Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodney Anderson rehab
Man, I'm hoping he can stay healthy and be a contributor this season.

Reply/Quote
At the risk of sounding like a downer, I have serious doubts that the RB who has missed 4 of his last 5 football seasons will stay healthy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A healthy Anderson is a starter level player, in my book. Of course, that is assuming he is anywhere close to where he was, physically.

If a new deal with Mixon goes south, hemay have to be. And Gio has not been very productive lately.

We could be seeing a lot more of Anderson, T. Williams, andmaybe Patrick this year and next.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A healthy Anderson is a starter level player, in my book. Of course, that is assuming he is anywhere close to where he was, physically.

If a new deal with Mixon goes south, hemay have to be. And Gio has not been very productive lately.

We could be seeing a lot more of Anderson, T. Williams, andmaybe Patrick this year and next.

Really hoping the Mixon deal doesn't go south. Dude is pretty smash mouth (no pun intended).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice if he can stay healthy and on the field, see what he's got ? Wish him luck.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would be nice if he can stay healthy and on the field, see what he's got ? Wish him luck.

Agreed. Coming back from a torn ACL is not as dire as it used to be. Hopefully he can bring his game. It would be nice if him and Mixon could split some carries to keep them both fresh in games. Gio has never been the same since the 2015 playoff game concussion from Shazier. He's still good, but not as good as before that hit.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really hoping the Mixon deal doesn't go south. Dude is pretty smash mouth (no pun intended).

I'd love to see them sign Mixon as long as it's not for Zeke money.
Reply/Quote
I like Anderson,but the guy has really had some tough luck in his career so far. Hopefully it will change this year.miracles do happen.I mean,After all Tyler Eiffert put in a full healthy season last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. Coming back from a torn ACL is not as dire as it used to be. Hopefully he can bring his game. It would be nice if him and Mixon could split some carries to keep them both fresh in games. Gio has never been the same since the 2015 playoff game concussion from Shazier. He's still good, but not as good as before that hit.

I think you may be on to something there ? Remember when K. Rivers got blasted by Whines Hard ? Rivers never got back in the saddle after that.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. Coming back from a torn ACL is not as dire as it used to be. Hopefully he can bring his game. It would be nice if him and Mixon could split some carries to keep them both fresh in games. Gio has never been the same since the 2015 playoff game concussion from Shazier. He's still good, but not as good as before that hit.

(05-03-2020, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think you may be on to something there ? Remember when K. Rivers got blasted by Whines Hard ? Rivers never got back in the saddle after that.

It wasn't the concussion that did it. He was playing with a knee injury in 2016 and it turned into a fully torn ACL. He did fine in 2017 (4.4 YPC/9.0 AVG receiving), but then in 2018 Week 4 he sprained his MCL (he had 4.56 YPC before the injury and 2.55 YPC after he returned).

The two knee injuries are really what sapped his explosiveness. Not everyone can Adrian Peterson it.

At least that was my view of things.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think you may be on to something there ? Remember when K. Rivers got blasted by Whines Hard ? Rivers never got back in the saddle after that.

From the eye test, that's my best guess. You're right about Rivers too. Man, the AFCN is similar to a prison league (do those exist)? Anyway, it's hard to come back from shit like that for some reason. Just like in baseball. One nice hit in the helmet with a pitch can make you jittery in the box for quite awhile. Some never recover confidence. I know I didnt. After I got beamed, most of my hits were foul balls to right field because I was late to respond. It sucked too because most of my hits before that where LF line or up the middle. I never hit a homerun though in baseball which sucked. I was a line drive hitter. Would have been nice to nail one. Came close a few times, but no cigar. Shit, I just derailed my own post and made it about me. LOL 

The point still stands however, some times fear takes over when your going to put yourself in a position to feel much pain.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It wasn't the concussion that did it. He was playing with a knee injury in 2016 and it turned into a fully torn ACL. He did fine in 2017 (4.4 YPC/9.0 AVG receiving), but then in 2018 Week 4 he sprained his MCL (he had 4.56 YPC before the injury and 2.55 YPC after he returned).

The two knee injuries are really what sapped his explosiveness. Not everyone can Adrian Peterson it.

At least that was my view of things.

Good point taken.

Reply/Quote
Question: why does it seem like people are so much higher on this guy than they are Trayveon Williams? Didn’t Williams lead the SEC in rushing one year?

Is it fair to say Anderson is much better if both are fully healthy? I see Anderson’s average is slightly higher (6.4) than Williams (6.0), but it’s also way less games.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: From the eye test, that's my best guess. You're right about Rivers too. Man, the AFCN is similar to a prison league (do those exist)? Anyway, it's hard to come back from shit like that for some reason. Just like in baseball. One nice hit in the helmet with a pitch can make you jittery in the box for quite awhile. Some never recover confidence. I know I didnt. After I got beamed, most of my hits were foul balls to right field because I was late to respond. It sucked too because most of my hits before that where LF line or up the middle. I never hit a homerun though in baseball which sucked. I was a line drive hitter. Would have been nice to nail one. Came close a few times, but no cigar. Shit, I just derailed my own post and made it about me. LOL 

The point still stands however, some times fear takes over when your going to put yourself in a position to feel much pain.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-32374-1460394967-2.gif]

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: anigif_enhanced-32374-1460394967-2.gif]

Ninja

You do know that M.E. is my first and last initials? LOL 

Strange how shit works.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Question: why does it seem like people are so much higher on this guy than they are  Trayveon Williams? Didn’t Williams lead the SEC in rushing one year?

Is it fair to say Anderson is much better if both are fully healthy? I see Anderson’s average is slightly higher (6.4) than Williams (6.0), but it’s also way less games.

Because Williams totally sucked in preseason last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Question: why does it seem like people are so much higher on this guy than they are  Trayveon Williams? Didn’t Williams lead the SEC in rushing one year?

Both have good numbers. Williams could have a breakout year if given the chance. However, he is more of a ST guy last year. He's been working hard in the offseason and feels he can make an impact. TC will tell how that goes because ZT will give him a chance if he earns it.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because Williams totally sucked in preseason last year.

Didn’t our entire offense though? I remember a lot of wishful thinking that it was just ZT dialing up extremely vanilla play calls and whatnot, and we all saw how that turned out until pretty much the end of the season.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t our entire offense though? I remember a lot of wishful thinking that it was just ZT dialing up extremely vanilla play calls and whatnot, and we all saw how that turned out until pretty much the end of the season.

Didn't Anderson flash a lil bit in the preseason though... Not to get all Ryan Finley Gaga, but Williams just seemed to run into the line and fall down. Of course Mixon looked like garbage for long stretches last year too before coming on strong; so who knows?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A healthy Anderson is a starter level player, in my book. Of course, that is assuming he is anywhere close to where he was, physically.

God I hope not.. Anderson has only proven that he is always hurt. the other two meh.... 
Reply/Quote