Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-11-2019, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: I'm all for bringing the brother in too.  He is also a rising star.

I feel like we have to do it.

I'm not for keeping Lazor though. I'd be cool with retaining Van Pelt and possibly Pollack on offense. They're fairly new to Cincy and aren't going to really infect the culture.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown just announced: I believe in second chances...and third, forth, fifth, sixth, seventh....fifteenth and sixteenth chances.. In keeping with our theme we're proud to announce that every dismal failure we've ever endured will be retained and fully expect our legions of loyal fans to embrace our last place mentality! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think EB might not be ready, but would be a good OC
Taylor seems to have been born to coach.
Waldron would be a good OC as well, but not ready for HC.

I consider all 3 upgrades with Taylor being the fastest to get in here and hit the ground running.

I agree with your thoughts on this Mike, i think this is why we prefer Taylor. A great communicator and motivator is what we need who can organize the team and keep them disciplined. I don't know about the discipline factor with Taylor though.

(01-11-2019, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: I'm all for bringing the brother in too.  He is also a rising star.

Press done a great job with Wentz and Foles. It would be a promotion for Press too so the Eagles would have no say unless they made him their OC which i doubt would happen with Pederson calling the plays.

(01-11-2019, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The truth is, it's going to take some time to see if they are upgrades.

I think Taylor has the highest ceiling. He's also probably the riskiest. Now, if you put a great staff around him...that risk is mitigated some.

If you put Lazor as the OC, then that risk still exists.

Yeah, it will take time for sure. This is why i like the move to go after Taylor the best, it is risky but that is what we have needed around here, to take a gamble from time to time. That is what the Championship teams do, this would go a long way in changing the culture.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with your thoughts on this Mike, i think this is why we prefer Taylor. A great communicator and motivator is what we need who can organize the team and keep them disciplined. I don't know about the discipline factor with Taylor though.

Press done a great job with Wentz and Foles. It would be a promotion for Press too so the Eagles would have no say unless they made him their OC which i doubt would happen with Pederson calling the plays.

Yeah, it will take time for sure. This is why i like the move to go after Taylor the best, it is risky but that is what we have needed around here, to take a gamble from time to time. That is what the Championship teams do, this would go a long way in changing the culture.

I saw a tweet yesterday that says with management the way it is here, we either need to hit the lottery on a QB or a Head Coach to win.

This move is buying a lottery ticket.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Sorry it took me a minute to respond.  I was occupied momentarily doing my happy dance.  Update--wife still convinced of my craziness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

cue the "it's happening" meme!
Reply/Quote
Great!!!

I mean Lazor may have been a good QB coach which is what he was until Bratkowski washed out...but he's not a good OC.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Wanna see Pollack for another year with better clay to mold.  I'm okay either way on Simmons.  if I'm betting, I'd say he stays.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Simmons has been here for 16 years. I think he does a fine job...

I could go either way though. Sometimes you need a fresh break.

I don't know that a special teams coach could really infect culture.
Reply/Quote

ohhhhhhhhhhh ya theres what I've been looking for today!!!  YAY BABY!!
Reply/Quote
This really makes me feel like that they really want to WIN!! We needed some changes here and we needed ALOT of them, damn now i can't wait for FA and the draft to see how badly they really wanna win!!
Reply/Quote

Is it officially a "house cleaning" yet?  Because it certainly looks to me like the Bengals are cleaning house, in preparation for the new Chief to bring in whomever he wants!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

YESSSSS!!!!

There we go baby. Had to move on, this is what we needed to hear today.

Keep Pollack and Van Pelt, but we will see if Van Pelt fits in with what Taylor wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it officially a "house cleaning" yet?  Because it certainly looks to me like the Bengals are cleaning house, in preparation for the new Chief to bring in whomever he wants!

Hue, Lazor, and Haslett are 3 coaches I really wanted gone.
Reply/Quote
Well, this is all very exciting.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Hue gets to walk the plank, Simmons and Pollack to be retained?

It just keeps getting better and better!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Come on man.....give us that Hue update!!!!!!! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote