Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rookie Minicamp
(05-14-2021, 11:18 AM)pally Wrote: they finally announced the UDFA class....all names previously leaked with no new additions

P    Drue Chrisman-The OSU
LB  Darius Hodge-Marshall
WR Riley Lees-Northwestern
TE Pro Wells- TCU
CB Antonio Phillips- Ball State
RB Pookie Williams-Kansas

Right now that leaves them at 81 guys on the roster with up to 90 allowed at camp

Well, I think there are some camp invites as well. Robinson, O'Grady, the QB from Syracuse (Dungey?).
Reply/Quote
For me, I'd like to see Robinson shine. 4.28 is legit deep speed. He can return kicks. He played some RB. We do not have a waterbug/speed return guy on the team and also could use a backup slot guy.

He is tiny, so durability is a concern.

Hoping he or Lees claims that spot instead of having to spend on a FA like Westbrook.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't just casually convert guys to FB successfully. Mentality is much more important than size/weight/hands when it comes to FB. Takes a certain type to be a good FB, hence why Orson Charles was never a good answer. Heck, that's even true for pass blocking RBs. Gio isn't a big dude, but he still stonewalled blitzers better than guys 25% bigger than him.

Yes I know that, but Moss is a very willing blocker and good at it. OGrady might be too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:19 PM)TJ528 Wrote: If Chrisman doesn't make the Bengals roster, he'll never sneak through on the PS.  

He'll either be cut and then signed by another team because teams are always looking for special teams, or if he does sign to the PS then he'll be signed off the PS like other's we've put on the PS.  

I think Chrisman is good enough to unseat Huber as the punter on this team.  Question is the coaches willing to make that move. 

If the same roster rules apply this year as they did last year where they can bring guys off the PS for a game then if Chrisman produces I could see them keeping him on the active squad to protect him, much like they kept Bullock and Seifert all season last year.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:19 PM)pally Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't play football laying on your belly, son.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't just casually convert guys to FB successfully. Mentality is much more important than size/weight/hands when it comes to FB. Takes a certain type to be a good FB, hence why Orson Charles was never a good answer. Heck, that's even true for pass blocking RBs. Gio isn't a big dude, but he still stonewalled blitzers better than guys 25% bigger than him.

When we draft jermain Gresham he played FB most his first season i believe.   But yes not everyone has the mindset to take on blockers.. But those are the guys we need
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy but the 3 big guys are in the background of this vid? Looks like Trey Hill and Jackson Carman are healed up and working today.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, I think there are some camp invites as well. Robinson, O'Grady, the QB from Syracuse (Dungey?).

They are there for a tryout.  They are not on the roster as of yet

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Can't play football laying on your belly, son.  Hilarious

Lol is this the technique we are teaching? I can see why our run D has been suspect lol
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the thread for the updates. This feels normal (seeing minicamp video's again). Great to see.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
already putting in extra work

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: They are there for a tryout.  They are not on the roster as of yet

Being an upstate NY resident, I saw a lot of Dungey at Syracuse.....

If he makes the team... for the sake of this franchise, I hope he never gets off the practice squad Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 01:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Being an upstate NY resident, I saw a lot of Dungey at Syracuse.....

If he makes the team... for the sake of this franchise, I hope he never gets off the practice squad Ninja

Reply/Quote
Did we see them working Tyler Shelvin at returning kicks?
Reply/Quote
looks like a couple of they try outs were successful

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:16 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
Breaking: Penei Sewell tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss rookie mini-camp..... Ok, let's hear it Team Chase.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:19 PM)pally Wrote:

OK, I was a wide receiver and not a DT, but I don't think this is right... LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For me, I'd like to see Robinson shine. 4.28 is legit deep speed. He can return kicks. He played some RB. We do not have a waterbug/speed return guy on the team and also could use a backup slot guy.

He is tiny, so durability is a concern.

Hoping he or Lees claims that spot instead of having to spend on a FA like Westbrook.

Jimmie Robinson is the same size as Pooka Williams.
Robinson - 5'8", 175 lb
Pooka - 5'8, 175 lb

Robinson has 4.28 speed whereas Pooka has 4.38.

Robinson has a lot of KR experience and success (29.2 avg on 55 attempts with 4 TD in 2018-2019), but he really wasn't that good of a WR on a team that played in the MEAC, which is very weak competition. He did rush for 536 yards on 63 attempts (8.5 avg) in 2018-2019.
Meanwhile, Pooka has also been good on KRs (24.6 avg on 18 attempts with 1 TD), and he's been a dynamic rusher and receiver at RB in the Big 12.
No way could Pooka play RB in the NFL, but I think he can easily make the transition to slot and gadget WR while also doing ST. Maybe same with Robinson.

Should be interesting to see if either Robinson or Pooka makes the roster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 06:47 PM)Yogo Wrote: Breaking:  Penei Sewell tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss rookie mini-camp.....  Ok, let's hear it Team Chase.

wish him a quick recovery
Reply/Quote