Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
'They made me out to be racist and homophobic'

I'd say based on the "featured screenshots" link that he made himself out to be quite racist.

Quote:A restaurant owner in Fayetteville, Ark. is asking for an apology from the LGBTQ community and liberals after he claims he is unable to open his business due to their criticism. Paul Dunn, co-owner of the unopened The New American restaurant, says that the LGBTQ and liberals have until Aug. 13 to apologize; otherwise, he will "see them on the dark side of the moon." Dunn did not elaborate to KFSM on what the Pink Floyd album reference meant.

On Monday, Dunn stood outside of The New American to inform people on why the restaurant has not yet opened its doors, alleging that the music venue with a bar and restaurant has lost its investors after members of the local community accused Dunn of being homophobic and racist.

Dunn, who says everyone would be welcomed at his restaurant, came under fire after an article was published in the Fayetteville Flyer, and spread further on Facebook groups, which featured screenshots from Dunn's alleged personal social media account.

Dunn claims he is being attacked for his restaurant's values, which, he says, are aligned with what President Donald Trump is attempting to reinstall in America.

"The LGBT community, the liberal community, started making out The New American as racist and homophobic," Dunn told KFSM. "They tied it to Donald Trump and Make America Great Again. They made me, Paul Dunn, out to be racist and homophobic without even knowing me."

According to Dunn, $140,000 has already been invested into renovations for the restaurant, but due to the negative attention he has garnered on social media, investors are now pulling out. He says that without investors, The New American will not be able to open.

"It was very wrong, very wrong for the LGBT community and the liberal community to attack me and my business and violate our constitutional right to free enterprise just because they don't either agree with a political view or with these values," Dunn told the station.

"If the LGBT community and the liberal community do not apologize by Aug. 13, I'll see them on the dark side of the moon," Dunn said, without elaborating.

Dunn also added that the delayed opening was due to a fire marshal finding problems regarding the restaurant's fire suppression system, which were never finished.

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I have 0 problem with folks bringing up his social media posts, you reap what you sow. WTS, I'd like to see some examples of their "attacks". Is it more than just posting his information?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Does he think that investors could be swayed with no evidence?
(07-08-2019, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 problem with folks bringing up his social media posts, you reap what you sow. WTS, I'd like to see some examples of their "attacks". Is it more than just posting his information?

Quoting myself as this seemed to fall in line with my response of you reap what you sow and racism:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/afro-fest-tiny-jag-detroit-153825185.html

Quote:Detroit-based rapper Tiny Jag pulled out of a Detroit, MI music festival this week after she learned that white concert-goers would be charged a higher price than people of color.

I'll have to give Tiny Jag a listen when I get home today.

(07-08-2019, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quoting myself as this seemed to fall in line with my response of you reap what you sow and racism:

That sounds like a really stupid thing to do.  What do you even base that on?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-08-2019, 01:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That sounds like a really stupid thing to do.  What do you even base that on?  

From the link:

Quote:The organizers of the event are upfront that they are charging different prices based on race, including sharing artwork on social media with a caption about early-bird tickets that reads, “Early Bird POC Tickets are $10 & $20 for NONPOC’s & on sale until JULY 17th.”

View image on Twitter
[Image: D-lyBf4X4AAldnf?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote:[Image: D7i0tr7e_normal.jpg]
[/url]Afrofuture Youth@AFYDet

OFFICIAL LINE UP For Afrofuture Fest IS HERE[Image: 2728.png][Image: 2728.png][Image: 2728.png]

We’re activating the BLACK farm grounds of FEEDOM FREEDOM(866 Manistique) & YES, this is happening on BLACK Detroit’s Eastside

Early Bird POC Tickets are $10 & $20 for NONPOC’s & on sale until JULY 17thhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrofuture-fest-tickets-64562699773?aff=ebdshpsearchautocomplete …

8:14 PM - Jul 3, 2019

410 people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/AFYDet/status/1146573010247327744]
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Jag said it was hard to cancel the show, and apologized to her fans.

"It’s not fun to withdraw out of shows, especially at home, especially in your hometown, and especially when your supporters have been so good to you," she says. "It’s also not fun to do that to my fellow Black women, like that sucks too. It sucks that this is a thing that’s put a wedge here."

AfroFuture Fest shared a message on their event page on ticketing site Eventbrite, explaining their price discrepancy. They explained that their ticket structure was built to ensure people in the community would have an equitable chance to enjoy the event.
Quote:
WHY DO WE HAVE POC(PEOPLE OF COLOR) AND NONPOC(WHITE PEOPLE) TICKETS? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!
EQUALITY MEANS TREATING EVERYONE THE SAME
EQUITY IS INSURING EVERYONE HAS WHAT THEY NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
OUR TICKET STRUCTURE WAS BUILT TO INSURE THAT THE MOST MARGINALIZED COMMUNITIES (PEOPLE OF COLOR) ARE PROVIDED WITH AN EQUITABLE CHANCE AT ENJOYING EVENTS IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY(BLACK DETROIT).
AFFORDING JOY AND PLEASURE IS UNFORTUNATELY STILL A PRIVILEGE IN OUR SOCIETY FOR POC AND WE BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO RECEIVING SUCH.
WE'VE SEEN TOO MANY TIMES ORGASMIC EVENTS HAPPENING IN DETROIT AND OTHER POC POPULATED CITIES AND WHAT CONSISTENTLY HAPPENS IS PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY BENEFITING MOST FROM AFFORDABLE TICKET PRICES BECAUSE OF THEIR PROXIMITY TO WEALTH.
THIS CYCLE DISPROPORTIONATELY DISPLACES BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING ENTERTAINMENT IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES.
AS AN AFROFUTURIST YOUTH LEAD INITIATIVE THE VOICES OF OUR YOUTH INFORM OUR RESISTANCE.
HERE'S WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY
" IF YOU DON'T SEE MY BLACKNESS, YOU DON'T SEE ME. PERIODT!"
We’ve reached out to Tiny Jag and AfroFuture Fest for comment.

So that's their "reasoning".

I'm just glad we could quickly switch this thread to potentially racist black people discriminating against white people instead of potentially racist white people being discriminated against.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-08-2019, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: From the link:

So that's their "reasoning".

I'm just glad we could quickly switch this thread to potentially racist black people discriminating against white people instead of potentially racist white people being discriminated against.   Mellow

Yes some owner of a non-restaurant is the big news.  Of course he didn't break any laws where this other one probably does.  Personally I could give two craps about either, but my post count is waning and I would like to "insure" that I stay in the top 20.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-08-2019, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quoting myself as this seemed to fall in line with my response of you reap what you sow and racism:

This is fascinating.

Fascinating enough to have its own thread.
(07-08-2019, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm just glad we could quickly switch this thread to potentially racist black people discriminating against white people instead of potentially racist white people being discriminated against.   Mellow

(07-08-2019, 01:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is fascinating.

Fascinating enough to have its own thread.

I simply found it relevant to the quoted story about free enterprise and racial motivations. My stance is the same in both issue: They business owners can do it and the consumers can respond to those motivations. I often share various stories  in threads that I find the situation to be relevant; however, I do appreciate your posting etiquette tips.

I'm only interested in hearing what he means by saying he will see them on the dark side of the moon.
(07-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm only interested in hearing what he means by saying he will see them on the dark side of the moon.

I think it's quite obvious:

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon 

And if there is no room upon the hill 

And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too 

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. 

(07-08-2019, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's quite obvious:

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon 

And if there is no room upon the hill 

And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too 

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. 

Yes, but how do the words of an ultra-liberal British guy resonate with an American neo-con?   
(07-08-2019, 12:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Does he think that investors could be swayed with no evidence?

I believe that I read somewhere that there were 3 FBI investigations that uncovered zero evidence. But that still wasn’t enough to convince people he was innocent....

Maybe that was Supreme Court Justice Kavenaugh.

Anyways, since when do we need evidence to call people racist, sexual predators, or enemy’s of the state that collude with Russia? It’s the new norm. Guilty until proven innocent...unless you are President Trump....then it’s guilty until proven innocent, guilty again and then proven innocent and then somebody else is guilty of something and Trump took a picture with that guilty person and said something about him so guilty again.
(07-09-2019, 02:49 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I believe that I read somewhere that there were 3 FBI investigations that uncovered zero evidence.  But that still wasn’t enough to convince people he was innocent....

Anyways, since when do we need evidence to call people racist, sexual predators, or enemy’s of the state that collude with Russia?  It’s the new norm.  Guilty until proven innocent...unless you are President Trump....then it’s guilty until proven innocent, guilty again and then proven innocent and then somebody else is guilty of something and Trump took a picture with that guilty person and said something about him so guilty again.

If it looks like snake, crawls like a snake and hisses like a snake, guess what? Its a snake.

MAGA
(07-09-2019, 02:49 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I believe that I read somewhere that there were 3 FBI investigations that uncovered zero evidence.  But that still wasn’t enough to convince people he was innocent....

Anyways, since when do we need evidence to call people racist, sexual predators, or enemy’s of the state that collude with Russia?  It’s the new norm.  Guilty until proven innocent...unless you are President Trump....then it’s guilty until proven innocent, guilty again and then proven innocent and then somebody else is guilty of something and Trump took a picture with that guilty person and said something about him so guilty again.

If I agreed with this post, I would so state.

Well, considering there's evidence in both this scenario and in the Kavanaugh scenario, I doubt that 3 FBI investigations with zero evidence thing was about either. I'm not exactly sure what case you're thinking of, but maybe it will come to you eventually.

As far as needing evidence to call people racist, I can't think of a scenario where someone has been called racist, a sexual predator or an enemy of the state without evidence.

There may be a case where the evidence is misinterpreted or someone presented evidence that was made to seem more racist than it was, but I don't know how you can call someone a racist without evidence that they did or said something racist.

This story is not an example of that and neither is Donald Trump in any of his escapades. So I really don't understand where you're going with any of this.

If a person were called racist and there were no screenshots, comments, videos, quotes, appearances or actions that signified racism, I guarantee you there would not be an outcry regarding that person, like the person in this story.

If you have a story where someone was called a racist with, literally, no evidence or indications that they are, I'd happily read it and, based on the contents, amend my opinion.

But until then your post just sounds like silly right wing propaganda to me. 
(07-08-2019, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, but how do the words of an ultra-liberal British guy resonate with an American neo-con?   

It's probably one of those scenarios where you agree with the words, not the person. Kind of like Trump quoting Mussolini or Republican Rep Mo Brooks quoting Mein Kampf.
(07-09-2019, 07:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, considering there's evidence in both this scenario and in the Kavanaugh scenario, I doubt that 3 FBI investigations with zero evidence thing was about either. I'm not exactly sure what case you're thinking of, but maybe it will come to you eventually.

As far as needing evidence to call people racist, I can't think of a scenario where someone has been called racist, a sexual predator or an enemy of the state without evidence.

There may be a case where the evidence is misinterpreted or someone presented evidence that was made to seem more racist than it was, but I don't know how you can call someone a racist without evidence that they did or said something racist.

This story is not an example of that and neither is Donald Trump in any of his escapades. So I really don't understand where you're going with any of this.

If a person were called racist and there were no screenshots, comments, videos, quotes, appearances or actions that signified racism, I guarantee you there would not be an outcry regarding that person, like the person in this story.

If you have a story where someone was called a racist with, literally, no evidence or indications that they are, I'd happily read it and, based on the contents, amend my opinion.

But until then your post just sounds like silly right wing propaganda to me. 

How long have you been in this forum? 

(07-09-2019, 10:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How long have you been in this forum? 

I dunno. Why do you ask?
(07-09-2019, 10:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. Why do you ask?

Because I've seen numerous examples of people called racist without evidence.