Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Right up yours Tennessee...F U!'
(11-28-2022, 07:21 PM)Leon Wrote: have you ever heard the term shining up a turd. thats what your doing here. trying your best to justify what the guy you like did

I mean if that’s how you want to put it. You’re entitled to your wrong opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: one was in response to being cut at and fans wishing him and his teammates harm, one was for saying he may need to walk this offseason.

Let’s put this in the real world. Karras is a man who just got blindsided, and then his self and family threatened. Lamar is a man who got told he may not be great at his job and need to be let go.

Now you tell me which situation more so justifies that response from either of them?

Wonder what all of us would be thinking if that cheap shot on Karras actually hurt him and took him out for the season?

All I know is if someone was trying to take me out I would be angry and is much more justifiable than that disgusting post
of Lamar's. If that was Burrow saying that I would be ashamed.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: one was in response to being cut at and fans wishing him and his teammates harm, one was for saying he may need to walk this offseason.

Let’s put this in the real world. Karras is a man who just got blindsided, and then his self and family threatened. Lamar is a man who got told he may not be great at his job and need to be let go.

Now you tell me which situation more so justifies that response from either of them?

in the real world where im from both guys wouldve regretted telling folks to f themselfs. not by me cause i dont belive in violence but lots of folks where im from dont feel the same an if you tell them to f themselfs. well lets just say there would be fallout for that stupidty
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:24 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean if that’s how you want to put it.  You’re entitled to your wrong opinion.

as are you bubby
Reply/Quote
anyways im done. im pretty sure i know whats fueling these reactions an i find it sad and dont want to be a part of it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:32 PM)Leon Wrote: in the real world where im from both guys wouldve regretted telling folks to f themselfs. not by me cause i dont belive in violence but lots of folks where im from dont feel the same an if you tell them to f themselfs. well lets just say there would be fallout for that stupidty

What would be the fallout for threatening harm to one where you are from? I bet it’s worse than saying f’ you.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:38 PM)Leon Wrote: anyways im done. im pretty sure i know whats fueling these reactions an i find it sad and dont want to be a part of it.

Leon, as you know I usually agree with you but if you don't understand a player being angry about a team 
trying to take you out I don't understand. That is completely understandable. Guess you would be fine with it
if Karras was hurt and out for the year because of that dirty play.

That is sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The situations are not the same. If you think they are, then you’re really just reaching.

For sure they are not. But are they so drastically different that one guy gets lambasted and the other one gets celebrated. I doubt a neutral person would see it that way.

If I watched something like the Karras outburst as a neutral observer of a game, it would not have entered my mind that the player shouting these profanities into the crowd was a class act and great sportsman because of it. Even if someone had made a dirty play on him before and there's legitimate anger about it. These whole celebrations make me a bit uneasy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:38 PM)Leon Wrote: anyways im done. im pretty sure i know whats fueling these reactions an i find it sad and dont want to be a part of it.

It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another to assume and project your own feelings as to why others disagree with you. We’ve told you why we disagree. Don’t make something up for why we disagree to try and fit your narrative or help you sleep.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:45 PM)hollodero Wrote: For sure they are not. But are they so drastically different that one guy gets lambasted and the other one gets celebrated. I doubt a neutral person would see it that way.

If I watched something like the Karras outburst as a neutral observer of a game, it would not have entered my mind that the player shouting these profanities into the crowd was a class act and great sportsman because of it. Even if someone had made a dirty play on him before and there's legitimate anger about it. These whole celebrations make me a bit uneasy.

Yeah you’re right, and that is where fandom comes into play. Neutrally these are both things I look at and say hmm, then move on. But I’m not neutral here.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What would be the fallout for threatening harm to one where you are from? I bet it’s worse than saying f’ you.

if you walk into another mans house to fight him an you win despite some cheapshots, you walk outta that house like a man with youre head held high, not acting like a child screaming profanities to his family as you walk out the door. thats a act of a classless man

i had to respond to that but now i dont want nothing else to do with the obvious motivation in this thread
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:50 PM)Leon Wrote: if you walk into another mans house to fight him an you win despite some cheapshots, you walk outta that house like a man with youre head held high, not acting like a child screaming profanities to his family as you walk out the door.

i had to respond to that but now i dont want nothing else to do with the obvious motivation in this thread

Why don’t you quit beating around the bush and own what you’re accusing everyone who disagrees with you and their motivation? You’ve said enough, own what you think and spit it out. Or are you just saying it to make yourself and your opinion feel superior?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Why don’t you quit beating around the bush and own what you’re accusing everyone who disagrees with you and their motivation? You’ve said enough, own what you think and spit it out. Or are you just saying it to make yourself and your opinion feel superior?

i think i made it pretty clear in post 44 so why are you pretending i didnt
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:56 PM)Leon Wrote: i think i made it pretty clear in post 44 so why are you pretending i didnt

So just to be clear- you, Leon, are accusing those who disagree with you as being racist, or having racist intentions? Just so we are clear? It can’t possibly be anything else? Just racism in its purest form?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So just to be clear- you, Leon, are accusing those who disagree with you as being racist, or having racist intentions? Just so we are clear? It can’t possibly be anything else? Just racism in its purest form?

i think theres an element of in play for sure. but thts just my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:00 PM)Leon Wrote: i think theres an element of in play for sure. but thts just my opinion. 

Good to know. That’s a pretty serious accusation to throw around people you don’t know, Remind me not to ever disagree with you, or be ready to be labeled a racist. But like I said, you’re entitled to your wrong opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Good to know. That’s a pretty serious accusation to throw around people you don’t know, Remind me not to ever disagree with you, or be ready to be labeled a racist. But like I said, you’re entitled to your wrong opinion.

i never implied you were, so why so defensive. if it doesnt apply to you then it doesnt apply to you, right? saying i sense an elemnt of it in here isnt saying any one in particlar. just an opinion of the tone that i noticed. as some who has a black daughter in law an 5 black grandbabies ive gotten very good at spotting that tone unforuntely
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:08 PM)Leon Wrote: i never implied you were, so why so defensive. if it doesnt apply to you then it doesnt apply to you, right? saying i sense an elemnt of it in here isnt saying any one in particlar. just an opinion of the tone that i noticed. as some who has a black daughter in law an 5 black grandbabies ive gotten very good at spotting that tone unforuntely

And as someone who has a black son, I can smell a cop out a mile away. I know you think you have the moral high ground, but you don’t.

When you are using that AS your reason people are supporting Karras and not Lamar, you are accusing me, and everyone else as having those intentions, it’s disgusting and highly offensive.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: And as someone who has a black son, I can smell a cop out a mile away. I know you think you have the moral high ground, but you don’t.

nothing to do with high ground, everything to do with excusing one fella and condeming the other when they were both wrong. you can say its just biased and being a fan in your case. if true thats great. but that dont apply to everyone an the fact you dont think theres ant element of it at all seems naive an unrealistic, but your free to believe theres zero of it
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I hope we get them in the playoffs and make it 4 in a row.

“I hope you break your leg Burrow”

That statement is oozing with karma. Plus, that's how much they fear Joe Swag. Yes, the fear is real...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote