Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 5 is Tycen Anderson-Safety
Another DB. Bengals are loading up at Draft DB's. Well, they play 2 LB's or sometimes just 1 LB. Zac likes DB's on the field to cover all the pass options, but able to tackle on run plays.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nice pick, this guy can be brought along as he develops, and be a STs Ace in the meanwhile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We traded up for a special team player... at least he is fast.

Reply/Quote
Another sub 4.4 40 time DB, I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We traded up for a special team player...  at least he is fast.

They needed to restock the DB depth, after the starters the shelf was getting empty.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Secondary overkill at this point. I'd like to see a TE, or another depth piece at LB, or another OL.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They needed to restock the DB depth, after the starters the shelf was getting empty.

I dont disagree, not sure trading up was necessary and Bo Melton was available... WR4/Returner 4.3 forty

Reply/Quote
Well they got DBs who can fly, that’s for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:04 PM)kevin Wrote: Another DB.   Bengals are loading up at Draft DB's.   Well, they play 2 LB's or sometimes just 1 LB.   Zac likes DB's on the field to cover all the pass options, but able to tackle on run plays.

The NFL Network analyst said Tycen Anderson will be a linebacker in the NFL. He said already bulked up to LB size. 

Edit: Although I understand from another poster that he was well below an LB weight at the combine two months ago. But, passing on what the NFL Network analyst said quite confidently.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree, not sure trading up was necessary and Bo Melton was available... WR4/Returner 4.3 forty

There are still viable back of the roster WRs out there, draft isn't over yet.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Patrick Chung was my comp on him. Two time captain ,Highly Athletic, with plus length at 33 inch arms. Lined up in slot, Box, LB, overhang, and post safety. Also a monster on special teams.

Good Pick who can do multiple things.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well they got DBs who can fly, that’s for sure.

Chasing down Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson four times a year? Oh yes! Give me the fastest secondary on the planet!
Reply/Quote
Tycen Anderson is a FS prospect in the 2022 draft class. He scored an unofficial 9.64 RAS at the Combine out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 29 out of 788 FS from 1987 to 2022. https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21090&pos=FS… #RAS via
@Mathbomb
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't like this. We have other needs. I like Bates but if your gonna do this trade him pre-draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: The NFL Network analyst said Tycen Anderson will be a linebacker in the NFL. He said already bulked up to LB size. 

That would slow him down a little but he would still be a blazing fast LB!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:16 PM)M.W. Wrote: That would slow him down a little but he would still be a blazing fast LB!

If that’s the case, then good. Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson aren’t exactly easy to run down.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:11 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Secondary overkill at this point. I'd like to see a TE, or another depth piece at LB, or another OL.

UDFAs, keep an eye out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
More investment into the TE killer concept. Can't complain about getting him this late. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:11 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Secondary overkill at this point.  I'd like to see a TE, or another depth piece at LB, or another OL.

They signed 3 Free Agent TE's plus still have Sample and others.  TE is not as weak as some think.  They loaded up on that in Free Agency.  I wouldn't mind a late round RB. Every College has a star RB. If Mixon gets hurt, I would like more options at RB Depth. Running the ball would cut down on Burrow getting clobbered.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Using him as a linebacker as suggested now makes more sense.... we could of used another player this year once Logan got hurt.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote