Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Out For Week 1 & 2
(09-06-2017, 10:49 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Ross is our top pick.  You can not start creating fake excuses to justify a bad pick. 

There was so much talent at the 9th pick this year - taking a player who cant contribute year 1 is inexcusable 

You can't justify calling him a bad pick before the first game of his rookie season. Even if he doesn't take a snap the first two games...it's a little early to decide anything about Ross.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Ross injury is tough, but I'm not sure where all this: "We should beat both teams (BAL, HOU) anyway." talk is coming from.

I get that we have both at home but I just don't understand where this confidence comes from considering both teams imo have better overall talent and Houston has a habit of treating us like their personal blowup doll even when the game is played on a short week (Thurs.) and they are the road team.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 04:21 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The Ross injury is tough, but I'm not sure where all this: "We should beat both teams (BAL, HOU) anyway." talk is coming from.

I get that we have both at home but I just don't understand where this confidence comes from considering both teams imo have better overall talent and Houston has a habit of treating us like their personal blowup doll even when the game is played on a short week (Thurs.) and they are the road team.

Yeah, but like my mom used to say, "**** your personal blowup doll long enough, and you'll get blisters."

It's time we gave them some blisters.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Using the Bengals Player Medical Status Translation Guide, it sounds like Ross will be out until Week 11.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 03:58 PM)Synric Wrote: You can't justify calling him a bad pick before the first game of his rookie season. Even if he doesn't take a snap the first two games...it's a little early to decide anything about Ross.

No doubt Synric. The people calling him a bad pick didn't like it in the first place.

(09-06-2017, 04:21 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The Ross injury is tough, but I'm not sure where all this: "We should beat both teams (BAL, HOU) anyway." talk is coming from.

We are home against the Ravens who we routinely match up very well with. Their O-line is banged up and so is their QB.

Fair enough about the Texans but their Offense also needs tons of work. This could be the game we get that gorilla off our
back like we should of last season if Bullock would of just made the kick. Not like these guys beat the crap out of us everytime.

It is usually a very close game. Low scoring with us having the edge Offensively, them Defensively right now.
Reply/Quote
All our other WRs are okay.... So we will be okay.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are home against the Ravens who we routinely match up very well with. Their O-line is banged up and so is their QB.

Fair enough about the Texans but their Offense also needs tons of work. This could be the game we get that gorilla off our
back like we should of last season if Bullock would of just made the kick. Not like these guys beat the crap out of us everytime.

It is usually a very close game.

Yeah, I am hoping for the best.  I do believe we will handle (for the most part) Baltimore, Houston though, man, I just have a gut feeling that they will continue to have our number.  We shall see.

Either way, can't wait for this season to get underway!
Reply/Quote

Houstons Defense is tough  but they have nothing on offense.

Ravens I'm not sure where this more talent talk is coming from  but ill believe it when I see it.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:03 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, I am hoping for the best.  I do believe we will handle (for the most part) Baltimore, Houston though, man, I just have a gut feeling that they will continue to have our number.  We shall see.

Either way, can't wait for this season to get underway!

Plus Houston should have Watt back, they will be tough on Defense but man that Offense has probs JT.

But DeShaun Watson is a rookie and could torch us like they usually do.

I could see us losing that one i guess then beating the Pack the week after and going 2-1 to start the season.

We always seem to beat the Packers but it will be tough in their place.

Most likely we win our first 2 and lose to the Pack this time around. Then Burfict is back and we can go on a run.

I just hope Pistons is wrong and they don't suspend him on his next big hit.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus Houston should have Watt back, they will be tough on Defense but man that Offense has probs JT.

But DeShaun Watson is a rookie and could torch us like they usually do.

I could see us losing that one i guess then beating the Pack the week after and going 2-1 to start the season.

We always seem to beat the Packers but it will be tough in their place.

Most likely we win our first 2 and lose to the Pack this time around. Then Burfict is back and we can go on a run.

I just hope Pistons is wrong and they don't suspend him on his next big hit.

Pistons is always wrong!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:03 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: They said a few hours after the game that it was minor, right?

2-3 weeks is a minor injury...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think what most of us don't like with Ross is we see it all the time...these guys do really well at the combine and shoot up the draft boards.

Ross did have a good college career and without the blazing 40 time was a high 2nd Round pick or maybe late 1st Round pick I'd say.

The injury issues are a huge concern. He was hurt a lot in college. He's been hurt so far in the Pros. When someone has a track record of that many injures...you can't just shrug it off and say he'll be healthy indefinitely.

I recall on Moving the Chains that at least 3 teams had him with a first round grade even before the combine.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: 2-3 weeks is a minor injury...

You're proving my point. Then why, 5 days after a minor injury, would they claim he 'avoided a season ending' injury.

It was known all along to never to be that dramatic or serous.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I recall on Moving the Chains that at least 3 teams had him with a first round grade even before the combine.

Well that certainly justifies a top 10 selection. When so many other team needs and talented players were available at 9
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:27 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: You're proving my point. Then why, 5 days after a minor injury, would they claim he 'avoided a season ending' injury.  

It was known all along to never to be that dramatic or serous.

Because most of the knee injuries players have been sustaining in the preseason have been major.  His was not, and the MRI confirmed it, thus 'avoiding' a major injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:29 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Well that certainly justifies a top 10 selection. When so many other team needs and talented players were available at 9

I agree Ross' injury history concers me but just out of curiosity who would you have drafted at 9 ?
- we didn't need a qb
- we drafted probably the best running back in the draft in the 2nd round
- we needed offense line help but this was an awful o-line draft no one even close to worth taking at 9
- OJ Howard is tough to pick when you have Eifert
- We needed help at WR, Davis and Williams ( who is already hurt) were taken.
- at DE you could make a case for us drafting Allen or Barret. However Allen had huge injury concerns and is more of a 3 technique DT in a 4-3 Defense which Geno plays. I will admit Barret had a great preseason and I wanted him a 9 but if Lawson and Willis pan out I'll be ok with it.
- We had a need at Linebacker and based of Ruben Fosters preseason highlights you could make a solid case for him at 9 but hindsight is 20/20 before the draft Foster had injury concerns plus a failed drug test.
- we didn't have a huge need a corner plus could any of us stomach the Bengals drafting another CB in the 1st round at 9 ? Just to probably sit on the bench his 1st year.
- at safety you could make an argument for Hooker at 9 , still think we need a ball hawk at safety not 100% sold on Williams even before the injury. Plus not sure the bengals would draft a guy at safety when their paying 2 guys starter money.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:03 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: This is my team & I wish him nothing but the best. Rock On 

But damn, our luck sucks. I should know that by now I guess. Shocked

So, an injury to Ross that keeps him out for maybe two games is worth all the crap the guy is receiving?  He isn't to blame for previous 1st round selection issues.  Nor is he responsible for 26 years without a playoff win, but he just might be a part of what changes that fortune.  I am 100% behind the guy.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wasn't expecting Ross to do much this year anyway.

Im down on Ross. I didnt love the draft pick at the time and I hate it even worse now. I hope he proves me wrong but I just cant see him being worth where we got him in the draft.

We LOOOOVE Willis and Lawson right now, right?  We LOOOOVE Jordan Evans, right?  We LOOOOVE Josh Malone, right?

How many games have they helped win over Ross right now...?

ZERO.

Give the kid the season to see who makes the biggest impact.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We LOOOOVE Willis and Lawson right now, right?  We LOOOOVE Jordan Evans, right?  We LOOOOVE Josh Malone, right?

How many games have they helped win over Ross right now...?

ZERO.

Give the kid the season to see who makes the biggest impact.  

Yep. It remains to be seen if ANY of the rookies skills translate to games...even Mixon.

I tend to think that Lawson and Mixon's skills will translate...but it's definitely an unknown.

I'll be more concerned about the Ross pick if he misses another string of games this year. If he returns Week 3 and plays 14 games, I'll be happy.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, an injury to Ross that keeps him out for maybe two games is worth all the crap the guy is receiving?  He isn't to blame for previous 1st round selection issues.  Nor is he responsible for 26 years without a playoff win, but he just might be a part of what changes that fortune.  I am 100% behind the guy.  

Nice post! I'm behind him also!  :andy:
Reply/Quote