Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster is in!
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-keep-3-rookie-WRs-hope-Peerman-or-Jackson-can-return/ac826ab5-95bf-4b4b-bc40-fa60a8ebe96a
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A very young and exciting new WR group.
Reply/Quote
Ack! When did Hardison get injured!?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: A very young and exciting new WR group.

Hardison move surprised me, but it was for the best as I felt he would be cut otherwise.

The article also misled me for a moment into thinking LaFell had been cut, as he was not mentioned in the receiver section of the actual article.  Once I got to the positional breakdown I realized he was retained.

Overall I expected everything else...
Reply/Quote
Our cornerback corps concerns me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Kinda bummed/concerned about the Hardison injury thought he would help our pass rush out a lot this year. depth is kinda scary from a push rush perspective at DL considering hunt hasn't showed up this year or any for that matter.
Reply/Quote
With 2 more spots opening up tomorrow with Peerman and WJ3 going on some form of IR, I have to assume DT/DE and CB are priorities for picking up released players from other teams. Sucks to lose Hardison for the season.

CBs:
Zach Sanchez
Dee Millner
Pierre Desir
B.W Webb

DT/DE:
Brandon Daedrick
Louis Nix
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:47 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Ack! When did Hardison get injured!?

Preseason game 3, shoulder.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: With 2 more spots opening up tomorrow with Peerman and WJ3 going on some form of IR, I have to assume DT/DE and CB are priorities for picking up released players from other teams. Sucks to lose Hardison for the season.

CBs:
Zach Sanchez
Dee Millner
Pierre Desir
B.W Webb

DT/DE:
Brandon Daedrick
Louis Nix

Milliner fits the love of 1st round CB's. I really liked Sanchez in the draft last year, I'd try to pick him up.
Reply/Quote
So with peerman and Jackson on the 53 for now does that mean we put one on IR return and let the other (probably peerman) ride inactive on the roster till healthy?
Reply/Quote
The weakest the roster has been for some time in my mind, a lot of inexperience and injuries.

Reply/Quote
Defense line is a huge issue.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So with peerman and Jackson on the 53 for now does that mean we put one on IR return and let the other (probably peerman) ride inactive on the roster till healthy?

Possibly, but I think it is more likely that both go on IR.  Whoever becomes healthy first gets to come back, but this way we don't have to choose until that time.
Reply/Quote
The Hardison injury hurts us a lot.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Possibly, but I think it is more likely that both go on IR.  Whoever becomes healthy first gets to come back, but this way we don't have to choose until that time.

Is that how it works? I thought you had to designate them as ir return when you put them on
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Hardison injury hurts us a lot.

I disagree.

From the end position, I saw nothing better than we are getting from Hunt or Clake.

From the inside, he definitely showed improvement over last season, but not enough that I would be comfortable with him getting significant snaps.

As I said earlier, I think IR is for the best.  He gets another year to improve and we don't have to cut the cord.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is that how it works? I thought you had to designate them as ir return when you put them on

This is the first year without the designation part.  As long as you go on IR after the final 53 is set, one guy who has been on the list for at least 8 weeks can be returned.
Reply/Quote
The Hardison move is significant. Hopefully Sims can hold up another year. We'll need him more this year than last.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I disagree.

From the end position, I saw nothing better than we are getting from Hunt or Clake.

From the inside, he definitely showed improvement over last season, but not enough that I would be comfortable with him getting significant snaps.

As I said earlier, I think IR is for the best.  He gets another year to improve and we don't have to cut the cord.

thats a stretch!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is the first year without the designation part.  As long as you go on IR after the final 53 is set, one guy who has been on the list for at least 8 weeks can be returned.

Cool thanks for the info, makes more sense that way. 
Reply/Quote