Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not getting into this whole thing, other than to say Hue is called Marvin 2.0 because he has coached with Marvin so much, and is much the same guy and they think the same..... which is why Marvin brought him in to "help" him this year....

Pretty much.....although Marvin seems to be a better HC than Hue based solely off records.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: That isn't how it works...

Being the minority on a topic doesn't make a person right OR wrong.  I just have a different perspective of what I am looking for out of RBs.

Look at Bennard.  He runs hard and isn't afraid to get hit.  It is a shame he isn't bigger.

Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.

The guy averaged almost 5 yards a carry behind a crappy line when the whole world knew who was getting the ball.  You're entitled to any goofy opinion you want.  That doesn't mean you aren't wronger than wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:59 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Oh, no I only have the 1 name.

No I am a Bengals fan...  been so for a LONG time.

No I don't like Mixon.  Want him gone.  However he is on the team.  I think he is overrated and we could do the same without him. 

I get that I am a minority in that belief, especially on this board.  However I should be allowed to express that belief without being called fake or a racist.

What you said about Mixon makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt now.

Mixon is anything but overrated, he is a future star in this league and led the AFC in rushing behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL this year. He is big, fast, can catch the ball out of the backfield, can run great routes, can run defenders over, or can go around or jump over them and has all the moves. Most complete back we have had and he is just going to get better with a decent O-line in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: This right here relieves you of all credibility.  Hard to take anybody seriously who says that.  Why are you in the minority?  Because you're dead ***** wrong.

Yep. Mixon played behind a below average to bad offensive line and led the AFC in rushing. That says A LOT about his individual talent.

IF we had a top 10 offensive line, Mixon might have had 1500-1600 yards.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:12 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: but, you could say the exact same thing about Taylor and Monken, there is only one major difference

Let me guess... YOU think the only difference is skin color.... even though I have stated MANY times the reason those 2 are better than Eric. 

Could they both be bad coaches?  Sure. 

However Eric is the one touted as being the hottest prospect.  Many have claimed that Eric should be the pick over Monken or Taylor, only looking at his OC experience.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: That isn't how it works...

Being the minority on a topic doesn't make a person right OR wrong.  I just have a different perspective of what I am looking for out of RBs.

Look at Bennard.  He runs hard and isn't afraid to get hit.  It is a shame he isn't bigger.

Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.

Le'Veon, is that you???
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:12 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: but, you could say the exact same thing about Taylor and Monken, there is only one major difference

I'm still on the Monken train even if I believe it missed the stop.

Todd had success at the college level flipping a college program from awful to successful. He is then hired by Tampa Bay and built his own offense incorporating Air Raid and Air Coryell. 

I believe it will be very very bad if Cleveland hires him as the OC because he fits what they are building.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

No. it has been the case.

Mixon is timid.

Calling him out as such has incurred the wrath of this board.  

Both statements are true.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Le'Veon, is that you???

This is funny since I do remember Bell calling out Mixon for trying to copy his run "style".
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What you said about Mixon makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt now.

Mixon is anything but overrated, he is a future star in this league and led the AFC in rushing behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL this year. He is big, fast, can catch the ball out of the backfield, can run great routes, can run defenders over, or can go around or jump over them and has all the moves. Most complete back we have had and he is just going to get better with a decent O-line in front of him.

Gotta agree.....for as much as I was against the pick originally, I like what he has done out there on the field.....and has been quiet off of it.  He has also shown some leadership in the locker room, which is an added bonus.  You know, Nate, that no one can say I'm saying good things about Joe Mixon because he is my favorite player.  I'm saying them because they're true.  I'm warming up to the kid, fast.  I've never seen him afraid to make contact, and certainly no lack of effort.  What he did behind this line with stacked boxes at the end of the season is quite remarkable.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:19 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No. it has been the case.

Mixon is timid.

Calling him out as such has incurred the wrath of this board.  

Both statements are true.

And I repeat; Stop it.

In regards to the bold, you are SO damn lucky I can't access Youtube at work, otherwise I would insert your foot in your mouth a bunch of times.

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What you said about Mixon makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt now.

Been trying to tell people for a few weeks now. This dude is here for one reason, to stir the pot.

As wrong as he is on Mixon, now I’m hoping the HC is Bienemy. He’s sure to be a great coach with cascadias opinion of him being what it is.

Reply/Quote
Here's some of that timidness….
https://www.bengals.com/video/cincinnati-bengals-running-back-joe-mixon-s-best-plays-2018-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What you said about Mixon makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt now.

Then take it how you want.  Doesn't invalidate my position.

You are giving me his draft profile.  Many RBs are described as such. 

Yes he CAN run over defenders, but he doesn't... why?  Could it be that he is timid?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:20 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: This is funny since I do remember Bell calling out Mixon for trying to copy his run "style".

I’m sure you do. You’re probably wearing your Ben Roethlisberger underoos reminiscing about the good old days in Pittsburgh. You know before your killer B’s started attacking each other?

Reply/Quote
I just wish we could know who these assistants are that we are releasing.

Would go a bit in having a clue on who we are hiring maybe?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And I repeat; Stop it.

In regards to the bold, you are SO damn lucky I can't access Youtube at work, otherwise I would insert your foot in your mouth a bunch of times.

Stop it.

i got you fam

https://www.bengals.com/video/cincinnati-bengals-running-back-joe-mixon-s-best-plays-2018-season

tell me where he looks timid in ANY of those runs
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just wish we could know who these assistants are that we are releasing.

Would go a bit in having a clue on who we are hiring maybe?

Reports the TE coach Hayes is the first released.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:23 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Then take it how you want.  Doesn't invalidate my position.

You are giving me his draft profile.  Many RBs are described as such. 

Yes he CAN run over defenders, but he doesn't... why?  Could it be that he is timid?

The eye test says wrong.  The numbers say wrong.  The world says wrong.

Conclusion--troll is trolling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote