Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-10-2019, 02:36 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No I am genuinely excited at the prospect of a new coach.

However I do know that Bienemy will NOT be a change. 

Others might think he is, but he isn't and I am calling it now. 

Taylor would be a change.  Someone that has actually helped build a struggling franchise and turn it around.

Bienemy has NOT done that.

I do like Taylor a touch more than Beinemy cause of the things you mention, i just like how Eric B is creative and likes to stay ahead of the game. He is aggressive from all i have seen and is also a great communicator like Taylor according to players he has coached before.

I disagree with you on him being just like Marv, they are nothing alike. Wrong side of the ball as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:52 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: So we should have kept Marvin?

No.

I will ask you this... posters on this board have called Hue Marvin 2.0 and NOTHING about being racist.

I say the losing will continue with Eric and the time we will keep him as HC will be about the same and all of a sudden I am a racist and the ONLY similarity that YOU and others can see is that they are both black men.

Yet I am the racist?  Stop it.  

What are the similarities that you see in Bienemy and Lewis?  They originate from different parts of the country, they played on opposite sides of the ball, they were even mentored by coaches of different philosophies.  Yet, you're willing to whole heartedly predict that Bienemy will just be more of the same as Lewis, therefore he must be dubbed Marvin Jr.?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get all of that, and the organization has done things that they don't publicize, because that's not their MO.  I guess the difference here, the longevity, 16 years of it goes a long way.  We all agree it was beyond time to part ways, but that doesn't change the fact that Marvin is a good, decent man, and did a lot during his time here.  I'm not gonna rag on the guy now that he's gone, I did plenty of that while he was here. :andy:

I doubt any of us know if he is a good, decent man. Belichick seems like a prick but I would take him over good man Merv any day. Nice guys finish last in pro sports. From all his press conferences, Merv seems like an arrogant a-hole to me, but unlike Belichick, he can't back it up with winning. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are you his lawyer?

Nah. I just saw his post and was curious so I checked his previous posts. Bieniemy is a very interesting option for us. I know the pros that he brings, but saw this as an opportunity to explore the cons through the eyes of a person who doesn't want him as our coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Shouldn’t it be “our” candidate? You have no idea which candidate I prefer, because I honestly have no idea who will be god and who won’t. Nobody here does, including you.

No, not OUR candidate.

I mean YOURs if you want Eric.

If you want Taylor then that would be OURs.

As to who will be good or not.  That is what everyone can say about anyone.  For all we know Hue would be a GOOD candidate and selection since we really don't KNOW if he would be good with this team, we just say he can't because of his track record.  However we don't know if he will continue losing, since some coaches and even players do better on other teams than they do in other places.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:59 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Oh, no I only have the 1 name.

No I am a Bengals fan...  been so for a LONG time.

No I don't like Mixon.  Want him gone.  However he is on the team.  I think he is overrated and we could do the same without him. 

I get that I am a minority in that belief, especially on this board.  However I should be allowed to express that belief without being called fake or a racist.

like christian mccafrey?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:52 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: So we should have kept Marvin?

No.

I will ask you this... posters on this board have called Hue Marvin 2.0 and NOTHING about being racist.

I say the losing will continue with Eric and the time we will keep him as HC will be about the same and all of a sudden I am a racist and the ONLY similarity that YOU and others can see is that they are both black men.

Yet I am the racist?  Stop it.  

I do not want this to go down the wrong road, but the idea thta you're racist does NOT come from you calling Bieneimy "Marvin Jr." It's from a now-deleted post in which you insinuated something negative about coaches of a certain race.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:45 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This is like the Mormons saying "Yes, we know all this Joseph Smith golden plate stuff is bullshit, but you should see the missions we do".

Honestly, most players and coaches these days do great things in the community. What does Mikey do for the community?

Mike's won awards for his charitable contributions.  He just doesn't like to toot his own horn about it.  In addition to the charity donations, he's done things like paying for Chris Henry's funeral and helping Greg Cook when he fell on hard financial times.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:03 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: As to who will be good or not.  That is what everyone can say about anyone.  For all we know Hue would be a GOOD candidate and selection since we really don't KNOW if he would be good with this team, we just say he can't because of his track record.  However we don't know if he will continue losing, since some coaches and even players do better on other teams than they do in other places.

