Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff is a Bengal
(03-19-2021, 11:47 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I read somewhere he also gave up 21 qb hurries so maybe the fan's comments was based on that? I don't know if 21 is a high or low # for a LT. 

He only gave up 13 qb hurries, good for 11th best. 21 total qb pressures; combination of sacks, hits and hurries. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a clear upgrade from Hart. That’s all that matters.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Guard/Tackle prospect in 2 and probably another Tackle in 4 or 5...D'Ante Smith or Josh Ball?

What are your thoughts on the possibility of trading back a bit (if possible), getting Jaelan Phillips around 14-16, pick up an extra 2nd and take Rashod Bateman at 38 and then Dillon Radunz around 46-49?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are your thoughts on the possibility of trading back a bit (if possible), getting Jaelan Phillips around 14-16, pick up an extra 2nd and take Rashod Bateman at 38 and then Dillon Radunz around 46-49?

Those guys don't sound like Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:28 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Those guys don't sound like Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts

Could still get Sewell @ #5, Bateman @ #38 and someone like Meinerz (if teams get the anal cramps when the real bullets start flying) or Royce Newman in the 3rd (or possibly 4th in Newman's case). 

What i was looking at is...stop going after Golladay and offer the KC C Reiter. There's an upgrade at C, with Hopkins backing up and Price out the door. In the draft, i'm looking to hit as many needs as possible. If you trade back and take Phillips, you have another quality ED. Then you take the much cheaper than Golladay guy in Bateman to give you 3 really good WRs. Bateman has the size and speed to play outside, which is what the Bengals need in a WR right now. By trading back, they pick up an extra pick in rd2 for that much needed OG. 

Needs met.

Center, ED, WR and OG.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could still get Sewell @ #5, Bateman @ #38 and someone like Meinerz (if teams get the anal cramps when the real bullets start flying) or Royce Newman in the 3rd (or possibly 4th in Newman's case). 

What i was looking at is...stop going after Golladay and offer the KC C Reiter. There's an upgrade at C, with Hopkins backing up and Price out the door. In the draft, i'm looking to hit as many needs as possible. If you trade back and take Phillips, you have another quality ED. Then you take the much cheaper than Golladay guy in Bateman to give you 3 really good WRs. Bateman has the size and speed to play outside, which is what the Bengals need in a WR right now. By trading back, they pick up an extra pick in rd2 for that much needed OG. 

Needs met.

Center, ED, WR and OG.

I'd like to see them go ahead and send offers out to TY Hilton, Watkins, Conley some other vets as well. We still need 2 more WR at least. I would just like a decent veteran so we don't have to put receiver out as a need/reach.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could still get Sewell @ #5, Bateman @ #38 and someone like Meinerz (if teams get the anal cramps when the real bullets start flying) or Royce Newman in the 3rd (or possibly 4th in Newman's case). 

Needs met.

Center, ED, WR and OG.

It's a solid plan.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Turner to get signed to give us one decent G and then pick up a WR to give us another veteran presence in that room.

Then, trade down, get Slater, as you said get an extra 2nd rounder and use it on Basham, and then you can take the other LSU WR Marshall in round 2.

Having Jonah, Slater, Hopkins/Price Turner and Reiff in front of Burrow with Boyd, Higgins, Sammy Watkins perhaps and Terrace Marshall Jr is a good look for the O.

And adding Basham to be a physical beast to go get the QB is nice.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are your thoughts on the possibility of trading back a bit (if possible), getting Jaelan Phillips around 14-16, pick up an extra 2nd and take Rashod Bateman at 38 and then Dillon Radunz around 46-49?

If you're going to be tempted by the forbidden fruit of Jaelan Phillips at edge, you should take a hard look at Aziz Ojulari imo.  It wouldn't shock me if the "re-draft" five years from now has one of these guys as a top producer from this draft.
Reply/Quote
This is yuge. Don’t let the Debbie downers drunk on haterade fool you.

Best offensive linemen we have had since Whit left and he will be replacing Hart.

Wow!
Reply/Quote
Reiff is a pretty radical upgrade to Hart and directly fixes a big problem area. Now they need to follow it up with Guard upgrading.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's a solid plan.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Turner to get signed to give us one decent G and then pick up a WR to give us another veteran presence in that room.

Then, trade down, get Slater, as you said get an extra 2nd rounder and use it on Basham, and then you can take the other LSU WR Marshall in round 2.

Having Jonah, Slater, Hopkins/Price Turner and Reiff in front of Burrow with Boyd, Higgins, Sammy Watkins perhaps and Terrace Marshall Jr is a good look for the O.

And adding Basham to be a physical beast to go get the QB is nice.

I'm not sold on Trai Turner at all. 

Reply/Quote
Really a smart move by Bengals.. you get a proven veteran Oline in their 30s for a very good price for 1 year.. still frees of some cap space for us and can be a buffer for a year as you draft Oline and if we land Sewell, he can move to guard for a year.. and if both things go well with both parties.. can talk about extension...
Reply/Quote

I would like them to get more than just a second for dropping out of the top 5 all the way to 14 to 16 but I do like Jaelan Phillips he has all the talent you want as an edge and can play in a multiple front scheme at multiple spots. His medicals need to be verified but Phillips is one of the better choices at edge in a weak top end class. Bateman just ran a high 4.3 low 4.4 40 so he has shown teams he needs to be in the convo for a top 15 pick. I also like Dillon Radunz as a guard /tackle guy that could start out at left guard year 1 and develop into a tackle. Radunz shutdown everyone at the Senior Bowl.

I know people are still stuck on Penei Sewell and for good reason the Bengals offensive line has been terrible and anyone who as seen my posts know I've been at the forefront of trenches on both sides win games. However this is one of the deepest offensive line classes we have seen and it's a huge reason we have seen teams comfortable cutting solid veteran offensive lineman. I believe they will have a shot a a couple different guys on day 2 and day 3 to be able to take a chance on a playmaker at #5. The Bengals have signed a tackle and are looking at veteran WRs opening up the draft for who st #5? Kyle Pitts, Micah Parsons, or possible trade back?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is yuge. Don’t let the Debbie downers drunk on haterade fool you.

Best offensive linemen we have had since Whit left and he will be replacing Hart.

Wow!

That’s a pretty low bar.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:22 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'd like to see them go ahead and send offers out to TY Hilton, Watkins, Conley some other vets as well. We still need 2 more WR at least. I would just like a decent veteran so we don't have to put receiver out as a need/reach.

I wouldn't be against one of those guys at a much cheaper price than a Golladay, at all. I'd still like to get Bateman in the 2nd though. The Bengals have had some serious success getting WRs in the 2nd rd of the draft. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: I would like them to get more than just a second for dropping out of the top 5 all the way to 14 to 16 but I do like Jaelan Phillips he has all the talent you want as an edge and can play in a multiple front scheme at multiple spots. His medicals need to be verified but Phillips is one of the better choices at edge in a weak top end class. Bateman just ran a high 4.3 low 4.4 40 so he has shown teams he needs to be in the convo for a top 15 pick. I also like Dillon Radunz as a guard /tackle guy that could start out at left guard year 1 and develop into a tackle. Radunz shutdown everyone at the Senior Bowl.

I know people are still stuck on Penei Sewell and for good reason the Bengals offensive line has been terrible and anyone who as seen my posts know I've been at the forefront of trenches on both sides win games. However this is one of the deepest offensive line classes we have seen and it's a huge reason we have seen teams comfortable cutting solid veteran offensive lineman. I believe they will have a shot a a couple different guys on day 2 and day 3 to be able to take a chance on a playmaker at #5. The Bengals have signed a tackle and are looking at veteran WRs opening up the draft for who st #5? Kyle Pitts, Micah Parsons, or possible trade back?

They'd def get more than just a second. I was just focusing on rds 1 and 2. With the glut of OL that's going to pack the 1st rd, i could see where Bateman--who normally might shoot up the board--would fall to rd2. I like Radunz at OG. I don't know if he'd ever develop into a good OT, but who knows. I do see him being a very solid OG for many years though. 

I'd love to get Pitts and i'd love to get Sewell. I'm just starting to round into liking trading back just a bit and getting 3 really solid guys in the first 2 rds. 

Reply/Quote