Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remember the Good Old Days
(02-15-2019, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I will still defend Marvin when someone claims he was "the worst", but that does not mean I did not want him replaced.  And I actually felt that way after the 2017 season.  I was shocked they brought him back last year.

Haven't logged on in a bit. Then I log on to read this, and from Fred!! Is the world flat? Did the rapture begin? Is this really, " The big one Lisbeth"?  Hilarious

Damn, I agree with Fred. Is it to early to start drinking?

As to Op, I think we'll bfine, (see how I did that? Wink ). I think our defensive guys are gonna be out to prove something this year, no matter who the DC is. Just a feeling I have.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 04:09 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Haven't logged on in a bit. Then I log on to read this, and from Fred!! Is the world flat? Did the rapture begin? Is this really, " The big one Lisbeth"?  Hilarious

As to Op, I think we'll bfine, (see how I did that? Wink. I think our defensive guys are gonna be out to prove something this year, no matter who the DC is. Just a feeling I have.

The nobody wants us syndrome is powerful indeed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am assuming he wants to win instead just making everything "his".

We shall see.  We have the trendy HC template, so maybe he's going to want the trendy QB template and shoot for the next Mahommes.  We don't know how things will shake out.  On paper though, we are looking at a rookie HC going into a situation with a QB over 30 who has 0 playoff wins and 3 losing seasons in a row.

Off the top of my head when it comes to new HCs and sticking with the entrenched QB thus far we currently have:

Bengals and Dalton
Chargers and Rivers
Raiders and Carr
Colts and Luck
Giants and Manning
Packers and Rodgers
Lions and Stafford
Buccaneers and Winston

Ok, so it isn't as rare as I thought.  Then again, I can see a number of those guys being replaced, too.  This whole ZT thing is an intriguing wild card, I'll admit, but maybe for all the cha-cha-changes we went through we still get swept by the Steelers and win 6 or so games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 04:09 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Haven't logged on in a bit. Then I log on to read this, and from Fred!! Is the world flat? Did the rapture begin? Is this really, " The big one Lisbeth"?  Hilarious

As to Op, I think we'll bfine, (see how I did that? Wink ). I think our defensive guys are gonna be out to prove something this year, no matter who the DC is. Just a feeling I have.

I agree with Fred on this one too, just didn't want to say it.
Reply/Quote
The good old days when a six pack was 99 cents and a pound of Mary Jane was $50. No seat belts and insurance was optional...instead of backpacking through Europe they just rolled over it bombing everything.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If Taylor does not improve to 9 or 10 wins in 2019, I will consider him a failure. Fans don't get half priced tickets to watch a team lose 4 years in a row.

Blame Taylor, blame MB, blame players. In the end, they get paid to win, if they don't win, they deserve to be blasted by fans. If fans want to accept failure or mediocrity so be it, that is an individual decision fan by fan.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Taylor does not improve to 9 or 10 wins in 2019, I will consider him a failure. Fans don't get half priced tickets to watch a team lose 4 years in a row.

Blame Taylor, blame MB, blame players. In the end, they get paid to win, if they don't win, they deserve to be blasted by fans. If fans want to accept failure or mediocrity so be it, that is an individual decision fan by fan.

Marv was the definition of mediocrity and 0-7 in the Playoffs.

Were you fine accepting this mediocrity and failure Luvnit?

It will take time for Taylor to get this team in shape and to think otherwise is devoid of reality.

Marv wasn't good his first season as a new HC.

I am willing to give Taylor the same patience as Marv got from me, is that fair?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Marv was the definition of mediocrity and 0-7 in the Playoffs.

Were you fine accepting this mediocrity and failure Luvnit?

It will take time for Taylor to get this team in shape and to think otherwise is devoid of reality.

Marv wasn't good his first season as a new HC.

I am willing to give Taylor the same patience as Marv got from me, is that fair?