So proclaiming Bienemy to be “Marvin Jr” kinda seems like you’re contradicting yourself.

To me, it seems you just made our point. Thank you.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:59 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Oh, no I only have the 1 name.

No I am a Bengals fan...  been so for a LONG time.

No I don't like Mixon.  Want him gone.  However he is on the team.  I think he is overrated and we could do the same without him. 

I get that I am a minority in that belief, especially on this board.  However I should be allowed to express that belief without being called fake or a racist.

This right here relieves you of all credibility.  Hard to take anybody seriously who says that.  Why are you in the minority?  Because you're dead ***** wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Quick question does the head coach have a say so in the strength and conditioning coaches? The team looked out of shape and slow this year the coaches should be replaced as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are the similarities that you see in Bienemy and Lewis?  They originate from different parts of the country, they played on opposite sides of the ball, they were even mentored by coaches of different philosophies.  Yet, you're willing to whole heartedly predict that Bienemy will just be more of the same as Lewis, therefore he must be dubbed Marvin Jr.?

Why is Hue similar to Lewis?  Hue Jackson checks off MOST of those questions and you allow many on this board to call Hue Jackson Marvin 2.0.

Now to actually answer your question.

Lewis had all of the excitement thrown at him for his stint in Baltimore.... Bienemy does too.

Many pointed out the talent that Lewis had in Baltimore.... Bienemy has talent around him too.

I see us losing many games with Bienemy and not going to the postseason... if we DID make the postseason we lose 1 and done.... Just like Lewis

I see Bienemy getting many years and extensions and staying the HC for a long time past when we should have fired him.... Just like Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:01 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I doubt any of us know if he is a good, decent man. Belichick seems like a prick but I would take him over good man Merv any day. Nice guys finish last in pro sports. From all his press conferences, Merv seems like an arrogant a-hole to me, but unlike Belichick, he can't back it up with winning. 

So would I, and I am admittedly just going off of what I have read about Marvin.  After watching Bill Belichick's special on NFL Network, he doesn't seem like a prick at all, just a no nonsense kind of guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:10 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Why is Hue similar to Lewis?  Hue Jackson checks off MOST of those questions and you allow many on this board to call Hue Jackson Marvin 2.0.

Lewis had all of the excitement thrown at him for his stint in Baltimore.... Bienemy does too.

Many pointed out the talent that Lewis had in Baltimore.... Bienemy has talent around him too.

I see us losing many games with Bienemy and not going to the postseason... if we DID make the postseason we lose 1 and done.... Just like Lewis

I see Bienemy getting many years and extensions and staying the HC for a long time past when we should have fired him.... Just like Lewis.

And none of this is based on anything but some gut feeling you must be having which might just be gas.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:10 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Why is Hue similar to Lewis?  Hue Jackson checks off MOST of those questions and you allow many on this board to call Hue Jackson Marvin 2.0.

but, you could say the exact same thing about Taylor and Monken, there is only one major difference
Reply/Quote

Your logic in writing him off so quickly is bananas.

Reply/Quote
I'm not getting into this whole thing, other than to say Hue is called Marvin 2.0 because he has coached with Marvin so much, and is much the same guy and they think the same..... which is why Marvin brought him in to "help" him this year....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: This right here relieves you of all credibility.  Hard to take anybody seriously who says that.  Why are you in the minority?  Because you're dead ***** wrong.

That isn't how it works...

Being the minority on a topic doesn't make a person right OR wrong.  I just have a different perspective of what I am looking for out of RBs.

Look at Bennard.  He runs hard and isn't afraid to get hit.  It is a shame he isn't bigger.

Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: That isn't how it works...

Being the minority on a topic doesn't make a person right OR wrong.  I just have a different perspective of what I am looking for out of RBs.

Look at Bennard.  He runs hard and isn't afraid to get hit.  It is a shame he isn't bigger.

Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.

Yeah but you’re wrong though. So there’s that.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Mixon is bigger, but he doesn't run hard and looks timid and scared to take a hit.  Of course many on here HATE when someone says something negative about their "fav" player, so I get my credibility attacked.

Which Mixon are you watching, because Joe Mixon lights it up while suffering with a horrid o line to block for him. He led the conference even though he missed games..for crying out loud
Reply/Quote