Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff visiting PBS
Man I hope they don't let him leave without a signed contract

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is the one I was hoping for. He's an established LT, plays zone well and gives you flexibility. If he plays RT great. Williams can play LT well, but his versatility is useful. If Sewell is BPA I'd love to see LT Reiff, LG Williams and RT Sewell.
Reply/Quote
I've been saying since Reiff was cut and Pollack mentioning the wide zone. Riley Reiff makes a ton of sense for the Bengals he is a solid veteran tackle that can play either side. He comes from the exact system the Bengals want to run, will open up the top of the draft but not keep them from taking a tackle early to develop or possibly play anyway at guard.

Hopefully they don't let him out of Cincy without a contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No wideout until we land some oline help. This would be a good grab.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I just want to see an announcement tomorrow that Reiff is signed and Hart is no longer a Bengal.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If they land him, I wonder if that would help grease the wheels to bring his teammate Kyle Rudolph back to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
It's not official, but I'm going to go ahead and say he will be signed by tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Imo this does nothing in regards to taking Sewell at 5. Sign reiff for sure but I still take Sewell at 5. F wide receiver until ur offensive line is done. Remember ur qb is already dead cuz we didn’t do this before
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just want to see an announcement tomorrow that Reiff is signed and Hart is no longer a Bengal.

X2

I'm so sick of watching Hart have no idea who to block.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:25 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Imo this does nothing in regards to taking Sewell at 5.  Sign reiff for sure but I still take Sewell at 5.  F wide receiver until ur offensive line is done. Remember ur qb is already dead cuz we didn’t do this before

Reiff would be a band aid to me. 2 years at most. Take Sewell at 5 if he's there and figure out what 3 spots those guys take on the offensive line.

I still want that Patriots C (Need some new UGA blood on the team) and Turner at G.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:36 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Reiff would be a band aid to me. 2 years at most. Take Sewell at 5 if he's there and figure out what 3 spots those guys take on the offensive line.

I still want that Patriots C (Need some new UGA blood on the team) and Turner at G.

Turner, Sewell, Reiff, Hopkins and Jonah is at least going to give Burrow a chance.

Be nice to see them take Sewell and then get an interior guy to develop as well. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
THIS is interesting. OK, he is 32, but maybe we need a proven veteran. This guy does not give up sacks, good news for Joe Burrow.

IF the Bengals shell out for Reiff who is a Tackle and we have Williams, then a high priced pick of Swell may not happen. Instead Bengals might look to that WR who dominated in College Championship that NFL Players raved about watching him. I think he played for Alabama. OR Bengals could look to Linebacker or after spending big in Free Agency, Trade Down.

Reiff played great for Lions and Vikings, and a Team Captain like Whitworth. We got burned on the Tackle from Bills. WHY are Vikings letting him go ? He did have a big contract. Mike Brown probably will have a limit to what he will pay a 32 year old Tackle to come here. I think this visit is more about money talks than anything. If too much money, there is Top Pick Sewell, but only if still on the boards.

IF Bengals take Reiff, I would take Sewell off the boards and grab DeVonte Smith with AJ gone. Imagine Boyd, Higgins and DeVonte Smith who destroyed Ohio State in Championship like Hill of Chiefs destroys teams. The Tweets that night from Mahomes and NFL Stars were of hopes their teams draft him. IF Bengals take Reiff at tackle, you have to look at having a wide open Chiefs type offense by adding DeVonte Smith top of draft. Many say he is the best player in the draft. Taking Reiff means you do not take Sewell, you replace AJ Green and Ross with DeVonte Smith and Bengals have one Explosive Offense. DeVonte Smith does compare to Chiefs Hill in that he can do it all and just Dominate a game. The Championship was a DeVonte Smith Show, he took that game over, and he did that to SEC his career at Bama. Best player in SEC and in College might be a reason to sign Reiff, forget Pac 10 Sewell, grab SEC Best Player Smith.

Back to back SEC Heisman's in Burrow and Smith who dominated Championship Games, Maybe THATS how you turn Bengals into a WINNER, by getting top winning players. The door swings open to that by signing a tackle like Reiff NOW before draft.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The fact he is coming for a visit makes me think it is about wanting to give him a physical. All our other signings were younger so I wonder if it is related to his age? Either way, the way things have gone with Tackles lately they seem to be playing longer than ever so you could realistically get three years out of him at a high level which is about all you can plan for anymore in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 08:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: The fact he is coming for a visit makes me think it is about wanting to give him a physical. All our other signings were younger so I wonder if it is related to his age? Either way, the way things have gone with Tackles lately they seem to be playing longer than ever so you could realistically get three years out of him at a high level which is about all you can plan for anymore in the NFL.

Not all Tackles age like Whitworth...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not all Tackles age like Whitworth...

Yeah well I guess it’s a good thing he’s 7 years younger than Whit.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not all Tackles age like Whitworth...

Right, but we have seen a nice run lately. Peters played well up until last year, Duane Brown is still a really solid tackle, Marcus Cannon is still solid, and obviously, we know Whit. We just saw 32-year-old Trent Williams reset the market at tackle as well. I think he will be okay as his play hasn't dropped off and his injury history is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
If Riley is signed maybe they are savvy enough to trade Hart. Not sure why they can't figure out how to stockpile picks. KC and Oakland need linemen.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
C'mon Bengals get this man a uniform.
Reply/Quote
Reiff is an upgrade over Hart, but at his age, he'd likely just be a 1-2 year stopgap.
I don't think this would take OT off the board at 5 for the Bengals, but they would have to figure out which OT to shift to OG for at least one season. Otherwise, drafted OT could end up sitting the bench for (part of) the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reiff is an upgrade over Hart, but at his age, he'd likely just be a 1-2 year stopgap.
I don't think this would take OT off the board at 5 for the Bengals, but they would have to figure out which OT to shift to OG for at least one season. Otherwise, drafted OT could end up sitting the bench for (part of) the year.
It shouldn't take OT off the board at 5. If anything you trade down and take the next best o-lineman and gain more picks. We can do that and still get a quality starting o-lineman.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote