Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff will play RT
Per Tyler Dragon, Reiff said he will play Right Tackle.

So don't expect Jonah Williams to be moved there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Sewell/Slater isn't the pick unless they plan to plug him at Guard for a season or two.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Yep!

Note I called this one. Reiff at RT means both Tackles can move laterally and play mostly without TE/RB help. I am seeing the image of Pitts more clearly now...
Reply/Quote
Reiff at RT could definitely mean pass catcher/BPA at 5. I'm waiting to see the length of the contract before I'm convinced we take anything but OL at 5.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep!

Note I called this one. Reiff at RT means both Tackles can move laterally and play mostly without TE/RB help. I am seeing the image of Pitts more clearly now...

I'm pretty hesitant to buy any NFL jersey, but if Pitts is drafted, I'm getting it immediately.
The only other jersey I got of a rookie was AJ Green (which is autographed).
My other jerseys were Chad, Atkins, Burfict, and Jeff Blake.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good to see. I'll predict if Sewell is the team's pick, Jonah will move to guard. If Slater is the pick, he'll play guard then move to RT when Reiff's play eventually declines.
Reply/Quote
Jonah shouldn’t be moved.

Are we setting up to trade back in tge draft? I think that is the best scenario now.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep!

I can see clearly now that Pitts is in Cincy....Oh what a sunshine day... LOL (in that weird song voice)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Jonah shouldn’t be moved.

Are we setting up to trade back in tge draft? I think that is the best scenario now.

I actually think the opposite is more likely. They’ll take a playmaker at 5 (Pitts or Chase) and hit OG, DL in the 2nd and 3rd.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually think the opposite is more likely. They’ll take a playmaker at 5 (Pitts or Chase) and hit OG, DL in the 2nd and 3rd.

Perhaps they trade back in the 2nd round to get an extra 3rd or something.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:07 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Jonah shouldn’t be moved.

This definitely gives us that potential. Or we could still take Sewell and groom him behind Reiff, or maybe better yet, take Pitts or one of the WRs. But trading back and getting extra picks wouldnt hurt my feelings. Either way Reiff helps us open up the draft more and gives us an upgrade over Bobby Fart. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:06 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Good to see. I'll predict if Sewell is the team's pick, Jonah will move to guard. If Slater is the pick, he'll play guard then move to RT when Reiff's play eventually declines.

If we actually land GollaDEY, the choices open up considerably in Draft. ....and if this plays out, Pitts is my guy.
we would have Pitts, GollaDEY, Boyd and T-Higgie on field along with Mixon.   Thats sounds damn good to me.   
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If we actually land GollaDEY, the choices open up considerably in Draft. ....and if this plays out, Pitts is my guy.
we would have Pitts, GollaDEY, Boyd and T-Higgie on field along with Mixon.   Thats sounds damn good to me.   

Pitts would be a very good get for Burrow. If it played out the way you are saying, we land Golladay and draft Pitts, I cant even imagine how defenses would stop us. They wouldnt. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:11 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This definitely gives us that potential. Or we could still take Sewell and groom him behind Reiff, or maybe better yet, take Pitts or one of the WRs. But trading back and getting extra picks wouldnt hurt my feelings. Either way Reiff helps us open up the draft more and gives us an upgrade over Bobby Fart. 

I've always hated the idea of having a 1st rounder be a backup for a year, especially if taken in Top 10.
Whoever is taken at 5, I want them to get a lot of reps as a rookie.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Still need to wait and see who else is signed in free agency before making predictions about the draft.

But based on Reiff's age I would still take Sewell at #5. We still have gaping holes on our O-line. "Playmakers" don't help if Burrow does not have protection. Hart only gave up 2.5 sacks last year, so replacing him at RT is NOT going to solve all of our problems with pass rpotection.

Whitworth was one of the best LTs of his era and he played OG when he came into the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:14 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Pitts would be a very good get for Burrow. If it played out the way you are saying, we land Golladay and draft Pitts, I cant even imagine how defenses would stop us. They wouldnt. 

You're starting to see the type of receivers the Bengals prefer. They want guys with size who can go up and get it.
Pitts is the epitome of that.
Chase, even though he's not 6'3"+, can also go up and get it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Call me crazy, but I'd still take Sewell and bump over the almost-bust we have currently occupying LT.

I'm tired of playing around with the o-line. You have a prime opportunity to fix it, so fix it. Stop being distracted by shiny toys like 1990's era Mike Brown.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:14 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I cant even imagine how defenses would stop us. 

Pass rush up the middle.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've always hated the idea of having a 1st rounder be a backup for a year, especially if taken in Top 10.
Whoever is taken at 5, I want them to get a lot of reps as a rookie.

I'm kind of with you on that for sure. Synric mentioned playing Sewell at OG to groom him which could be a great idea, but honestly it would be hard to pass on a guy like Pitts if he were there. Or Chase if we dont get Golladay. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Still need to wait and see who else is signed in free agency before making predictions about the draft.

But based on Reiff's age I would still take Sewell at #5. We still have gaping holes on our O-line. "Playmakers" don't help if Burrow does not have protection. Hart only gave up 2.5 sacks last year, so replacing him at RT is NOT going to solve all of our problems with pass rpotection.

Whitworth was one of the best LTs of his era and he played OG when he came into the league.

PFF has Hart giving up 4 sacks last year (and that’s with missing a couple games).

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659

Reply/Quote