Poll: Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
Stains
Ratbirds
Tie
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 -- Do we root for the Stains or the Ratbirds?
Win out and win the division, and it makes no difference what ANY of the other teams do!

Is this franchise capable of that?

I'd say absolutely they are 'capable'.  Will it happen?  Time will tell.

Control your own destiny.

I know who the Ratbirds are in reference to, but, again, I (Myself personally) do not acknowledge 'Stains', disrespecting the name of the great PB? I could care less that the original team moved to Baltimore, because the current team in Cleveland CHOSE, regardless of the circumstances, to continue to use his name!

Just like a few in here find the 'B' word, reprehensible, when used as a noun to describe the Bengals when they lay an egg!   Wink
Reply/Quote
I agree. When we make fun of the name “Browns” we’re making fun of our own founder. It makes us sound very ignorant.

Granted I tend to find all of Bengaldom’s choice nicknames pretty ridiculous and embarrassing. I would love it if all of these just ceased to be:

Stains
Turds
Clowns
“If it’s brown flush it down”
Ratbirds
Baltiwhore
Squealers
Stealers
Pukesburgh
Shitsburgh
etc the various others I haven’t included.

The problem isn’t that they’re “offensive”. Indeed they’re not offensive at all. They’re so unbelievably stupid that nobody could be offended. Is anyone here offended by “Cintucky”? I mean what are we, 7 years old? It’s so pathetic. Get better puns at the very least.
Reply/Quote
A couple of weeks ago, my wife asked me who I wanted to win between the Browns and Ravens. It was up in the air, like this game, there's benefits for both of them losing. I told her I didn't have a huge preference but I wanted them to both to look terrible, and they did, Browns lost, Lamar threw four interceptions. I'm in the same boat this week. It helps a little with the perception of the Bengals when the other AFCN teams don't play as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 12:16 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I agree. When we make fun of the name “Browns” we’re making fun of our own founder. It makes us sound very ignorant.

Granted I tend to find all of Bengaldom’s choice nicknames pretty ridiculous and embarrassing. I would love it if all of these just ceased to be:

Stains
Turds
Clowns
“If it’s brown flush it down”
Ratbirds
Baltiwhore
Squealers
Stealers
Pukesburgh
Shitsburgh
etc the various others I haven’t included.

The problem isn’t that they’re “offensive”. Indeed they’re not offensive at all. They’re so unbelievably stupid that nobody could be offended. Is anyone here offended by “Cintucky”? I mean what are we, 7 years old? It’s so pathetic. Get better puns at the very least.

Well, you seem fun.
Reply/Quote
Gotta root against the Ravens. They did suffer a massive injury against the Steelers in losing Humphrey, so I think the chances of them fading into the background is relatively high, so we may need to start rooting against the Browns down the line, as they will probably be our biggest competition for the AFCN crown if the Ravens do fade away now that Humphrey is down.

But for now, gotta assume Baltimore continues their in-game lucky streak and stays relevant. So they need to keep losing until further notice :).
Reply/Quote
Browns, I think we beat them the next time around anyways.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Browns, I think we beat them the next time around anyways.

Guess I'm not that confident we're going to pull that off.  It'll be January 9th, with Cleveland's backs to the wall for a playoff spot, or even challenging for the division, with them having one of the most potent running games in the league, with maybe 30 mph icy winds blowing in off the lake and our passing game somewhat neutered.   Not to mention we'll be in a stadium full of their fans, and this after they already curb-stomped us once. That's not impossible, but damn it's going to be a tall order.  

We have a better chance of beating the Ravens here to even up our record with theirs than going down to the wire week 18 in Cleveland, I believe.  In the meantime, we need Cleveland to take every L they can before we ever show up on the lake.  My .02.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 04:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Guess I'm not that confident we're going to pull that off.  It'll be January 9th, with Cleveland's backs to the wall for a playoff spot, or even challenging for the division, with them having one of the most potent running games in the league, with maybe 30 mph icy winds blowing in off the lake and our passing game somewhat neutered.   Not to mention we'll be in a stadium full of their fans, and this after they already curb-stomped us once. That's not impossible, but damn it's going to be a tall order.  

We have a better chance of beating the Ravens here to even up our record with theirs than going down to the wire week 18 in Cleveland, I believe.  In the meantime, we need Cleveland to take every L they can before we ever show up on the lake.  My .02.

I think we make it personal after what they did to us in our place and that game was closer then the score indicated.

We just can't let Chubb or their backs have those big runs like the one they had in the last game and we cannot give up the big 
plays like we did. If Chase makes a few of those big catches in that game we would of been right in it. A lot of things went perfect
for them in that game and about everything that could go wrong went wrong for us.

I understand the respect for that team though, but we ARE a good run stopping team and I think we will make that known the 
next time we play them. Have to split with the Browns, have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 04:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Guess I'm not that confident we're going to pull that off.  It'll be January 9th, with Cleveland's backs to the wall for a playoff spot, or even challenging for the division, with them having one of the most potent running games in the league, with maybe 30 mph icy winds blowing in off the lake and our passing game somewhat neutered.   Not to mention we'll be in a stadium full of their fans, and this after they already curb-stomped us once. That's not impossible, but damn it's going to be a tall order.  

Just win out and win the division!  What difference does it make what other teams do?  They will play to their capabilities because this is, after all, the Bengals and not the other team?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 11:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Win out and win the division, and it makes no difference what ANY of the other teams do!

I know who the Ratbirds are in reference to, but, again, I (Myself personally) do not acknowledge 'Stains', disrespecting the name of the great PB? I could care less that the original team moved to Baltimore, because the current team in Cleveland CHOSE, regardless of the circumstances, to continue to use his name!

Just like a few in here find the 'B' word, reprehensible, when used as a noun to describe the Bengals when they lay an egg!   Wink

When "The Browns" fired Paul Brown, his name went with him IMO. The remaining name of the team no longer refers to him, it refers to the Stains in their shorts.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we make it personal after what they did to us in our place and that game was closer then the score indicated.

We just can't let Chubb or their backs have those big runs like the one they had in the last game and we cannot give up the big 
plays like we did. If Chase makes a few of those big catches in that game we would of been right in it. A lot of things went perfect
for them in that game and about everything that could go wrong went wrong for us.

I understand the respect for that team though, but we ARE a good run stopping team and I think we will make that known the 
next time we play them. Have to split with the Browns, have to.

Agreed, and if we can pull that off we're in good shape.   And, it's probably easier to do than my imagination is making it. PTSD maybe from our last encounter with them.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When "The Browns" fired Paul Brown, his name went with him IMO. The remaining name of the team no longer refers to him, it refers to the Stains in their shorts.

Truth lol  Hilarious

(12-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Agreed, and if we can pull that off we're in good shape.   And, it's probably easier to do than my imagination is making it.  PTSD maybe from our last encounter with them.

I getcha, but I think it will be much different the next time around. Mayfield cannot always play great against us and we are a 
good run stopping team if we are healthy up front. Losing Logan hurts though, I hope what Pally is hoping and that us not 
putting Logan on IR means he will be back sooner than we think. Have to stop the run to beat them, we can do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 06:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just win out and win the division!  What difference does it make what other teams do?  They will play to their capabilities because this is, after all, the Bengals and not the other team?  Nervous

It does matter because it is less realistic for a team ie Bengals to win all their games and more realistics of  a team losing couple games as we end the season, so in that case Browns beating Ravens helps us more...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When "The Browns" fired Paul Brown, his name went with him IMO. The remaining name of the team no longer refers to him, it refers to the Stains in their shorts.

Opinion are like a-holes. Everyone has one.  The name was named AFTER PB and will always stand unless they change it.

I truly can't believe the cancel culture hasn't changed it AND Black Friday!  Racist as both of them are!  Cool  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It does matter because it is less realistic for a team ie Bengals to win all their games and more realistics of  a team losing couple games as we end the season, so in that case Browns beating Ravens helps us more...

This franchise doesn't need help.  
Reply/Quote
Yes, it would be the Browns. Maybe their bye week helped them heal up a bit. The final game of the year could be a hyper-intense dogfight, but it could also be a rest-starters game for the Bengals prepping for a playoff game. That's why this season is so fascinating, but I swear I'm gonna vomit for two weeks straight if the NFL somehow fixes a Brady versus Belichick Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
If we don’t get our act together ASAP we might just miss the playoffs.

We can beat anyone in the NFL but we need to play like we are able.

This “still asleep” or “let’s start trying in the 3rd Q” offense that shows up from time isn’t gonna cut it against the teams remaining on our schedule.

I have this bad feeling the last game of the season determines who gets in, the Bengals or the Stains.

Playing at Cleveland, in January, against their run game - no bueno.
Reply/Quote
Browns, best if the Ravens outright lost more games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The brown's coaches found a way to annihilate us last time, I hope the chargers games wasn't the update blueprint they needed for the next scheme the'll plan against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 11:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Win out and win the division, and it makes no difference what ANY of the other teams do!

If they win out, my expectations would be higher than 2015. Probably an all time high, considering the remaining schedule. The Bengals would be the talk of the AfC and Probably the #1 or #2 seed..
Reply/Quote