Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-02-2022, 02:37 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Who wouldn't want to listen to Pee Wee's podcast?  Hilarious  It's cool in a sense that anyone who wants to have an audience and reach now has it.  But we're over-saturated with everyone and their mom having one (almost.  I don't see that Pee Wee's mom has one..).  

Pee Wee's podcast renews my soul.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:06 AM)pulses Wrote: Tomlinson was a 75.9 PFF this past yr  5 penalties and 2 sacks given up.

Yeah, he was good with Trent Williams next to him. Was wondering how he looked when he didn't have a great LT next to him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he was good with Trent Williams next to him. Was wondering how he looked when he didn't have a great LT next to him.

I don't have the premium PFF or i would tell you.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he was good with Trent Williams next to him. Was wondering how he looked when he didn't have a great LT next to him.

I don't know but I'm not sure how much we can hold it against him when he played for Detroit. If I'm remembering right, he was released/traded right after or in the beginning of Ragnow's career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 07:52 PM)pulses Wrote: I don't have the premium PFF or i would tell you.

Yes I don't have it either so someone who does would have to show us.

(03-07-2022, 10:13 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I don't know but I'm not sure how much we can hold it against him when he played for Detroit. If I'm remembering right, he was released/traded right after or in the beginning of Ragnow's career.

Good point, it was Detroit lol

Love Ragnow though, always have. Was wanting him badly. Damn Lions taking him right before us. Whatever
Reply/Quote
If Jensen actually gets the deal that's specified, that's $13 mill APY.
That would be second only to Frank Ragnow, arguably the league's best C.

I'm not sure I consider Jensen to be the 2nd best C in the league, or even Top 5.

Personally, I'd rather go after a cheaper C like Brian Allen or Ben Jones and spend more money at OG and/or RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Jensen actually gets the deal that's specified, that's $13 mill APY.

I'm not sure I consider Jensen to be the 2nd best C in the league, or even Top 5.

Personally, I'd rather go after a cheaper C like Brian Allen or Ben Jones and spend more money at OG and/or RT.

That's unfortunately how free agency works. Some guys get overpaid. Then, you wait out the big spending and can sometimes get value.

Center...with only 2-3 good ones, likely will be red water trying to sign one of the top ones.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Jensen actually gets the deal that's specified, that's $13 mill APY.

The Buccaneers are supposedly offering Ryan Jensen around 15mil APY. Which would make him the highest paid center. Other teams could offer more. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's unfortunately how free agency works. Some guys get overpaid. Then, you wait out the big spending and can sometimes get value.

Center...with only 2-3 good ones, likely will be red water trying to sign one of the top ones.

I guess I don't find C to be such a pressing need that the Bengals need to overspend for one.

Here are the starting-caliber C's I see in FA:
  • Jensen
  • Ben Jones
  • Bozeman
  • Brian Allen
  • Nick Martin
  • Mason Cole
  • James Daniels
Nick Martin is very similar to Hopkins (good pass block, bad run). Cole is kind of the opposite.
James Daniels hasn't been playing C with the Bears but did come into the draft as a C.

There are also a few C's from the draft that could end up starting and do at least ok.
  • Linderbaum (duh)
  • Dylan Parham
  • Zion Johnson (was taking snaps at C at Senior Bowl)
  • Alec Lindstrom
  • Cam Jurgens

Given the Bengals already have Hopkins in place, I'd be ok with them sitting with Hopkins as the incumbent starter and possibly look to draft his long-term replacement. You can always look to move Hopkins to OG or release him if the draft pick comes along well out of the gate.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 03:23 PM)Synric Wrote: The Buccaneers are supposedly offering Ryan Jensen around 15mil APY. Which would make him the highest paid center. Other teams could offer more. 

at 15, thats too high for him at ih age...I like the idea of Bozeman, and FA top tackle 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 03:23 PM)Synric Wrote: The Buccaneers are supposedly offering Ryan Jensen around 15mil APY. Which would make him the highest paid center. Other teams could offer more. 

Let them offer that then.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Pass
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Moses is a massive upgrade to Prince, but overall he's just above average I'd say. He was actually waived before last season which is curious.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Moses is a massive upgrade to Prince, but overall he's just above average I'd say. He was actually waived before last season which is curious.

If Trent Brown is motivated he is the better RT over Moses but that is the question isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Jensen is a level above those other players and changes the entire dynamic of our oline. Bozeman wants north of 10M is my next option.  Jones is 6 years older than Boze and Karras while an upgrade for us, is definitely 4th in this group.

So many overlook the value of Center, a good one can be vital.

Jensen had a PFF of 70.1 while giving up 2 sacks.  Bozeman had a PFF 73.3 while giving up 3 sacks.  Ben Jones had a PFF of 77. 8 while giving up 1 sack.  I dont think Jensen is that much better than either of the other 2 especiallly if he wants 13 million a year.  He is not elite talent.  He is good and would be an upgrade but he is not worth anything close to 13 million.

Karras mainly played guard last year so it may be a little harder to judge his PFF numbers, although he did play the full 16 games at center in 2020 with Miami.  I think Karras would probably be a good addition because of his versatility at center and guard
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:36 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Jensen had a PFF of 70.1 while giving up 2 sacks.  Bozeman had a PFF 73.3 while giving up 3 sacks.  Ben Jones had a PFF of 77. 8 while giving up 1 sack.  I dont think Jensen is that much better than either of the other 2 especiallly if he wants 13 million a year.  He is not elite talent.  He is good and would be an upgrade but he is not worth anything close to 13 million.

Karras mainly played guard last year so it may be a little harder to judge his PFF numbers, although he did play the full 16 games at center in 2020 with Miami.  I think Karras would probably be a good addition because of his versatility at center and guard

Jensen is great and may get way north of 13M which I would oppose. It is common knowledge he is top 3 and neither Bozeman or Karras are in that conversation.

I do like both with a preference of Bozeman over Karras, even though he's not the perfect fit for the wide zone. But his pass block win rate was #2 amongst centers and this was his first year playing center in the NFL.  Karras would be an upgrade. Neither are culture changing impacts like a Jensen who would provide tenacity and leadership we havent seen since Rich Braham.

Just my humble opinion.

Reply/Quote

Stick with Hopkins instead of Allen, IMHO.  Guy's 22 tape is a mess.

Reply/Quote
One bonus about signing Bozeman- If by some miracle Linderbaum falls to us and we take him, Bozeman can also play guard. Ditto with Karras. Neither Jensen nor especially Allen offer that versatility. I'm warming up on Bozeman, as his pass block win rate is impressive, and from what I've seen in film he moves better than many think. Baltimore had him pull on a lot of plays and he did that well. I definitely see him being in the $7-10M AAV range, most likely he'll get a $24M/3yr contract.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote