Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff will play RT
(03-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Kaiden.Gower Wrote: There’s no centers worth going after now, guards too

Besides maybe turner to just see if he returns to form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Hell yes he should short arms and not THAT big. Williams would be an elite RG. The Bengals should take Sewell or Darrisaw for LT and bump Williams inside.

O line FIXED... WITH Spain at Center.

Wouldn’t be mad with Jonah to guard at all.

Maybe at guard he’ll be less likely to get injured
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I still think we need to draft OL, but how is he short term? You guys act like this guy is 40 years old.

He turns 33 next season.

What you want to do is pair Reiff with someone like James Hudson in the third round. Hudson is likely to take a year or two of development; Reiff is likely to have a year or two left in him as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Kaiden.Gower Wrote: There’s no centers worth going after now, guards too

Austin Reiter is still available at C. We might be able to sign a T and move him to G also. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's almost like we have a plan to better the roster or something. I'm shocked.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Wouldn’t be mad with Jonah to guard at all.

Maybe at guard he’ll be less likely to get injured

What will help Jonah be less likely to be injured is improving the rest of the line. His injury last year was from being rolled up from behind because the rest of the line sucked. Just like how Burrow got injured bc the line sucked.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we sign Golladay; I'm immediately moving Micah Parsons to the top of my wishlist. We've only got 1 football

Joe only had 1 football his senior year at LSU too...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hart actually had one of the higher snap counts.. his sacks per play was I believe a average or in middle of pack of tackles with sacks.. the real weak link of the line was guard play last year.. we still need to address that in the draft or another FA pickup

Hart -- 525 passblock snaps -- 4 sacks, 44 pressures

Reiff -- 526 passblock snaps -- 1 sack, 21 pressures
Kelly -- 528 passblock snaps -- 0 sacks, 26 pressures
Conklin -- 521 passblock snaps -- 2 sacks, 15 pressures
Jackson -- 506 passblock snaps -- 4 sacks, 38 pressures

Only 2 offensive linemen 5 spots above Hart and 5 spots below Hart, in pass block snaps, gave up more sacks than him and none of them gave up more pressures. None of them had a lower Pass Block Efficiency rating either.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends what Reiff's contract ends up being.
If it's 2-3 years, the Bengals can get a new OT next year or year after.
Why have an OT picked at 5 either waste a year (or two) of rookie contract by sitting the bench or playing IOL?
I'm fine if the Bengals want to get an OL at 5, but I'd want that player to start Week 1 and play the position they are envisioned to play for the long term.
If the plan is to have Jonah Williams as LT and Reiff as RT for 2+ years, get an OL after Rd 1 to play OG or groom behind them.

Doesn't it kind of make more sense to get a versatile guy like Sewell or Slater to play OG for a couple years then move out to T? You are making your line stronger by taking a better player that would be able to play G at a higher level than a guy to groom and then move to a position they should still be strong at. I don't see that as a waste at all.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Doesn't it kind of make more sense to get a versatile guy like Sewell or Slater to play OG for a couple years then move out to T? You are making your line stronger by taking a better player that would be able to play G at a higher level than a guy to groom and then move to a position they should still be strong at. I don't see that as a waste at all.

With Reiff only being essentially on a one-year contract, I think it can be ok to have Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw play a different OL spot aside from RT for a year then move to RT in Year 2. If Reiff was going to be a Bengal 2+ years, that's where I would have more concern.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 09:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Reiff only being essentially on a one-year contract, I think it can be ok to have Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw play a different OL spot aside from RT for a year then move to RT in Year 2. If Reiff was going to be a Bengal 2+ years, that's where I would have more concern.

Right now, i'd think Reiff for 2 years would be a good thing. Keep in mind though, Whit didn't take over tackle full time until his 4th year. 

Reply/Quote
I think Sewell would be a better guard than tackle.
Reply/Quote
And your mama is playing center
Reply/Quote