Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Reply from Mike Brown
(02-15-2017, 02:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you agree they should both be gone, I'm not sure what your battle is here. Of course people are going to be mad at any defense of those two. They should've been looking for jobs last month. So any defense of them is going to draw the ire of fans, especially when he's highlighting the success they've had, and not highlighting (and apologizing for) any negatives - which are significant. 

In short, writing letters is nice, but by not firing underperforming coaches (which is why the letter was written), Mike puts himself in a no-win situation. Words aren't going to make anyone happy at this point. He can either write a bunch of nothing and get a "blah" response, or he can make excuses and piss people off further.

Well some will focus on the negatives (be mad) and some will focus on the positives. Each person gets to choose his or her stance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the letter Mike Brown drafted. It concedes our playoff failures, empathies with the disappointed fan, and tries to give hope to the near future.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well some will focus on the negatives (be mad) and some will focus on the positives. Each person gets to choose his or her stance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the letter Mike Brown drafted. It concedes our playoff failures, empathies with the disappointed fan, and tries to give hope to the near future.

I agree with all of that.  The problem is, what hope for the future is there with the same old bums running the show?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 10:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with all of that.  The problem is, what hope for the future is there with the same old bums running the show?

The message I got from this exchange is that bfine somehow believes there's a positive side to all this. I don't believe this is about being a positive or negative person or any kind of babble. Ask yourself the following questions and answer them objectively:

Is it likely that the team can (seriously) compete for championships with no changes to the staff?
Did the terrible o-line play sink us last year? Is that likely to improve while keeping PA and possibly dropping Z?
So you believe Mike Brown is correct for continuing to put faith in these guys?

Sometimes the truth isn't sunshine and rainbows. IMO, it's better to confront and tackle the negative than to pretend things are great. I'd hate to be in a house fire with bfine. He'd probably make smores and tell me there's no reason ot worry. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
:paul:
Lest we forget who started this thing called" Cincinnati Bengals" and whom the stadium is named after. Paul Brown. Evidently MB didn't understand this thing called winning from his father! Paul Brown probably forgot more about football than his son  will ever know about the game! Unfortunately, we can't bring Paul back. But ,if his son would look back on the legacy his Dad left to him and the Brown family maybe some of the stupid decisions he's made in the past,he would ask if dad would be proud of him !!!!!!
Reply/Quote