Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-10-2019, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the way we'll find out who got released, is to wait for them to be interviewed by other teams?

or the bengals just making sure they contact them all personally before making it public.

but if we know our new HC and who he wants as his coordinators... Then we might as well get as many pieces in place for him as we can while we wait for the playoffs
Reply/Quote
I personally think Simmons is safe, given that injuries meant his ST was decimated by having his players pulled into full time positions, and ST still rated 7th in the league. Fine job of coaching the youngest players on the team.
Reply/Quote
E.B or Taylor must have let them know who they want and don't want. I have no problem with this. I'm impressed (gulp) with the FO and Ownership on how this is all being done (outside of not having a presser to send Marvin off right after 16 years of service).

Their willingness to try something new (an outside hire) and eat contracts are a nice little surprise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we are getting Taylor or Marvin Jr. then we won't announce anything until after the teams they are on are eliminated / or win the SB.

We will know more if either team is eliminated and an announcement is made (or not) as to who the pick is.

Unless of course we have picked someone else and this delay is for dramatic effect (which is stupid).

I am hoping we make the right choice between the 2 that is most hyped. The only way I would not be fully disappointed is if Taylor is the one that decided to not come here. If it turns out that we actually picked Marvin Jr. over Taylor then I would probably be resigned to more futility. Hoping for a win but NOT expecting much.

All the while watching this team get gutted and bad choices bringing us back to pre Marvin era.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:14 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: If we are getting Taylor or Marvin Jr.  then we won't announce anything until after the teams they are on are eliminated / or win the SB.

We will know more if either team is eliminated and an announcement is made (or not) as to who the pick is.

Unless of course we have picked someone else and this delay is for dramatic effect (which is stupid).

I am hoping we make the right choice between the 2 that is most hyped.  The only way I would not be fully disappointed is if Taylor is the one that decided to not come here.  If it turns out that we actually picked Marvin Jr. over Taylor then I would probably be resigned to more futility.  Hoping for a win but NOT expecting much.

All the while watching this team get gutted and bad choices bringing us back to pre Marvin era.

You're just a glass half full kind of guy, aren't you....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:14 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: If we are getting Taylor or Marvin Jr. 

Are you referring to Bienemy as "Marvin Jr.?  If so, I'd really like to know why.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the way we'll find out who got released, is to wait for them to be interviewed by other teams?

I doubt any of coaches would garner much interest from other teams.

Not the ones we release anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you referring to Bienemy as "Marvin Jr.?  If so, I'd really like to know why.  

Because troll. Simple.

Reply/Quote
He doesn't want Bieniemy because of a statistic he doesn't want to disclose.

I wonder what it could be.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you referring to Bienemy as "Marvin Jr.?  If so, I'd really like to know why.  

Because he's black. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I doubt any of coaches would garner much interest from other teams.

Not the ones we release anyway.

Good point about most of them.  I guess that I was just thinking about guys like Simmons, Lazor, Van Pelt, Burney, and Pollack might garner some quick calls from teams in transition.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It remains to be seen if Eric B will be a good HC, but I like that he corrects players when they make mistakes...and Reid Assistants generally seem to do well as HC's.

IF he can come in here and install KC's practice planning and some of their organizational culture...I'd be all for it.
Reply/Quote
I don't agree with Cascadia that Bieniemy would be a bad candidate for HC but his previous posts in other threads indicate that he believes Taylor and Monken were the architects of the success their current teams have had whereas Bieniemy is simply the beneficiary of someone else's efforts.

McVay and Taylor came in and changed the culture for the Rams whereas Monken made the best of the bad Buccaneers situation to create a top offense, all while having similar weapons as the Bengals do now.

Bieniemy didn't even call the plays at KC, even though his predecessor did. And it makes you wonder why Reid did not relinquish play calling to him, but he did for Nagy.

As for why he called him Marvin Jr. I dunno. Hopefully, he means more just we'd be treading water with Bieniemy, and not their physical similarities...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:02 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Keep Pollack and Van Pelt. Everyone else can go.

I'm with this.....although I think I'd keep Simmons as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Simmons would be a good 'assistant HC' as well as keeping the special teams title.

Falcons just announced on their assistant coaches will also be in charge of replays and time management. Clearly they recognize how important these functions are.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: E.B or Taylor must have let them know who they want and don't want. I have no problem with this. I'm impressed (gulp) with the FO and Ownership on how this is all being done (outside of not having a presser to send Marvin off right after 16 years of service).

Their willingness to try something new (an outside hire) and eat contracts are a nice little surprise.

You know, lost in all of the hoopla, is what I have bolded.  I absolutely agree.  For all of his faults as a HC, he did deliver us from the abyss, and did some REALLY outstanding things in the community.  There should have been a proper sendoff, playoff wins or not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Because troll. Simple.

(01-10-2019, 02:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because he's black. Whatever

Yes, that's what it's beginning to look like.  I don't need to remind long time, outstanding board personalities like yourselves that we just don't roll that way around here..

But, for the newer members who may have simply glossed over the Code of Conduct?  Now might be a good time to go read up, before anything gets out of hand..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:14 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: If we are getting Taylor or Marvin Jr.  then we won't announce anything until after the teams they are on are eliminated / or win the SB.

I am hoping we make the right choice between the 2 that is most hyped.  The only way I would not be fully disappointed is if Taylor is the one that decided to not come here.  If it turns out that we actually picked Marvin Jr. over Taylor then I would probably be resigned to more futility.  Hoping for a win but NOT expecting much.

Eric Beiniemy has the best resume of the two, while both he and Taylor didnt do well as OC in the college ranks, Beiniemy has been in Kansas City learning from Andy Reid for the last 7 years. Zac Taylor has only been in LA for two...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote