Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Out For Week 1 & 2
(09-07-2017, 09:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:
Yep. It remains to be seen if ANY of the rookies skills translate to games...even Mixon.

I tend to think that Lawson and Mixon's skills will translate...but it's definitely an unknown.

I'll be more concerned about the Ross pick if he misses another string of games this year. If he returns Week 3 and plays 14 games, I'll be happy.

True for all draft picks including guys who are supposed can't miss stars (not just starters) like Myles Garrett who had an injury filled college career and now injured again and won't play any snaps in week 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True for all draft picks including guys who are supposed can't miss stars (not just starters) like Myles Garrett who had an injury filled college career and now injured again and won't play any snaps in week 1.

Funny how so many want to label Ross as being an "injury-prone" guy but no one put that label on Garrett, eh?

Same with Mike Williams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Foster would have been my pick.....but it is what it is.  I hope Ross can at least play 10 games....and make the impact we need to take the top off of the defense.  Time will tell.....

EDIT....I wouldn't have been opposed to Cook there either....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, an injury to Ross that keeps him out for maybe two games is worth all the crap the guy is receiving?  He isn't to blame for previous 1st round selection issues.  Nor is he responsible for 26 years without a playoff win, but he just might be a part of what changes that fortune.  I am 100% behind the guy.  

Nice post.  +rep   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 12:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Foster would have been my pick.....but it is what it is.  I hope Ross can at least play 10 games....and make the impact we need to take the top off of the defense.  Time will tell.....

EDIT....I wouldn't have been opposed to Cook there either....

So u wanted us to take a guy drafted over 20 picks later or a guy we could have got with our 2nd rounder at 9.  Perfect.  Makes sense. I can see why your so salty with Ross missing a week or 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:50 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Nice post! I'm behind him also!  :andy:

hes so fast most defenses will be behind him too
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 05:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes so fast most defenses will be behind him too

I wish injuries were behind him. 
Reply/Quote
Ross practiced today
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:25 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I wish injuries were behind him. 

Very true, but all these players are 1 injury away.....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: Mixon is our top pick. We can forget about Ross. Him being 'out" will be a headline we'll see a lot of the next couple years. Everyone knew Ross was a reach and risk given his inability to stay healthy.

Interesting how many people see the ***** future.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He is going to be good opposite of AJ Green. Now if the O line can give Dalton time. I like your chances way better against Baltimore than my team against Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: He is going to be good opposite of AJ Green. Now if the O line can give Dalton time. I like your chances way better against Baltimore than my team against Seattle.

And now they have Sheldon  Richardson too.  Scarier than they already were.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:12 PM)McC Wrote: And now they have Sheldon  Richardson too.  Scarier than they already were.

You pulling for us buddy lol?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:14 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You pulling for us buddy lol?

Of course.  I'll be pulling for you fifteen times this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:20 PM)McC Wrote: Of course.  I'll be pulling for you fifteen times this year.

Ill be pulling for you guys 17 times this year but not the 2 games you play against us, one this month and the other in the Superbowl. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:22 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Ill be pulling for you guys 17 times this year but not the 2 games you play against us, one this month and the other in the Superbowl. ThumbsUp

I stand corrected.  So, yes, make it seventeen.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:36 PM)McC Wrote: I stand corrected.  So, yes, make it seventeen.

Your first two games look like sure wins against Baltimore and Houston at home. You guys should easily win.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:57 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Your first two games look like sure wins against Baltimore and Houston at home. You guys should easily win.

Houston owns us.  We can't score on their D.  And now they have Watt back.

Reply/Quote
^Not to mention Watt just raised 22 million dollars for charity.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run.

Thinking Patriots tuck ruling over Oakland after 911 here.

Reply/Quote
I doubt Ross will be back game three. I expect him gone longer than that, with the way we treat injuries.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote