Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(03-08-2020, 01:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't know if that is a true statement.

I think there was a combination of limitation of situational playing time to insure he stayed healthy, as well as general under-utlization.

Despite only playing 45% of our offensive snaps, he was 5th in receiving yards; 3rd in catches; and 5th in catch %.  For the record, those with better catch percentages were (in order) Dalton, Sample, Mixon, and Bernard.  Where the thought that he has somehow regressed comes from the lack of TDs compared to his best seasons, but there was a staggering number of times he was not on the field in the red zone and goal line situations.  You would think that with a red zone TD rate of below 44% you would have one of your best receivers on the field in the red zone.  That was where he made his name and money in 2015.

Eifert is just not as fluid in his route running as he used to be. He is solid but he is nothing like his 2015 self that was the best
TE in all of football in my opinion and the best route runner of all time for a TE. This is not dogging on him last year, this is just 
saying HOW good Eifert was in 2015 and before the injuries piled up.

(03-08-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 13 TEs had more receptions than Eifert last year.

Only 18 NFL TEs had 40+ receptions and among those Eifert was 9th in catch percentage and 12th in yards per target.

He may not be what he was in 2015, but he is still a pretty solid receiving TE.

Mediocrity eh, I know you love that stuff.

Still for keeping Eifert around, great man, solid TE, but I want a Gronk, Kelce, Kittle TE here.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mediocrity eh, I know you love that stuff.

It is not that I love mediocrity.  It is that I don't love to complain as much as you.

Anyone who demands an All-Pro at every position is just setting up an IMPOSSIBLE stadard so they can be guaranteed a lot to whine and cry about.  No team in the history of the league has had an All-Pro at every position.  The only reason to live in that make-believe land is to have a reason to complain.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not that I love mediocrity.  It is that I don't love to complain as much as you.

Anyone who demands an All-Pro at every position is just setting up an IMPOSSIBLE stadard so they can be guaranteed a lot to whine and cry about.  No team in the history of the league has had an All-Pro at every position.  The only reason to live in that make-believe land is to have a reason to complain.

No, it is striving for excellence. Sure you are never going to be the best at every position but striving to be makes you better.

Accepting that you are okay is simply not good enough.
Reply/Quote
Take this with a grain of salt. There is a lot of chatter among Bears fans on twitter that the Bengals have granted the Bears permission to talk to Dalton and his agents. If true, it could mean the Bears are offering close to what the Bengals will accept.

Timing wise, it makes sense for the Bears to push for a trade to happen before Tom Brady makes his decision.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, it is striving for excellence. Sure you are never going to be the best at every position but striving to be makes you better.

It is when that position isn’t a key part of the scheme. I don’t think TE is essential in Zac’s offense.
Reply/Quote
Similar to what I just said about Gio in another thread, our Tight End situation and specifically Eifert, is odd.

They decide to pay (overpay) Uzomeh. They draft Sample in the 2nd. Eifert is brought back. Uzomeh's usage and numbers immediately go down. Sample, even when healthy, barely sees the field. Eifert sees the bulk of targets.

Why pay Uzomeh, draft a Tight End relatively high, then proceed to barely use them?

I think it's either time to move on from Eifert or it's time to cut Uzomeh. It makes no sense to pay a Tight End 6 mil per to get you 242 yards. It makes no sense to draft a guy in the 2nd and bury him in the depth chart.

Oh, and Fred's stats are, surprise, cherry picked to paint a better picture of Eifert. He wasn't anything special at all.

He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time. His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  Sure you are never going to be the best at every position but striving to be makes you better.

Turning over 90% of the roster every year would hurt the team more than help.

It is ridiculous to set a goal that is impossible to reach.  You just end up running in circles and wasting resources for nothing.

But is sure makes it easier to whine and complain.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 09:22 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Take this with a grain of salt. There is a lot of chatter among Bears fans on twitter that the Bengals have granted the Bears permission to talk to Dalton and his agents. If true, it could mean the Bears are offering close to what the Bengals will accept.

Timing wise, it makes sense for the Bears to push for a trade to happen before Tom Brady makes his decision.

Well like the Colts, the Bears have two 2nd round picks. Both these teams have leverage over the Pats who don't have a 
2nd round pick.

(03-09-2020, 11:11 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: It is when that position isn’t a key part of the scheme. I don’t think TE is essential in Zac’s offense.

Which is stupid in today's NFL.

The two teams who were in the Super Bowl use the TE significantly.

One of the reason Lamar Jackson had such a great year was his use of his TE's.

(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Similar to what I just said about Gio in another thread, our Tight End situation and specifically Eifert, is odd.

They decide to pay (overpay) Uzomeh. They draft Sample in the 2nd. Eifert is brought back.  Uzomeh's usage and numbers immediately go down. Sample, even when healthy, barely sees the field.  Eifert sees the bulk of targets.

Why pay Uzomeh, draft a Tight End relatively high, then proceed to barely use them?  

I think it's either time to move on from Eifert or it's time to cut Uzomeh. It makes no sense to pay a Tight End 6 mil per to get you 242 yards. It makes no sense to draft a guy in the 2nd and bury him in the depth chart.

Oh, and Fred's stats are, surprise, cherry picked to paint a better picture of Eifert. He wasn't anything special at all.

He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time.  His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.

Agreed, wouldn't be hard to upgrade. It is perplexing to invest this much in the TE position and not use them.

Same with Gio.

(03-09-2020, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Turning over 90% of the roster every year would hurt the team more than help.

It is ridiculous to set a goal that is impossible to reach.  You just end up running in circles and wasting resources for nothing.

But is sure makes it easier to whine and complain.

Where did I say to turn over 90% of the roster? I was just saying you like mediocrity evidently the way you talk up mediocre
players. We can either grab a Free Agent TE or draft one and upgrade no problem, that is, if we use said TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Similar to what I just said about Gio in another thread, our Tight End situation and specifically Eifert, is odd.

They decide to pay (overpay) Uzomeh. They draft Sample in the 2nd. Eifert is brought back.  Uzomeh's usage and numbers immediately go down. Sample, even when healthy, barely sees the field.  Eifert sees the bulk of targets.

He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time.  His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.

Wouldn't it be funny if the let go of Eifert and draft Kmet (supposed #1 TE prospect from ND for those that don't know) at #33 in the draft??? I think we'd all be scratching our heads on that one.....
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/3/8/21169909/patriots-news-bill-belichick-andy-dalton-nfl-trade-rumors-bengals-pats
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where did I say to turn over 90% of the roster? I was just saying you like mediocrity evidently the way you talk up mediocre
players. We can either grab a Free Agent TE or draft one and upgrade no problem, that is, if we use said TE.

If you want elite players at every position then what percent of our current roster do you consider "elite"?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, and Fred's stats are, surprise, cherry picked to paint a better picture of Eifert. He wasn't anything special at all.

He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time.

But Eifert played less than half of the snaps for the Bengals.  Many of the guys below him played much more.

(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. 

His YPC was in the top half of all TEs who had a reception.  So not among the worst at his position.

(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.

I have no idea what this means unless you are saying there are only 32 TEs in the NFL.  According to ProFootballReference.com there are over 100 NFL TEs who caught fewer TDs than Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tannehill asking for $30 million a year.  Interesting to see what happens in Tennessee.

is dak is gonna get that much tannehill should probly get the same
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is dak is gonna get that much tannehill should probly get the same

You can’t be serious...

Dak is a borderline top 5 QB. Even after a nice season, nobody would ever say that about Tannehill.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 11:35 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was 20th in yards and a number of the guys below him missed time. His YPC was a career low, and among the worst at the position. His 3 TD's is tied with spots 19-32, also known as dead last.

lol

You ARE aware that there are more than 32 TEs in the league, right?

LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, it is striving for excellence. Sure you are never going to be the best at every position but striving to be makes you better.

I'm confused you say its striving for excellence then you write never going to be the best at every position????  so do you want to be excellent at TE? If so where do you not want be excellent 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 05:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dak is a borderline top 5 QB. Even after a nice season, nobody would ever say that about Tannehill.

Neither one of them have done shit without the league's leading rusher in the same backfield.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which is stupid in today's NFL.

The two teams who were in the Super Bowl use the TE significantly.

One of the reason Lamar Jackson had such a great year was his use of his TE's.

If you are running a 3 WR offense, having great WRs is more important.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 06:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither one of them have done shit without the league's leading rusher in the same backfield.

So now QB’s can only get credit when they have no star players around them? Having a good QB helps the RB, and vice versa.

Doesn’t take away from Dak throwing for 4900 yds and 30 TD. It’s just called having a balanced offense.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 07:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So now QB’s can only get credit when they have no star players around them? Having a good QB helps the RB, and vice versa. 

Really?  

Why did the Dolphins not have any great RBs the six years Tannehill was their starter?

Why did Prescott stink (76.6 rating) the 6 games Zeke missed in '17?
Reply/Quote