Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Reply from Mike Brown
(02-11-2017, 11:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He explained how to post the letter. NOW POST THE EFFIN LETTER ALREADY! Pissed

Argh...... (Dog leaps up from chair, flips over table and laptop crashes to floor while yelling) "Who the hell cares anyway?"

Bengals_MBrown.pdf (1.61 MB)

Attached Files
.pdf   Bengals_MBrown.pdf (Size: 1.61 MB / Downloads: 24)
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 11:39 PM)Derrick Wrote: Bengals_MBrown.pdf (1.61 MB)

Unable to view but I'll take your word for it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 11:39 PM)Derrick Wrote: Bengals_MBrown.pdf (1.61 MB)

(02-12-2017, 10:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unable to view but I'll take your word for it.

I wasn't able to open it on my phone, but on my laptop, it opened fine.

Derrick...I grabbed an image link for it, so that those who can't open it can see it. http://i.imgur.com/2zW36zq.png

[Image: 2zW36zq.png]
Reply/Quote
What did you expect:

You know what; you're right. I am firing Marvin and the entire staff because we suck, have sucked, and will suck. Thanks for helping me see what I could not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 05:46 PM)Derrick Wrote: Shake, will you please tell me how to include a scanned (jpg) copy of Mike Brown's letter like you did here? I have tried to copy and paste but it doesn't stick to my reply. Thanks, Derrick

Dude, the old timers believe you. We've seen and read this similar drivel before. Apparently, he's been writing this same letter since 93'. Good share....For your part. 

Good job sharing by Shake and others as well. Taken as a whole it's much easier to understand Denny's mindset from being around MB. Mike believes his own BS and that's a scary thing. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 05:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Good job sharing by Shake and others as well. Taken as a whole it's much easier to understand Denny's mindset from being around MB. Mike believes his own BS and that's a scary thing. 

I was listening to all of the sadness and accolades expressed over Mike Ilitch's death in Detroit.  He moved heaven and earth to make the Red Wings and Tigers the best franchises they could be.  While the Tigers never won a championship, the Wings were a dynasty and won multiple Stanley Cups during his tenure. The city is in mourning over his passing.  Can you imagine that: mourning the death of an owner?  What's it like to respect and admire a professional sports team owner so much that you mourn his passing?  Says quite a bit about the guy.  Meanwhile, in our little world...

If I were 83 and owned a team that had never won a  championship, you can bet your ass I would do everything legally and humanly possible to win a championship before I croaked, not just to repay all of our loyal fans, but so I could enjoy it, too.  But, that's not Mike.  Matters outside of a balance sheet matter not to him.  His actions show that, despite whatever bullshit he puts on team letterhead.  So, he can just croak without a championship and be remembered for being a stubborn, penny-pinching old fool whose death was hardly a reason for sadness.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 06:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I was listening to all of the sadness and accolades expressed over Mike Ilitch's death in Detroit.  He moved heaven and earth to make the Red Wings and Tigers the best franchises they could be.  While the Tigers never won a championship, the Wings were a dynasty and won multiple Stanley Cups during his tenure. The city is in mourning over his passing.  Can you imagine that: mourning the death of an owner?  What's it like to respect and admire a professional sports team owner so much that you mourn his passing?  Says quite a bit about the guy.  Meanwhile, in our little world...

If I were 83 and owned a team that had never won a  championship, you can bet your ass I would do everything legally and humanly possible to win a championship before I croaked, not just to repay all of our loyal fans, but so I could enjoy it, too.  But, that's not Mike.  Matters outside of a balance sheet matter not to him.  His actions show that, despite whatever bullshit he puts on team letterhead.  So, he can just croak without a championship and be remembered for being a stubborn, penny-pinching old fool whose death was hardly a reason for sadness.  

Very well stated and truthful.

I blasted out a little tirade towards Andy while watching the Pro Bowl a couple of weeks back. I was sitting around watching the game and reflecting on last season, while trying not to be bitter about the entire thing.Even though I definitely was. I think what bothers me the most is knowing so many lifelong Bengal fans that have already passed away without ever experiencing a championship.

I mean how many more of us will go before they get this thing done? 35-40 years is a long time to follow any team in any sport, let alone one that has been snake bit like the Bengals. It's really a bummer.

Hell, even the Cubs have a championship now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did you expect:

You know what; you're right. I am firing Marvin and the entire staff because we suck, have sucked, and will suck. Thanks for helping me see what I could not.

Not peeing on his fans and calling it rain would be a start. He could've just focused on being unhappy with the results and striving to be better. Instead he rattled off cherry picked stats as a means to defend results that are mediocre overall - at best. I guess when you opt to keep employing a coach that the rest of the world thinks should've been fired 3 years ago, you have to justify it in your own mind somehow. Just don't expect fans - or anyone else - to buy the BS.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I heard Hobson and Denny ghostwrite for him
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 11:17 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I heard Hobson and Denny ghostwrite for him

Hilarious

wait...

That's actually not all that funny...cause it might be true.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 11:17 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I heard Hobson and Denny ghostwrite for him

This made me spew water!   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 11:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hilarious

wait...

That's actually not all that funny...cause it might be true.  Ninja
Nah.... Denny would have drawn pom-poms and confetti in the margins.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
I think it's Fred toast writing, he's been less active lately, he must be writing the letters.
Reply/Quote
Seriously this letter makes me sick. And I had someone in my Bengals group say last season, they worked somewhere downtown, I forget where, she said they over heard Mike brown talking to someone, and he said something like they need to make the playoffs, they don't have to win,just get there, and the guy he was telling looked at them funny. And her and her family member was disgusted on what they heard and left.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 02:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wasn't able to open it on my phone, but on my laptop, it opened fine.

Derrick...I grabbed an image link for it, so that those who can't open it can see it. http://i.imgur.com/2zW36zq.png

[Image: 2zW36zq.png]

Thanks for posting the original letter. However, still skeptical it came directly from Mike Brown. May be a staff form letter they send to ticket holders. He might have signed it after someone else wrote it up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I am sure that Mike Brown is a nice man.

Marvin's record in the playoffs and against our main rival are the worst ever in the history of the NFL

There is no way Marvin should have been continued after the playoff loss to the Steelers for a whole host of reasons.

Keeping Marvin given these facts is not the mark of a franchise committed to winning the Super Bowl.

Plus, Bodine will be the center next year. Truly hard to believe.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 08:41 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Thanks for posting the original letter. However, still skeptical it came directly from Mike Brown. May be a staff form letter they send to ticket holders. He might have signed it after someone else wrote it up.

Just stop. I've already posted links showing that Mike writes his fans, there's been stories through the years that talk about Mike's tendency to take time to do it personally, and the letter reeks of Mike Brown. He has a unique way of speaking I guess you could say.

You guys act like the man receives thousands of letters. I bet he gets a small handful a week, if that. He's got plenty of time for that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mr. Brown

Quit being cheap and place winning atop the mantle. Make your coaches accountable, set expectations, and watch the results change.

Just curious, but if it really is that simple then why do so few teams succeed on any type of consistent basis?
Reply/Quote
Mike browns finally back on the boards
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but if it really is that simple then why do so few teams succeed on any type of consistent basis?

If its that hard to win a playoff game why dont other teams go 27 years without one?

I guess we just have bad luck?
Reply/Quote