Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross didn't seem to be able to get seperation out there to me
It doesn't seem like his combine speed translates well to the games yet.

The blurbs we read about him were that he was still out of shape and may run a 4.2 on one play and then couldn't do it for a drive.

I think we're seeing why he hasn't been playing.

HOPEFULLY it's just a matter of getting back in shape...
Reply/Quote
How the hell can you be out of shape in the middle of the season?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
He's a damn bust I didn't want him I wanted Watson
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:50 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: How the hell can you be out of shape in the middle of the season?

Yeah...I think that's just the excuse they're giving. He's been doing individual practice and then team practice for a while now.

Guys do a lot of crazy things to have fast 40 yard dash times like losing a bunch of weight thus producing numbers that aren't what you'll actually get in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:52 PM)Igor Wrote: He's a damn bust I didn't want him I wanted Watson

You guys kill me. He’s had, what 7 snaps all seasons. Been thrown to twice all year? Nothing about this coaching staff and their history of handling first round draft picks makes me blame Ross. I guarantee he would at least be serviceable with any other coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:50 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: How the hell can you be out of shape in the middle of the season?

Because he was out injured for most of the off season, preseason, and the first 1/3 of the regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've said it many times. There's a reason JR is not getting a lot of PT and despite what folks want to believe; Marvin is not the reason why.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said it many times. There's a reason JR is not getting a lot of PT and despite what folks want to believe; Marvin is not the reason why.

Well, yes he is. Marvin is the reason why Ross isn't getting playing time...

But it does appear that Marv may have had better reasons than I thought. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You guys kill me. He’s had, what 7 snaps all seasons. Been thrown to twice all year? Nothing about this coaching staff and their history of handling first round draft picks makes me blame Ross. I guarantee he would at least be serviceable with any other coaching staff.

He played more than 7 snaps today...and he looks slow for whatever reason. The quotes from Ross and the coaches seem to indicate practice has went the same way. He just doesn't have speed to separate.
Reply/Quote
AJ was behind the DBs for a TD. Was well under thrown by our All Pro (peewee football) QB. Had to play DB to break up the int. No Falton also constantly misses high as well. Not good for a sub 6' wr.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said it many times. There's a reason JR is not getting a lot of PT and despite what folks want to believe; Marvin is not the reason why.

Agreed buddy. No way would the Bengals not play him if he was looking great in practice.
Reply/Quote
Not to mention when the head coach doesnt give the refs hell for missed/blown calls. Your team rarely gets them.

Looked like illegal contact to me on Ross' deep shot.

Marvin wont do shit about it though. Just let your players get screwed over and get so enraged they get thrown out.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if you guys noticed but he looked like he was limping off the field a bit after the one play.
Reply/Quote
Bengals final WR snap count:
A.J. Green 49
Brandon LaFell 48
Josh Malone 30
Alex Erickson 7
John Ross 6
Out of 51
Reply/Quote
From Jim O's Twitter:

#Bengals John Ross on the missed deep shot: said it was a great ball but he messed it up.
Reply/Quote

Exactly.  Either he's an idiot  who can't learn the playbook, his injuries are worse than reported, or both.  This being in football shape is b.s. in my opinion.  It's week 10.  Damn season is almost over.

FFS, Josh Gordon lead the damn league in yardage in 2013 running around out there high and drunk. 

Please, give me another stupid excuse why John Ross isn't contributing.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:43 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Exactly.  Either he's an idiot  who can't learn the playbook, his injuries are worse than reported, or both.  This being in football shape is b.s. in my opinion.  It's week 10.  Damn season is almost over.

FFS, Josh Gordon lead the damn league in yardage in 2013 running around out there high and drunk. 

Please, give me another stupid excuse why John Ross isn't contributing.

He hasn't been able to practice since he has been drafted until recently. He has to be given time to be ready I don't get why people can't see this. It's not an overnight thing either for a WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He hasn't been able to practice since he has been drafted until recently. He has to be given time to be ready I don't get why people can't see this. It's not an overnight thing either for a WR.

So you think the shoulder surgery prevented him from running on his own?

The knee injury happened after the Texans Game.

Plus, he's allowed to learn the playbook and receive coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He hasn't been able to practice since he has been drafted until recently. He has to be given time to be ready I don't get why people can't see this. It's not an overnight thing either for a WR.

Well, hopefully a few more "overnights" and he'll learn not to stop on his one route that was called for him.  Or was that because he's not in football shape yet?  Or something else?

Bust.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bengals final WR snap count:
A.J. Green 49
Brandon LaFell 48
Josh Malone 30
Alex Erickson 7
John Ross 6
Out of 51

Wait a minute,  he got six snaps and based on this, you wrote the book on him?  Wow, you are extraordinary.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote