Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rest of the schedule looks brutal
Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

at Raiders - This is the only semi-winnable game, but honestly this will probably be a loss since they can't stop the run.

vs. Steelers - Really don't see them beating this team twice, their defense is healthy and playing elite.

vs. Chargers - This will be another L, don't see this defense stopping their receivers or Ekeler

vs. 49ers - They seem to have this teams number

@ Broncos - They are starting to improve and their defense looks legit

vs. Ravens - Don't see them beating the Ravens twice

vs. Chiefs - Don't see this defense stopping Hill and Kelce

@ Browns - They've literally owned this team recently
Reply/Quote
No argument from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It's certainly a tough schedule. Oof, time to visit the draft forum and see who we might be looking to pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing like a healthy dose of optimism eh?  Ya never know, but I have a hunch it's one to chalk up to league-wide story lines manufactured in the offices of NFL Incorporated..  Keep the entire AFCN bunched up together by any means necessary.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:40 PM)bjf123 Wrote: No argument from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

at Raiders - This is the only semi-winnable game, but honestly this will probably be a loss since they can't stop the run.

vs. Steelers - Really don't see them beating this team twice, their defense is healthy and playing elite.

vs. Chargers - This will be another L, don't see this defense stopping their receivers or Ekeler

I agree but really do not see one W the rest of way the way this team is playing..So whats our draft slot? thats really all we have to lok forard to again it seems
Reply/Quote
Defense has given up after the Ravens , they want games handed to them now. Poor tackling all around, I see ZERO aggressiveness like we seen earlier in the year. They look soft out there. They’re sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

I agree if we continue to turn the ball over like today, we are in big trouble but i see winner able games if we get reduce the turnovers
Reply/Quote
What a difference a few weeks make.

Pre-Jets it was all #1 seed, playoff run, no team on the back of the schedule was a challenge.

Now, every team is a challenge.

They looked bad today, the OL was bad, the WRs had the drops (Chase 4, Higgins 2, Boyd underused), Burrow turned it over and the Defense got smoked.

It's a good time for the bye. The team needs to adjust, the NFL has film on Chase now and two weeks in a row he has been taken away. So the team is going to have two weeks to adjust a gameplan to use the running game more, use Boyd more, target CJ more.

Still not a panic mode. This is the first game this season where the team actually looked bad in all phases (minus the run game) and got blown out. It happens.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Won’t win a game with this BenGALS defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree if we continue to turn the ball over like today, we are in big trouble but i see winner able games if we get reduce the turnovers

What's pathetic, is all of the money they spent on defense. Honestly I don't care if Bates goes, he's played atrocious this season. I hope they make me eat crow and turn this around but getting absolutely blown out at home isn't encouraging. I just don't have much faith in Taylor...But if this season goes south maybe Brown will finally send the circus packing.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: What's pathetic, is all of the money they spent on defense. Honestly I don't care if Bates goes, he's played atrocious this season. I hope they make me eat crow and turn this around but getting absolutely blown out at home isn't encouraging. I just don't have much faith in Taylor...But if this season goes south maybe Brown will finally send the circus packing.

Me either

I don't know what to think of this teams ability to win any of the remaining games ?
Reply/Quote
Tbh, I'd say it's only a tough schedule because of who WE are, rather than that really being brutal. Not to say it's an easy run either. If the Bengals were playing well, I wouldn't say there's a single one of those games we'd have no chance in. If we play like we were in the first 7 games (minus Chicago), we'd have every chance in each of those. Ravens are tough, Steelers are too but they aren't what they have been for most of the last 15 years. Chiefs look down on their last 3 seasons. 49ers aren't amazing. Chargers can be good, but can also be ropey. Browns seemingly permanently underwhelm (we'll ignore today...). Broncos I don't think are a great team. Raiders going through instability with the coaching/Ruggs situations.

IF the Bengals were a normal franchise, that's not a terrifying schedule. Even if we were an 8-8 type team, I wouldn't be looking at that as brutal. But if we play like the past 2 games, we'll lose every single one of those games. We also ARE the Bengals, and we know for sure none of those teams are scared of us.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: What's pathetic, is all of the money they spent on defense. Honestly I don't care if Bates goes, he's played atrocious this season. I hope they make me eat crow and turn this around but getting absolutely blown out at home isn't encouraging. I just don't have much faith in Taylor...But if this season goes south maybe Brown will finally send the circus packing.

more pathetic is 3 turnovers on offense..Browns defense came in with 5 turnovers in 8 games. they had 3 this game.. think about how pathetic that was
Reply/Quote
I don’t see one game there they can’t win. If they get the defense fixed and offense stops beating itself we’ll be fine. Bengals team from a few weeks ago would win plenty of these upcoming games.

If the team keeps playing like it has the last two weeks it won’t matter how hard/easy the schedule is, they won’t win anyway.
Reply/Quote
Gotta cut down on the turnovers... they have been KILLER, the last 2 weeks.
IF the Bengals start getting beat down even without turning it over so much, then it's REALLY time to be very concerned.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t see one game there they can’t win. If they get the defense fixed and offense stops beating itself we’ll be fine. Bengals team from a few weeks ago would win plenty of these upcoming games.

If the team keeps playing like it has the last two weeks it won’t matter how hard/easy the schedule is, they won’t win anyway.

Agree with you completely. They should be in almost every one of those games. Funny thing is, the toughest game I see is going to be the one at Denver. They run the ball well and playing at Mile-high is just always such a weird atmosphere for guys who have never played there. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

If I felt like that I probably wouldn't watch anymore or post on fan boards. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What a difference a few weeks make.

Pre-Jets it was all #1 seed, playoff run, no team on the back of the schedule was a challenge.

Now, every team is a challenge.

They looked bad today, the OL was bad, the WRs had the drops (Chase 4, Higgins 2, Boyd underused), Burrow turned it over and the Defense got smoked.

It's a good time for the bye. The team needs to adjust, the NFL has film on Chase now and two weeks in a row he has been taken away. So the team is going to have two weeks to adjust a gameplan to use the running game more, use Boyd more, target CJ more.

Still not a panic mode. This is the first game this season where the team actually looked bad in all phases (minus the run game) and got blown out. It happens.

There is a little of overreaction. But the schedule isn't just us some of the teams are playing better mainly Raiders and Broncos even though the Raiders lost today.

Get Boyd more involved. I mean on a day when Denzel Ward is most certainly covering Chase and we target Boyd 2 times. I won't hold my breathe.

I also can't wrap my head around how bad this defense has become in this 2 game strectch. If we can't that figured out we aren't winning anymore games. I gave Lou a lot of credit and now he has to take a lot of blame.
Reply/Quote