Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Right up yours Tennessee...F U!'
(11-28-2022, 08:38 PM)Leon Wrote: so any time you have an opinion or feeling about something, youre attempting to read minds? 

No.  Because I don't usually attempt to read minds or speculate.
For example, Karras had a legitimate reason to be angry - Titans players dove at his knees, and fans harassed him (and Burrow) by shouting nastiness like wishing injury upon them.  That's not opinion, it's fact.

Jackson had no legitimate reason to be angry, other than being butt-hurt.  What that guy posted on Twitter did no actual damage to Lamar, and I guarantee you the Ravens aren't listening to some random dude's opinions.  Again, that's not opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:49 PM)Leon Wrote: folks form opinions based on there observations. if they could read minds, there would be no need for opinions. lol

Yours has crossed over from opinion to accusation. Big difference there.
Reply/Quote
Personally I don't care for that kind of language no matter who's saying it or typing it. I used to talk like that all the time until I tainted a poor child in a grocery store in Bozeman, MT while going off about the price of bread about 20 years ago. I didn't know he was next to me and the look on his face still sticks with me today. I made it a point to clean up my language and have never regretted it. My thoughts are if you can't come up with better words to describe something, you're not using the education you received. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and I like turtles.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No.  Because I don't usually attempt to read minds or speculate.
For example, Karras had a legitimate reason to be angry - Titans players dove at his knees, and fans harassed him (and Burrow) by shouting nastiness like wishing injury upon them.  That's not opinion, it's fact.

Jackson had no legitimate reason to be angry, other than being butt-hurt.  What that guy posted on Twitter did no actual damage to Lamar, and I guarantee you the Ravens aren't listening to some random dude's opinions.  Again, that's not opinion.
And what actual damage did the folks Karras cussed out and gave a vulgar "up yours" motion do to him?

Here's the answer: zero, zilch. none. He wants to fight Jeffrey Simmons then they are not the same. Otherwise it's just 2 players cussing out fans who said things they don't like.

Jackson just came off a game where he had 350 yards of total offense and some clueless dude on social is blaming the loss on him and he has "no legitimate" reason to be angry? 

The ingrained bias here is amazing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:15 PM)Mer Wrote: Personally I don't care for that kind of language no matter who's saying it or typing it. I used to talk like that all the time until I tainted a poor child in a grocery store in Bozeman, MT while going off about the price of bread about 20 years ago. I didn't know he was next to me and  the look on his face still sticks with me today. I made it a point to clean up my language and have never regretted it. My thoughts are if you can't come up with better words to describe something, you're not using the education you received. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and I like turtles.

Even though I have no problem with either; I can appreciate your view. A case can be made Karras' was worse, but at the end of the day; none of us know what these players go through

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So you think if a black Bengal player, Collins for example, did this, we’d be lambasting him?  The obvious answer is we defend ours and go after theirs.  Fans constantly look the other way when it’s their own team, but that doesn’t get you any virtue points. Btw…who has been the most hated player over the last twenty years?

I'll take Big Jen for 100!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'll take Big Jen for 100!

Just so you know: If Karras were in the Gameday Thread he'd give you the same reaction he did the Tenn fans.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jackson just came off a game where he had 350 yards of total offense and some clueless dude on social is blaming the loss on him and he has "no legitimate" reason to be angry? 

Correct.  He had no LEGITIMATE reason to be angry.  It was seriously just some random dude on Twitter.  The only reason he was angry is because... thin skin?  Ego?  Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'll take Big Jen for 100!

I was thinking Tom Brady

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just so you know: If Karras were in the Gameday Thread he'd give you the same reaction he did the Tenn fans.

I doubt it - I didn't dive at his knees while he was in victory formation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:30 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I was thinking Tom Brady

Also a possible answer. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Correct.  He had no LEGITIMATE reason to be angry.  It was seriously just some random dude on Twitter.  The only reason he was angry is because... thin skin?  Ego?  Who knows?

And it was seriously just some random fans in the stands who Karras had no LEGITIMATE reason to be angry with.

If he were addressing Simmons then it'd be a different story, but he wasn't. He was just addressing some fans that happened to be seated near the tunnel where he was exiting. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: I doubt it - I didn't dive at his knees while he was in victory formation. 

Neither did the fans he was addressing with profanity and vulgar gestures.

Reply/Quote
You know, in retrospect I wish I had not responded to this thread at all. While I think I made reasonable points a look at the discussion shows that the thread is just creating heat not light and stoking potential animosity. We have too good a thing here to let that happen, especially those of us who remember where this forum originated from (the old Bengals.com forum).
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea and that doesn't change the fact that it's a bad look for a player to let fans get under his skin like that, and it's also almost never a good look to argue with fans after the game on social media.

Haven't read through the entire thread yet but i recall seeing someone say...maybe it was the lockerroom interview with Karras and Cappa...something along the lines of some shit fans were saying in that endzone. Something about Burrow breaking his leg and other shit. 

I'm not here to defend or accuse but i think, at least part, of what Karras was saying was directed towards the Titans fans. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: You know, in retrospect I wish I had not responded to this thread at all. While I think I made reasonable points a look at the discussion shows that the thread is just creating heat not light and stoking potential animosity. We have too good a thing here to let that happen, especially those of us who remember where this forum originated from (the old Bengals.com forum).

I thought it came from the forum ran by the Cincinnati Enquirer which was shut down after 911.

Reply/Quote
Yea, sure... the dude on Twitter didn't personally verbally attack Lamar Jackson, it was an indirect statement (The Ravens should consider letting him walk)
NOT... Lamar sucks, I hope he breaks his leg, etc.

Also, Karras didn't single out any fans, it was an F-U to Tennessee fans in general, based on the bad behavior of some.

Yea, totally the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither did the fans he was addressing with profanity and vulgar gestures.

I kind of took it like he was addressing Tennessee as one and all rather than any specific fans, after the frustrations with the Simmons cheap shots. I’m sure he was in the moment. I loved it in the immediate aftermath and still kind of do. I’m sure some fans didn’t appreciate it, but it almost had a pro wrestling kind of feel to it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:13 PM)Leon Wrote: nothing to do with high ground, everything to do with excusing one fella and condeming the other when they were both wrong. you can say its just biased and being a fan in your case. if true thats great. but that dont apply to everyone an the fact you dont think theres ant element of it at all seems naive an unrealistic, but your free to believe theres zero of it

Implying racism and implying bias are not remotely similar. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:50 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I kind of took it like he was addressing Tennessee as one and all rather than any specific fans, after the frustrations with the Simmons cheap shots.  I’m sure he was in the moment.  I loved it in the immediate aftermath and still kind of do.  I’m sure some fans didn’t appreciate it, but it almost had a pro wrestling kind of feel to it.

Oh you got me confused with someone who didn't dig what Karras said; I'm just saying we can't build statutes to him for what he said and then curse Lamar for telling a dude to F-Off that put Lamar's name in his mouth.

It seems like only yesterday I got a 2 month suspension because someone in another forum on this board kept attacking me verbally and I replied with this, so I feel Karras:

Reply/Quote