Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Out For Week 1 & 2
(09-07-2017, 09:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: He is going to be good opposite of AJ Green. Now if the O line can give Dalton time. I like your chances way better against Baltimore than my team against Seattle.

This is part of the solution to having less time...He gets separation faster than just about anyone with his shiftiness.  

BTW, if anyone saw Kareem Hunt last night, maybe we give Mixon more of a look?  Wow...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awesome to see Ross already practicing

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Here's what I'm seeing here.

Group A: I like Ross!

Group B: Ross is going to be a bust! See examples A, B, C and D!

Group C:
Wasn't crazy about the Ross pick but it is what it is.

Why does group B feel like they constantly have something to prove?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 09:56 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's what I'm seeing here.

Group C:

Really none of the 3 groups know how he'll turn out. The future is unwritten.

I tend to think recurrent injury issues are a bit of an issue now...but we'll see. Tyreke Hill for the Chiefs would be a great weapon on this team. Ross could be that in time.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really none of the 3 groups know how he'll turn out. The future is unwritten.

I tend to think recurrent injury issues are a bit of an issue now...but we'll see. Tyreke Hill for the Chiefs would be a great weapon on this team. Ross could be that in time.

Agreed I wish people would keep that in mind more.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 10:35 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Agreed I wish people would keep that in mind more.

I don't get all the knee jerk reactions people have... it must be hitting them in the head too often lol..

Ross got hurt is gonna be out a few weeks.   Not a huge deal its not like we are devoid of receiving talent and he was suppose to be the GUY day 1.

How does that make him a bust I don't know lol..

Most WRs aren't gonna come out and be AJ green so I think that expectation for ross is unjust.     Ross will be a weapon for many years if we have to wait 2 more weeks its not the end of the world.
Reply/Quote
The big discrepancy for Ross among the fans is some fans have labeled him "injury prone" because of his previous college injuries and pulling a hammy at the Combine.
They have a big lack of confidence in his ability to stay healthy and feel that it was a bad pick because of his history.
The fans on his side point to how he played a full season at Washington on those surgically repaired knees and was dominant, so the ability is there.

But there are guys like Eifert who were not super "injury prone" at all in college yet have had numerous issues staying healthy in the NFL.
And on the flip side, there are players who had severe injuries in college but went onto having pretty good, healthy NFL careers. The one notable player that comes to mind for me is Willis McGahee.

And some have brought out the argument of "microfracture surgery is a ticking time bomb", yet there have been multiple high profile athletes across many sports who have had the surgery and been able to still play well after that surgery. Vontaze Burfict is one, as well as Steve Yzerman, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, and Amar'e Stoudemire.
Sure, there are players whose careers flopped after such injuries, but there's obvious evidence that players CAN recover from such injuries and surgeries.

The bottom line is that when it comes to injuries, you cannot predict whether a player is guaranteed to be injury-prone for the remainder of their professional career just because of some previous injuries, especially if those injuries happened before they started their professional career.

Just sit back, relax, and see how Ross's career pans out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The big discrepancy for Ross among the fans is some fans have labeled him "injury prone" because of his previous college injuries and pulling a hammy at the Combine.
They have a big lack of confidence in his ability to stay healthy and feel that it was a bad pick because of his history.
The fans on his side point to how he played a full season at Washington on those surgically repaired knees and was dominant, so the ability is there.

But there are guys like Eifert who were not super "injury prone" at all in college yet have had numerous issues staying healthy in the NFL.
And on the flip side, there are players who had severe injuries in college but went onto having pretty good, healthy NFL careers. The one notable player that comes to mind for me is Willis McGahee.

And some have brought out the argument of "microfracture surgery is a ticking time bomb", yet there have been multiple high profile athletes across many sports who have had the surgery and been able to still play well after that surgery. Vontaze Burfict is one, as well as Steve Yzerman, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, and Amar'e Stoudemire.
Sure, there are players whose careers flopped after such injuries, but there's obvious evidence that players CAN recover from such injuries and surgeries.

The bottom line is that when it comes to injuries, you cannot predict whether a player is guaranteed to be injury-prone for the remainder of their professional career just because of some previous injuries, especially if those injuries happened before they started their professional career.

Just sit back, relax, and see how Ross's career pans out.

Munoz had 2 horrible knees coming out of college and did pretty well in the NFL  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 12:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Munoz had 2 horrible knees coming out of college and did pretty well in the NFL  Sarcasm

I was just going to say the samething. Munoz had wrecked knees and we drafted him, how'd that work out?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 12:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was just going to say the samething. Munoz had wrecked knees and we drafted him, how'd that work out?

Another good one. I never knew of Munoz's college injury history, as I hadn't been born yet. I was seven years old when he retired.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He was also a lineman. Ross's calling card is his speed and athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was also a lineman. Ross's calling card is his speed and athleticism.

knees are important to the big guys who are in a squatted position most the game...    Their knees probly take more punishment over the course of the career

Ross's knee injury is severely minor and wont perminately hurt either his speed or athleticism.
Reply/Quote
I didn't like the pick and i haven't said a word about the injury yet.

Reply/Quote
Gamesmanship by Marvin perhaps. Ross was asked after the game said he felt fine. Said something to the effect of not my call and was very vague concerning injury. Personally wouldn't surprise me if Ross plays and is productive. This whole "injury" has sounded fishy right from the very beginning.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Gamesmanship by Marvin perhaps. Ross was asked after the game said he felt fine. Said something to the effect of not my call and was very vague concerning injury. Personally wouldn't surprise me if Ross plays and is productive. This whole "injury" has sounded fishy right from the very beginning.

If John Ross plays this wknd, ill venmo you 500 dollars.  If he does not play, you venmo me $50.

Deal?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: knees are important to the big guys who are in a squatted position most the game...    Their knees probly take more punishment over the course of the career

Ross's knee injury is severely minor and wont perminately hurt either his speed or athleticism.

He's had microfracture surgery on one knee and a torn labrum that was repaired after the combine. Those aren't minor injuries.

Supposedly he was totally removed from some teams draft boards due to said injury concerns:
http://sportsnaut.com/2017/04/report-john-ross-off-draft-board-due-health-concerns/
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:42 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: If John Ross plays this wknd, ill venmo you 500 dollars.  If he does not play, you venmo me $50.

Deal?

He's practiced last 2 days. when he was supposed to be out until week 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 09:56 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's what I'm seeing here.

Group C:

Good question.  And we can't forget  "I'm not rooting for him to fail."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's had microfracture surgery on one knee and a torn labrum that was repaired after the combine. Those aren't minor injuries.

Supposedly he was totally removed from some teams draft boards due to said injury concerns:
http://sportsnaut.com/2017/04/report-john-ross-off-draft-board-due-health-concerns/

Wasn't the microfracture surgery something like three years ago?  And he played a whole season with the torn labrum.  Do guys play whole seasons and score 17 TD's if the injury is that major?

Time will tell if they were right or not.  Anthony Munoz was an injury risk coming out because of his knees.  How many games did he miss?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 06:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is part of the solution to having less time...He gets separation faster than just about anyone with his shiftiness.  

BTW, if anyone saw Kareem Hunt last night, maybe we give Mixon more of a look?  Wow...

Except Marvin would have benched Hunt the whole game after that initial fumble. Luckily for the Chiefs, Marvin is not their HC.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote