Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-10-2019, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you referring to Bienemy as "Marvin Jr.?  If so, I'd really like to know why.  

Our success with Bienemy will be the same as Lewis with the same amount of longevity.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're just a glass half full kind of guy, aren't you....

No I am genuinely excited at the prospect of a new coach.

However I do know that Bienemy will NOT be a change. 

Others might think he is, but he isn't and I am calling it now. 

Taylor would be a change.  Someone that has actually helped build a struggling franchise and turn it around.

Bienemy has NOT done that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't agree with Cascadia that Bieniemy would be a bad candidate for HC but his previous posts in other threads indicate that he believes Taylor and Monken were the architects of the success their current teams have had whereas Bieniemy is simply the beneficiary of someone else's efforts.

McVay and Taylor came in and changed the culture for the Rams whereas Monken made the best of the bad Buccaneers situation to create a top offense, all while having similar weapons as the Bengals do now.

Bieniemy didn't even call the plays at KC, even though his predecessor did. And it makes you wonder why Reid did not relinquish play calling to him, but he did for Nagy.

As for why he called him Marvin Jr. I dunno. Hopefully, he means more just we'd be treading water with Bieniemy, and not their physical similarities...

.....however, both Nagy and Pederson didn't INITIALLY call the plays.  Reid relinquished that duty after a year or so.  It remains to be seen if he would ultimately do the same with Bienemy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that's what it's beginning to look like.  I don't need to remind long time, outstanding board personalities like yourselves that we just don't roll that way around here..

But, for the newer members who may have simply glossed over the Code of Conduct?  Now might be a good time to go read up, before anything gets out of hand..

Really?!

I don't like the prospect and all of a sudden I am racist? 

I see how it is around here.

Sunset you should be better than this.

Eric is Marvin Jr.  Let him be the selection and see who is right and who is wrong.   This is BS.  I have posted reasons for not wanting Eric and yet those seem to be ignored.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:40 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Really?!

I don't like the prospect and all of a sudden I am racist? 

I see how it is around here.

Sunset you should be better than this.

Eric is Marvin Jr.  Let him be the selection and see who is right and who is wrong.   This is BS.  I have posted reasons for not wanting Eric and yet those seem to be ignored.

Track record of being a wolf in sheep’s clothing will get ya.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:36 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No I am genuinely excited at the prospect of a new coach.

Taylor would be a change.  Someone that has actually helped build a struggling franchise and turn it around.

Bieniemy has the better resume of the two. While both had unsuccessful stints as OC in the college ranks. Bieniemy has had alot of success as the RBs coach of the chiefs then as OC he has helped install one of the best if not the best offense in the league. Bieniemy has been in Kansas City for 7 years learning under Andy Reid. Zac Taylor has been in LA with the Rams for 2 years one of them being assistant wide receivers coach. Taylor only time as OC in the NFL was as interim OC of the Dolphins after Bill Lazor was canned and put up worse numbers the second half of that season than Lazor.

I'd roll the dice with Bieniemy over Taylor.  Honestly I like Todd Monken over everyone.

Edit: Sorry about the similar post I thought the first one was deleted somehow or just didnt post.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know, lost in all of the hoopla, is what I have bolded.  I absolutely agree.  For all of his faults as a HC, he did deliver us from the abyss, and did some REALLY outstanding things in the community.  There should have been a proper sendoff, playoff wins or not.

This is like the Mormons saying "Yes, we know all this Joseph Smith golden plate stuff is bullshit, but you should see the missions we do".

Honestly, most players and coaches these days do great things in the community. What does Mikey do for the community?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:36 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No I am genuinely excited at the prospect of a new coach.

Then how is bienemy like Marvin, as Marvin turned around a struggling franchise? You lost me.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't agree with Cascadia that Bieniemy would be a bad candidate for HC but his previous posts in other threads indicate that he believes Taylor and Monken were the architects of the success their current teams have had whereas Bieniemy is simply the beneficiary of someone else's efforts.

McVay and Taylor came in and changed the culture for the Rams whereas Monken made the best of the bad Buccaneers situation to create a top offense, all while having similar weapons as the Bengals do now.

