frank Pollack was the one who brought in Bobby Hart last time?  My guess is Bobby Hart is one of our starting OG this season.  

.....but we were pretty desperate at that time too....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote