Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-26-2021, 08:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t go if’s and maybes. Right now Jonah Williams is penciled in as the starting LT.

If they draft Sewell he’s either playing G for a year, or RT (with Reiff kicking inside). About 3 members of the coaching staff/FO have now made it clear they don’t want to move Jonah.

Not an if or a maybe. 3 injuries and 22 missed games in 2 years. Relying on him to stay healthy is a fool's bet.

I think he is talented enough to be a good starter (I am not sure I see a high ceiling on him, though) so long as he can stay healthy. That said, he is on pace to make Tyler Eifert look durable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This proves Burrow is not a very smart guy. Burrow loves Zac and thinks an old WR buddy is a better idea than having protection after getting his knee shredded in the NFL. You know what, get him Chase and draft another QB because Burrow will be another Luck before he knows it.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This proves Burrow is not a very smart guy. Burrow loves Zac and thinks an old WR buddy is a better idea than having protection after getting his knee shredded in the NFL. You know what, get him Chase and draft another QB because Burrow will be another Luck before he knows it.

Or maybe Joe realizes the entire future of the OL does not hinge on a single draft pick...

I swear, this OL at 5 or bust mentality has gotten out of hand here. There will be plenty of good players available on day 2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or maybe Joe realizes the entire future of the OL does not hinge on a single draft pick...

I swear, this OL at 5 or bust mentality has gotten out of hand here. There will be plenty of good players available on day 2.

Just imagine if they actually pick Sewell and Burrow still gets hurt regardless.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or maybe Joe realizes the entire future of the OL does not hinge on a single draft pick...

I'm just glad QBs don't make draft decisions.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just imagine if they actually pick Sewell and Burrow still gets hurt regardless.

I imagine them getting Chase and feel like we still have AJ from last season WITH Burrow out with another injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just imagine if they actually pick Sewell and Burrow still gets hurt regardless.

We’d still have a pretty mediocre IOL. Especially if Hopkins isn’t ready to start the season. Even if Reiff kicks inside we could potentially have Spain playing next to Price...

Not ideal.

Reply/Quote

The idea that a singular O lineman makes this major difference is kind of funny. What's even funnier is Burrow got hurt on a hit from a guard position that this pick wouldn't even address. In reality, the idea that Burrow's career is in jeopardy with the line is an overblown concept that has caught steam and is now running away. The line as it's currently constructed, minus Reiff, was solid at keeping out QB upright at the end of the season. We were shuffling in random guards all year because of injury but XSF and Spain if needed will be fine and Reiff with be an improvement.

Are they elite? No, but you don't need an elite line to find success you need a serviceable line. Now people will confuse me saying that with some sort of belief we don't need line help, of course we do. The reality is you can always make your line better and that improvement will reap benefits, however, that's not what I am arguing. People are screaming for O line because they think without it Burrow is done for and that just isn't reality. If we had to roll with the line right now we would be okay, but we need to add guys who can help into the future and that's why I don't think the team takes OL at 5 but rather gets a weapon or trades back for more help. As bad as people think the O line is, we are an injury to Higgins or Boyd away from being the Eagles last year where your guys can't uncover forcing your QB to hold the ball...and take more hits.

The other thing people don't talk about enough is that Burrow caused a large portion of the hits he took last year on his own. He held the ball too long at times and he misidentified pressure at others and that should improve with another year in the league. Burrow can help himself out by better identifying potential pressure and knowing when to throw a ball away.
Reply/Quote
Joe hasnt done enough to make demands yet. bengals FO should do what they think is best.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 07:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jonah is unreliable and will get hurt again. If Sewell is there at 5, he will (or at least should) start Day 1.

Sewell isn’t ready to start LT day 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Joe hasnt done enough to make demands yet. bengals FO should do what they think is best.

Given their track record with 1st round picks I’d almost rather Burrow made the decision...

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I believe that he's "pushing" for them to do this, considering it's entirely out of his and the team's hands. The only way they'd be sure to grab Chase is if they traded up to #2. Otherwise, seems silly to "push" for someone when there are three other teams picking ahead of you that could just as easily take your guy.

I suspect it's more along the lines of "If he's there, I'd love to have him."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:55 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sewell isn’t ready to start LT day 1.

Right.

A raw really young LT could get Burrow killed as easy as a sucky vet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:55 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sewell isn’t ready to start LT day 1.

Impossible to say. He hasn’t played in forever, but I guarantee he hasn’t been home sitting on the couch either. I would hope he’s been working out with a Willie Anderson type OL guru.

Reply/Quote
Burrow to Chase would be beautiful. I don't follow the pre-draft info past the top picks, is there an OL worthy of taking high in the second round?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Impossible to say. He hasn’t played in forever, but I guarantee he hasn’t been home sitting on the couch either. I would hope he’s been working out with a Willie Anderson type OL guru.

Not assuming anything except what he has most recently done in football. He should improve but IDK if the ducks had there pro day or even if he participated in it.

He isn’t ready until he shows improvement
Reply/Quote
I don't buy it, the only thing Burrow is pushing is stool.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow to Chase would be beautiful. I don't follow the pre-draft info past the top picks, is there an OL worthy of taking high in the second round?

Plenty of them.

Reply/Quote
Bengals are already getting failing grades and slammed across the NFL community for this free agency. Passing up on a Tackle for a shiny toy at 5 will likely break the net with giggles of Bengals incompetence. That 2nd round steal (tackle) people are hoping for will not get past KC, PIT, Baltimore etc. The run on tackles to end the 1st round and start of the second will likely leave us stuck with no option or a reach. Not worth the gamble given the poor Free Agency.

Sorry Burrow, why draft Chase for Brandon Allen's benefit?

If he wanted this, he should have been pushing for them to fix the IOL during FA, instead of signing 6 db's.

Just bad business to continue to ignore the line and hope for a prospect to get past those top teams needing oline help at the end of round 1.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You got any links to these failing grades? The few grades I’ve seen thus far are b and c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote