Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
Carman, bust
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:19 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Carman, bust

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious awful early in the morning to be that drunk.
Reply/Quote

Totally rational take regarding a player that’s started 5 whole games and is 21 years old…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Totally rational take regarding a player that’s started 5 whole games and is 21 years old…

What the hell has happened to Fred Johnson?
I thought he played solidly when he was at Tackle (not G) 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really expect them to almost solely focus on the oline this upcoming off season and draft. Look at it this way, we are set at WR, QB,RB could maybe use another corner or TE, but the Dline will get Ossai back, and our LBers are playing pretty darned good as well. We have the luxury this upcoming season to be able to focus on one position..... Offensive Line

I think we need to draft Tre Waynes' replacement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I fully expect them to re-sign all our FA's they want to keep. These guys all seem to like it here.

That's 1 thing the Bengals are known for. They usually take care of their own...
Reply/Quote

[Image: OGC.57f035cbcf41199dc7349451dec5feab?pid...xK0LEW8%3d]

Reply/Quote
Gosh, Bengals still need to draft some OL this year. The depth is not there and I hope Burrow makes it through the year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: TBH they kind of left Prince on an island with no help against Bosa. He never had a chance. Carman's old spot is Left Tackle. So do they move Jonah to RT and put Carman at left, or do they just put Carman at Right, or do we see Fred Johnson (who is not as bad at tackle as he is at guard.)

That’s another criticism I have of this coaching staff did it ever cross there mind to chip Bosa with a TE ? You don’t have to do it every play but it gives Bosa something to think about when a TE is lined up on his side.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:56 PM)lone bengal Wrote: That’s another criticism I have of this coaching staff did it ever cross there mind to chip Bosa with a TE ? You don’t have to do it every play but it gives Bosa something to think about when a TE is lined up on his side.

The worst part is they used almost the same plan (chipping TE or back) to neutralize TJ Watt - but Bosa they leave freaking Prince on an island with?
Reply/Quote
Overall on OL they drafted 3 OL. The issue is not our depth lacks talent the issue is the backups are as green as the summer grass. We NEED veteran depth and probably a couple more OL picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:56 PM)lone bengal Wrote: That’s another criticism I have of this coaching staff did it ever cross there mind to chip Bosa with a TE ? You don’t have to do it every play but it gives Bosa something to think about when a TE is lined up on his side.

(12-14-2021, 05:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: The worst part is they used almost the same plan (chipping TE or back) to neutralize TJ Watt - but Bosa they leave freaking Prince on an island with?

Ceej chipped Bosa on his catch in OT, but no, the armchair coaches on this board are all-knowing and all-seeing...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 05:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ceej chipped Bosa on his catch in OT, but no, the armchair coaches on this board are all-knowing and all-seeing...

They left Prince on an island on the sack. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Riley has been solid. WTS, let's see what we have in Carman..

(12-14-2021, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was thinking the same thing.

Problem is Jackson Carman needs to be playing Right Guard. While he is more inconsistent in the run game he is alot better pass protector than Hakeem Adeniji. In 7 games Carman allowed 10 pressures and 6 of those was vs Green Bay. Adeniji in 5 games has given up 17 pressures and has only had 2 solid games in pass protection and that was of course Raiders and Steelers with limited passing attempt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

[Image: CARMENELECTRA.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Riley has been solid. WTS, let's see what we have in Carman..

They went that route already at guard, I don't think they see him ready , he really has faded on the depth chart it seems
Reply/Quote

Never break out the B word this early.

Not too early to say his rookie season has sucked thus far though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 05:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem is Jackson Carman needs to be playing Right Guard. While he is more inconsistent in the run game he is alot better pass protector than Hakeem Adeniji. In 7 games Carman allowed 10 pressures and 6 of those was vs Green Bay. Adeniji in 5 games has given up 17 pressures and has only had 2 solid games in pass protection and that was of course Raiders and Steelers with limited passing attempt.

THIS. 

Adeniji has been better at run blocking but Carman was not only blocking okay for the pass he made eye popping protection plays - like blocking one guy then spinning off and taking out another. Right now we need pass blocking so I would reinsert Carman at RG and put Adeniji out at RT. That also allows us to use Prince in his usual extra lineman mode. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 05:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: They left Prince on an island on the sack. 

Sorry man, that was more meant for the other guy; I apologise.

He was indeed on an island, on the sack.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well considering we have said that for about 5 years running......    Do we expect it to be priority #1 next offseason?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote