Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Out For Week 1 & 2
(09-06-2017, 03:01 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Houston's already game planning against us, they're planning on starting TJ Yates.

Lol. If he starts I rescind my prediction
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 04:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.   If he starts I rescind my prediction

Yeah, I made sure to include a Yates disclaimer when I made my '16 record predictions.

Thankfully it looks like that won't be a problem this year. The Bills put him on the IR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here we go again..... Why can't his team select a 1st round pick that can get & stay on the field? And actually produce from day 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should beat both of those teams without him.

This.  We need Ross for Green Bay, though.  And I think on grass it is that much harder to stay with him on his cuts.  

It is a marathon, not a sprint, and if they can manage to overcome what is sure to be some "Poor Houston and their Hurricane Harvey" officiating, they should roll in to Green Bay 2-0.  Having Ross down the stretch will really help to soften defenses like pittsburg.  
Reply/Quote
Right now, Ced Ogbuehi is the biggest John Ross fan on the planet....Finally, someone else to whine about!

Ross will be a HUGE factor in our offense this year. Huge. After the season, I will eat all the crow you want if I am wrong, but until then GIVE THE GUY A GD CHANCE. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR TEAM.
Reply/Quote
Get well soon, Ross. Sucks to see his injury probe label brought with him to the NFL. But as they say, the best ability is availability.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, Ced Ogbuehi is the biggest John Ross fan on the planet....Finally, someone else to whine about!

Ross will be a HUGE factor in our offense this year.  Huge.  After the season, I will eat all the crow you want if I am wrong, but until then GIVE THE GUY A GD CHANCE.  THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR TEAM.

This is my team & I wish him nothing but the best. Rock On 

But damn, our luck sucks. I should know that by now I guess. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:54 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I think if we had drafted a 1st round pick that could actually play as a rookie, and contribute in NFL games, then yeah, we may have a better chance of winning games. 

This is a concept that seems foreign to some 

It's all about potential with first round picks, not immediate production (at least if you ask the Bengals). Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:03 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: This is my team & I wish him nothing but the best. Rock On 

But damn, our luck sucks. I should know that by now I guess. Shocked

It's not luck.

They drafted an injured player who also had three major knee surgeries in the last 30 months.

Luck has nothing to do with it. 27 years without a playoff victory isn't bad luck either. It's incompetence
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, Ced Ogbuehi is the biggest John Ross fan on the planet....Finally, someone else to whine about!

Ross will be a HUGE factor in our offense this year.  Huge.  After the season, I will eat all the crow you want if I am wrong, but until then GIVE THE GUY A GD CHANCE.  THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR TEAM.

And Bodine loves them both. Hilarious
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:23 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: In the last decade,  we are 1 and 6 vs the Texans 

Yeah I wouldn't say the Ravens or Texans are gimme wins for us. The Texans have our number.

We seem to own the Ravens though so should be a W.

Ross wasn't going to make a huge impact in these games anyways. He's hardly played in preseason games or practiced so far. He's going to take some time to work into the mix.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't expecting Ross to do much this year anyway.

Im down on Ross. I didnt love the draft pick at the time and I hate it even worse now. I hope he proves me wrong but I just cant see him being worth where we got him in the draft.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should beat both of those teams without him.

We wont beat the Texans but its not because Jon Ross is sitting, its because they are just better than us. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think what most of us don't like with Ross is we see it all the time...these guys do really well at the combine and shoot up the draft boards.

Ross did have a good college career and without the blazing 40 time was a high 2nd Round pick or maybe late 1st Round pick I'd say.

The injury issues are a huge concern. He was hurt a lot in college. He's been hurt so far in the Pros. When someone has a track record of that many injures...you can't just shrug it off and say he'll be healthy indefinitely.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is our top pick. We can forget about Ross. Him being 'out" will be a headline we'll see a lot of the next couple years. Everyone knew Ross was a reach and risk given his inability to stay healthy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: Mixon is our top pick. We can forget about Ross. Him being 'out" will be a headline we'll see a lot of the next couple years. Everyone knew Ross was a reach and risk given his inability to stay healthy.

Ross is our top pick.  You can not start creating fake excuses to justify a bad pick. 

There was so much talent at the 9th pick this year - taking a player who cant contribute year 1 is inexcusable 
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised they haven't IR'ed him. High pick, injury concerns and getting banged up in preseason before taking the season off.... that's pretty well how we roll these days.

I wasn't really planning on seeing Ross much this season anyway, so I don't think this will have a big impact. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the field until game four.
Reply/Quote
There was a lot of people on the board who were shocked and disappointed over the Ross pick.

Obviously they came around and hoped for the best, but you won't find many people who disagree with you. For pick number 9 a 6-9-1 team needed instant impact.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 11:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was a lot of people on the board who were shocked and disappointed over the Ross pick.

Obviously they came around and hoped for the best, but you won't find many people who disagree with you. For pick number 9 a 6-9-1 team needed instant impact.

Bengals organization to the fans:
[Image: c8d.png]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ahh Jeeez.. I guess nobody ever considered that all these guys are getting beat up by 250 lb overgrown monsters of human beings every game.. I find it astonishing that even kickers can make it through a full season without life threatening injuries much less a 180-190 pound guy who can run faster than everyone else..
I know..I'm a wimp. I would no sooner let someone like VB tackle me than I would climb inside a giant microwave oven and take a nap with a pissed off pit bull in it.. 
It's not as if these kinds of players just grow on trees. Just take a stroll down the isle at your nearest Walmart to see how out of shape most of the population of earth actually is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote