Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
Saw one of the talking heads on ESPN saying that if Dalton doesn't go to NE, the next best landing spot would be Tampa...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tannehill asking for $30 million a year. Interesting to see what happens in Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tannehill asking for $30 million a year. Interesting to see what happens in Tennessee.

Vrabel can probably get his old buddy Brady for less than that...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 07:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vrabel can probably get his old buddy Brady for less than that...

If Brady wants to prove he can win without BB this would probably be his best option.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 06:28 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Saw one of the talking heads on ESPN saying that if Dalton doesn't go to NE, the next best landing spot would be Tampa...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I personally think the Bucs are the best place for him. Arians isn't a slouch, and they have really good weapons in the passing game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 08:44 PM)jason Wrote: I personally think the Bucs are the best place for him. Arians isn't a slouch, and they have really good weapons in the passing game.

He’d be an instant upgrade over the turnover machine, that’s for sure.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 08:44 PM)jason Wrote: I personally think the Bucs are the best place for him. Arians isn't a slouch, and they have really good weapons in the passing game.

The Colts I find as the best landing spot for Dalton and everyone around here.

Just nice for us cause Tampa is in the NFC is the only thing that pushes the radar Tampa's way.

The Colts have a good line, decent weapons and a decent Defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d be an instant upgrade over the turnover machine, that’s for sure.

I know they're rare as hell, but I'd be all for trading him for OJ Howard. Arians doesn't utilize him... Like at all.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:22 PM)jason Wrote: I know they're rare as hell, but I'd be all for trading him for OJ Howard. Arians doesn't utilize him... Like at all.

Love this thought, like big time. Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:22 PM)jason Wrote: I know they're rare as hell, but I'd be all for trading him for OJ Howard. Arians doesn't utilize him... Like at all.

Unfortunately Taylor seems to underuse TE’s as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately Taylor seems to underuse TE’s as well.

This needs to change, along with using the RB's more in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately Taylor seems to underuse TE’s as well.

Yeah... That Cardinals game was bad. Literally every TE they faced before that week torched them. We didn't target one til the 3rd quarter or something. Then in the London game, I think it was, Eifert got a ton of targets outta the blue.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:10 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... That Cardinals game was bad. Literally every TE they faced before that week torched them. We didn't target one til the 3rd quarter or something. Then in the London game, I think it was, Eifert got a ton of targets outta the blue.

Man, this stuff is frustrating to me. 

The Cards were the worst team at defending TE's and we don't even target them till the 3rd?!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately Taylor seems to underuse TE’s as well.

So he overdrafts TEs and subsequently under uses them simultaneously?

Maybe our TEs just stink
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:35 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: So he overdrafts TEs and subsequently under uses them simultaneously?

Maybe our TEs just stink

Hard to say when they aren't even targeted much.

Eifert is a shadow of his 2015 self though with his back injuries. Uzi flashes, Sample is young.

I think getting a playmaking TE would do this team good.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:35 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: So he overdrafts TEs and subsequently under uses them simultaneously?

Maybe our TEs just stink

Hmm, I stick with under utilizes them.  If you paid any attention to the Rams offense in 2018, you'd know that TEs weren't a major player in that offensive scheme.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I stick with under utilizes them.  If you paid any attention to the Rams offense in 2018, you'd know that TEs weren't a major player in that offensive scheme.

Yeah... I think it was Higbee that exploded late last year when Goff decided he couldn't throw down field anymore too. It could've been Everett though... I'm getting old.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I think it was Higbee that exploded late last year when Goff decided he couldn't throw down field anymore too. It could've been Everett though... I'm getting old.

I really like Tyler Higbee, when his time is due, I wish the Bengals would bring him in and actually use him to his potential.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 12:15 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to say when they aren't even targeted much.

Eifert is a shadow of his 2015 self though with his back injuries. Uzi flashes, Sample is young.

I think getting a playmaking TE would do this team good.

I don't know if that is a true statement.

I think there was a combination of limitation of situational playing time to insure he stayed healthy, as well as general under-utlization.

Despite only playing 45% of our offensive snaps, he was 5th in receiving yards; 3rd in catches; and 5th in catch %.  For the record, those with better catch percentages were (in order) Dalton, Sample, Mixon, and Bernard.  Where the thought that he has somehow regressed comes from the lack of TDs compared to his best seasons, but there was a staggering number of times he was not on the field in the red zone and goal line situations.  You would think that with a red zone TD rate of below 44% you would have one of your best receivers on the field in the red zone.  That was where he made his name and money in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 01:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Despite only playing 45% of our offensive snaps, he was 5th in receiving yards; 3rd in catches;

Only 13 TEs had more receptions than Eifert last year.

Only 18 NFL TEs had 40+ receptions and among those Eifert was 9th in catch percentage and 12th in yards per target.

He may not be what he was in 2015, but he is still a pretty solid receiving TE.
Reply/Quote