No, sorry that is not your pointed question answer you were seeking.

I said fire ML after 2017, when they did not I gave up my 4 season tickets in the club section I have had for a very long time.

Like I said, if others want to give the team a free pass in 2019, so be it as their choice, just as mine to say up from my expectations. My expectation is 9 or 10 wins and back to the playoffs, otherwise another huge wasted season in my mind.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

This is where I'm at. I hope the players are getting a huge chip on their shoulders with all these "I don't wanna coach that group" reports. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I'm at. I hope the players are getting a huge chip on their shoulders with all these "I don't wanna coach that group" reports. 
They have got to be taking this personally.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I'm at. I hope the players are getting a huge chip on their shoulders with all these "I don't wanna coach that group" reports. 

I'm hoping another 15 or so DCs  turn us down just to hedge our bets.  Our D gets Hulked up more and more with each day.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 09:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No, sorry that is not your pointed question answer you were seeking.

I said fire ML after 2017, when they did not I gave up my 4 season tickets in the club section I have had for a very long time.

Like I said, if others want to give the team a free pass in 2019, so be it as their choice, just as mine to say up from my expectations. My expectation is 9 or 10 wins and back to the playoffs, otherwise another huge wasted season in my mind.

Those are very high expectations for a new HC in his first season...

If he does that i think we might have a chance at a Playoff win unlike if Marv was still the HC.
Reply/Quote

Grantham is the only one who seemed to say that and it was a lie about the age of our Linebackers but yeah, hope they take it that way.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Those are very high expectations for a new HC in his first season..

If he does that i think we might have a chance at a Playoff win unlike if Marv was still the HC.

Why?

Lewis improved his team 6 games in year 1, the guy everyone disrespects daily did it and most think he is garbage so the wonder boy should be able to do at less than ML right????

Reply/Quote

Where are "all these reports"?  I've only seen one report of a coach that had issues with the players, and that was after he used the Bengals to get a raise from his current employer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where are "all these reports"?  I've only seen one report of a coach that had issues with the players, and that was after he used the Bengals to get a raise from his current employer.

i suppose you'd have to listen to Sirius NFL radio. 

WTS, everyone that declines an interview should be building a fire inside them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 11:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why?

Lewis improved his team 6 games in year 1, the guy everyone disrespects daily did it and most think he is garbage so the wonder boy should be able to do at less than ML right????

Why do you call our new HC the wonder boy?

You clearly hate the guy and are not "Luvnit".

If you want Marv back just say so.

I am willing to give Taylor a little leeway in his first season as i did Marv before him.

Think it should take a year to get up to 10+ wins but i could be wrong and what is actually nice is IF we do i believe we would have a chance at a Playoff win under Taylor unlike the mediocre to terrible Marvin Lewis in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It will take time for Taylor to get this team in shape and to think otherwise is devoid of reality.

A good coach should show immediate results.  New coaches do it their first year all over the league.

Seems like people are just preparing escuses for Taylor because in their hearts they know he is not that good.  They have been blaming losses on coachiong for years, but now they claim a new coach won't make any difference without new players.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A good coach should show immediate results.  New coaches do it their first year all over the league.

Seems like people are just preparing escuses for Taylor because in their hearts they know he is not that good.  They have been blaming losses on coachiong for years, but now they claim a new coach won't make any difference without new players.

Ah, reading minds and the future.  Valuable skills.  What am I thinking about your post right now?

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A good coach should show immediate results.  New coaches do it their first year all over the league.

Don't get me wrong, i think Taylor will be better than Marv especially in motivating the players but to just expect a guy will make a smooth transition from QB coach to a HC in the NFL is a bit much. It will take a bit of time to make the transition is all i am saying. It seems some are not even giving our new HC a chance.

Marv had chance after chance after chance and failed everytime in the Playoffs.

Fred, you HAVE made excuses for Marv forever, so don't give me that bullshit.
Reply/Quote