Bieniemy didn't even call the plays at KC, even though his predecessor did. And it makes you wonder why Reid did not relinquish play calling to him, but he did for Nagy.

As for why he called him Marvin Jr. I dunno. Hopefully, he means more just we'd be treading water with Bieniemy, and not their physical similarities...

Ding ding ding ding....

I have stated this before.

Funny how Hue is called Marv 2.0 but since his hated around here, then it is OK.

Say that about Eric in the same context as Hue and all of a sudden everyone notices the physical traits, that is BS.
Reply/Quote
We are familiar with Hue, we aren't with any of these potential coaches, so why doom the Bengals for the next 16 years based off a hunch.

Enjoy hope until it comes crashing down. It can with any of these candidates but none of us really know that right now so enjoy the process. Many of us may not live to see the next HC search.

Enjoy the moment. Save the negativity for when the season starts and you have something to go on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Then how is bienemy like Marvin, as Marvin turned around a struggling franchise? You lost me.

So we should have kept Marvin?

No.

I will ask you this... posters on this board have called Hue Marvin 2.0 and NOTHING about being racist.

I say the losing will continue with Eric and the time we will keep him as HC will be about the same and all of a sudden I am a racist and the ONLY similarity that YOU and others can see is that they are both black men.

Yet I am the racist?  Stop it.  
Reply/Quote

Are you his lawyer?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:02 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Keep Pollack and Van Pelt. Everyone else can go.

Yep, maybe keep Simmons if the new coach likes him. Feel like it is Beinemy or Taylor and they already said who they would like to replace and replace them with. I love it, blow this thing up except for as MR says Pollack and Van Pelt, these guys done a good job last year and don't have the culture stink.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:52 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: So we should have kept Marvin?

No.

I will ask you this... posters on this board have called Hue Marvin 2.0 and NOTHING about being racist.

I say the losing will continue with Eric and the time we will keep him as HC will be about the same and all of a sudden I am a racist and the ONLY similarity that YOU and others can see is that they are both black men.

Yet I am the racist?  Stop it.  

I actually don’t think what you said was meant to be racist. I do however believe you aren’t really a fan of this team. I firmly believe no matter who the HC that they picked was, you were going to stir the pot. I have a strong feeling you have more than one username on this site. I called you out weeks ago and my opinion hasn’t changed.

Just my two cents.

Reply/Quote
Bottom line is no one knows how any of these candidates will do. Whoever it is,  is a crapshoot that could be an AFC Championship the 1st year or 2 years of failure and a firing. We won't know until we know..... but the mere fact changes are being made gives hope.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:45 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This is like the Mormons saying "Yes, we know all this Joseph Smith golden plate stuff is bullshit, but you should see the missions we do".

Honestly, most players and coaches these days do great things in the community. What does Mikey do for the community?

I get all of that, and the organization has done things that they don't publicize, because that's not their MO.  I guess the difference here, the longevity, 16 years of it goes a long way.  We all agree it was beyond time to part ways, but that doesn't change the fact that Marvin is a good, decent man, and did a lot during his time here.  I'm not gonna rag on the guy now that he's gone, I did plenty of that while he was here. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Track record of being a wolf in sheep’s clothing will get ya.

What is this track record you speak of?

No.  Your candidate is a terrible one, just because I don't like him doesn't make me a racist.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:56 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: What is this track record you speak of?

No.  Your candidate is a terrible one, just because I don't like him doesn't make me a racist.  

Shouldn’t it be “our” candidate? You have no idea which candidate I prefer, because I honestly have no idea who will be good and who won’t. Nobody here does, including you.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I actually don’t think what you said was meant to be racist. I do however believe you aren’t really a fan of this team. I firmly believe no matter who the HC that they picked was, you were going to stir the pot. I have a strong feeling you have more than one username on this site. I called you out weeks ago and my opinion hasn’t changed.

Just my two cents.

Oh, no I only have the 1 name.

No I am a Bengals fan...  been so for a LONG time.

No I don't like Mixon.  Want him gone.  However he is on the team.  I think he is overrated and we could do the same without him. 

I get that I am a minority in that belief, especially on this board.  However I should be allowed to express that belief without being called fake or a racist.
Reply/Quote