Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-04-2023, 03:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao what? I’m not even being a dick. You left Claypool out of the discussion when talking about good receivers who Pittsburgh has drafted. You threw in Sanu for the bengals when Claypool is a better receiver.

I’m just saying. No need to leave the conversation

So, add in Claypool and the slight edge that i gave Pitt doesn't increase too much. Jordan Shipley had 52/600/3 his rookie year in '10 before being injured in game 2 of '11. He could easily be put in the James Washington category if not for being hurt. Tough decisions have to be made and i added and omitted who i did based on my own opinion. There was no bias or narrative included.

It remains to be seen if Claypool can be good without Ben. Sanu has proven to be a solid WR over a 10 year career.

One difference that stands out is Pitt doesn't draft WRs in the first round. Their sweet spot is the 2nd and 3rd round with Antonio Brown being an outlier in rd 6. The Bengals have 2 top WRs in rd 1 in Green and Chase but they do have a history of hitting in rd 2 with guys like Boyd, Higgins, Chad, Darnay, Pickens and Collinsworth. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well that’s all I was saying to rfaulk before he got offended for whatever strange reason

Steelers now have the 32nd or 33rd overall pick because of that trade with chicago

Great trade. They didn’t need Claypool with Pickens and Friermuth breaking out, and them being a run first team with a young Kenny pickett

I'm not the type of person to be offended. If i call you a dick, it's because i think you're being a dick. I do it in real life too but people don't offend me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not the type of person to be offended. If i call you a dick, it's because i think you're being a dick. I do it in real life too but people don't offend me. 

So I’m a dick because I said you leaving Claypool off the list helps fit your narrative...

Talk about an overreaction on your end.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So I’m a dick because I said you leaving Claypool off the list helps fit your narrative...

Talk about an overreaction on your end.

When you could have said, "Claypool should be on that list because...". 

When you say someone has a narrative, you're saying they are being dishonest. I wasn't being dishonest. 

It's not the worst thing in the world to be called a dick. Sometimes you should just accept it and move on. 

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When you could have said, "Claypool should be on that list because...". 

When you say someone has a narrative, you're saying they are being dishonest. I wasn't being dishonest. 

It's not the worst thing in the world to be called a dick. Sometimes you should just accept it and move on. 

The proof is in the thread. You completely overreacted
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The proof is in the thread. You completely overreacted

So...you claimed i had a narrative and i said you went "dickmode". But i overreacted.

lol. Ok.

If you want to comment on what i posted most recently about football, cool. I'm not going to continue using up space with this conversation. 

[Image: e2b1afe7-e515-42a8-9791-7706570553fa_text.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:20 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I recon but if the Steelers believed in him he wouldn't have been traded.  He's definitely better than Sanu I will agree with that. 

I obviously don't follow this guys career what do people consider him a #1, #2, or #3?  I think he objectivelly falls super short of #1 and you can make a case for #2

You better ask him. He thinks he's a top 3 WR in this league.

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-chase-claypool-i-know-i-m-a-top-three-receiver-in-nfl

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You better ask him. He thinks he's a top 3 WR in this league.

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-chase-claypool-i-know-i-m-a-top-three-receiver-in-nfl

“Losing? Never heard of her”

Proceeds to get traded to a 3 win team.

LOL LOL LOL

Reply/Quote
We should not be looking to trade Tee, if anything, let him play out his contract, then get Chase extension done, and see what's left for Tee, worst case Franchise him for one year. We need to get that SB win asap with our O talent in place. We will be losing D talent.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The trade off would be a noticeably better o-line and run game

Plus they’d replace Tee with multiple guys like kc did with Tyreek

I understand but we seem to whiff an awful lot on Oline players in the draft. I just prefer to keep the sure thing regardless the position.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 05:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We should not be looking to trade Tee, if anything, let him play out his contract, then get Chase extension done, and see what's left for Tee, worst case Franchise him for one year. We need to get that SB win asap with our O talent in place. We will be losing D talent.

I doubt Tee would play on the tag. If you tag its expecting to trade.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 05:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We should not be looking to trade Tee, if anything, let him play out his contract, then get Chase extension done, and see what's left for Tee, worst case Franchise him for one year. We need to get that SB win asap with our O talent in place. We will be losing D talent.

Chase might cost $30 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I doubt Tee would play on the tag. If you tag its expecting to trade.

He most certainly would play on it. Doesn't mean he will like being tagged, but he's in no position to not play. He'd lose a year and we'd be right back in the same position the next year. 

Bell is the only player that has sat out when tagged. Tee's agent could threaten that he would sit, but good luck playing chicken with Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 07:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chase might cost $30 million a year.

Don't know til it happens.
Having Tee still apart of the team at that time gives us some leverage.
Reply/Quote
Some of us saw this coming when we drafted Chase. It doesn't by any stretch mean we made the wrong move, but keeping 3 WRs of that caliber with a QB like Burrow was never going to work.

Now the good news is that he is very tradeable, and we should get good value. Maybe we can trade Tee for Penei Sewell. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:44 AM)TheFan Wrote: Without drawing doubles or the best corners most of the game. Again, I think Tee is good and can have good games but he's not a top tier #1 to me. 

You realize that there were 4 games this season were Higgins was the #1 without a doubt cause Chase was out.

The first game was the Browns and the entire team got bullied.

After that, this is what Higgins did against Carolina, Pitt and Tenn.

7 - 60

9 - 148

7 - 114

That happened while being the top target, getting the best CB from the other team. So your point is completely invalid. Higgins is absolutely a #1 WR in the NFL and would be so on more than half the league. He's going to get paid as such and deserves to be, I don't really see a way the team keeps Burrow and Tee and Chase without having a paper thin defense. Someone's gotta go, and because of the relationship from college, Tee is going to be the odd man out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 08:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You realize that there were 4 games this season were Higgins was the #1 without a doubt cause Chase was out.

7 - 60

9 - 148

7 - 114

That happened while being the top target, getting the best CB from the other team. So your point is completely invalid. Higgins is absolutely a #1 WR in the NFL and would be so more than half the league. He's going to get paid as such and deserves to be, I don't really see a way the team keeps Burrow and Tee and Chase without having a paper thin defense. Someone's gotta go, and because of the relationship from college, Tee is going to be the odd man out.

Yep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 02:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I think a tag & trade scenario is more likely for Higgins.

That works.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 08:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You realize that there were 4 games this season were Higgins was the #1 without a doubt cause Chase was out.

7 - 60

9 - 148

7 - 114

That happened while being the top target, getting the best CB from the other team. So your point is completely invalid. Higgins is absolutely a #1 WR in the NFL and would be so on more than half the league. He's going to get paid as such and deserves to be, I don't really see a way the team keeps Burrow and Tee and Chase without having a paper thin defense. Someone's gotta go, and because of the relationship from college, Tee is going to be the odd man out.

So using a 3 game sample size is enough to conclusively make an opinion invalid but taking out 25% of a sample size is valid...makes sense lol 

I think he could become a mid #1, so maybe 12-24 range. I said he's not a top tier meaning close to top 5. And if you think he's a top 5 receiver idk what to tell you. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 12:36 AM)TheFan Wrote: So using a 3 game sample size is enough to conclusively make an opinion invalid but taking out 25% of a sample size is valid...makes sense lol 

I think he could become a mid #1, so maybe 12-24 range. I said he's not a top tier meaning close to top 5. And if you think he's a top 5 receiver idk what to tell you. 

He's a mid #1 right now.

Reply/Quote