Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-12-2015, 02:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're not even open minded to the idea of being open minded.   LMAO

Obviously on abortion, I'm not open-minded. 

When I was discussing me being open-minded, I wasn't referring to abortion, OBVIOUSLY. 

I was speaking in general. 

That's obviously a tough concept to grasp for some, for whatever reason.  
(08-12-2015, 02:16 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Do you seriously not believe that your opinion trumps mine here?

You've spent what, 3 pages arguing this with me, but don't believe that your opinion is superior to mine?

Want to know what the difference is, IMO?

My opinion has led to the death of 0 babies.  0.  That's why I believe my opinion and morals are superior.  

Have I tried to impose my opinion on you against your wishes because I believe my morals are superior to yours?  No, I haven't.  You've read what? Three pages and you still don't realize that?

My opinion has led to the death of 0 babies, fetuses, or embryos.  My wife and I did do IVF and not all of the blastocysts survived.  I guess by your reasoning someone is guilty of murder.
(08-12-2015, 02:03 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote:  

I was asking for the pro-abortion crowd's take on the matter 

Pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.
(08-12-2015, 02:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have I tried to impose my opinion on you against your wishes because I believe my morals are superior to yours?  No, I haven't.  You've read what? Three pages and you still don't realize that?

No, you've spent 3 pages telling me that I have no right to believe that my opinions and morals are superior to those of others. 

Others that I assume are those that have chosen abortion.
(08-12-2015, 02:39 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Obviously on abortion, I'm not open-minded. 

When I was discussing me being open-minded, I wasn't referring to abortion, OBVIOUSLY. 

I was speaking in general. 

That's obviously a tough concept to grasp for some, for whatever reason.  

So you're open minded except when you're not.  Thanks for the clarification.
(08-12-2015, 02:49 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote:  

You assume incorrectly
(08-12-2015, 02:37 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: How much would my morals be worth if I were to change them often and/or replace them with the morals of others?

As I stated a couple of posts ago, my opinion and morals on abortion have led to the death of exactly ZERO babies.  

How much are your morals worth now?
(08-12-2015, 02:47 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.

He believes it is and covered it about 3-4 pages ago.
(08-12-2015, 02:47 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.

Sure it does. 

What's the difference?  Rhetoric? 

When we're discussing the issue of choice, we're really discussing abortion, are we not? 
(08-12-2015, 02:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you're open minded except when you're not.  Thanks for the clarification.

That sums it up rather well, I'd opine.  
(08-12-2015, 02:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How much are your morals worth now?

To me?  Quite a lot, if that's what you mean. 
(08-12-2015, 02:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He believes it is and covered it about 3-4 pages ago.

Yeah, "pro-choice" was the term that the PC police chose because it sounds less barbaric, grotesque, and offensive than "pro-abortion". 

The only "choice" involved is what place will pony up the most dough for the baby body parts.  
(08-12-2015, 02:16 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: My opinion has led to the death of 0 babies.  0.  That's why I believe my opinion and morals are superior.  

And mine has led to the death 0 babies. 0.  I'd say our opinions  and morals are equal.
(08-12-2015, 02:49 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, you've spent 3 pages telling me that I have no right to believe that my opinions and morals are superior to those of others. 

Opinions are like assholes.  Your's stinks and I don't want to see it.  You can believe anything you want.  You don't have a right to impose your morals on others against their wishes just because you believe your morals are superior . . . for the same reasons you don't want Sharia law imposed upon you.

GMdino is one individual who is anti-abortion, but pro-choice.  You are wrong to assume he has chosen abortion.  Your morals are not superior to his.
(08-12-2015, 02:59 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Sure it does. 

What's the difference?  Rhetoric? 

When we're discussing the issue of choice, we're really discussing abortion, are we not? 

Of course we're discussing abortion, were you confused? 

Again just because someone is pro-choice does not mean they are "pro-abortion".
(08-12-2015, 03:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Opinions are like assholes.  Your's stinks and I don't want to see it.  You can believe anything you want.  You don't have a right to impose your morals on others against their wishes just because you believe your morals are superior . . . for the same reasons you don't want Sharia law imposed upon you.

GMdino is one individual who is anti-abortion, but pro-choice.  You are wrong to assume he has chosen abortion.  Your morals are not superior to his.

I didn't say that everyone that is pro-choice has chosen abortion.  I'm saying that IMO anyone that votes for pro-choice candidates are supporting and enabling it. 

If that offends whomever votes that way, I don't really care.  
(08-12-2015, 03:04 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yeah, "pro-choice" was the term that the PC police chose because it sounds less barbaric, grotesque, and offensive than "pro-abortion". 

Or...maybe the term "pro-abortion" was chose to sound more barbaric, grotesque and offensive than "pro-life"?
(08-12-2015, 03:09 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Of course we're discussing abortion, were you confused? 

Again just because someone is pro-choice does not mean they are "pro-abortion".

So when a woman goes to an abortion clinic, does she tell the staff that she needs a choice?

Which makes me think, why don't they call it a "choice clinic"?  
(08-12-2015, 03:01 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: To me?  Quite a lot, if that's what you mean. 

Can you buy a cup of coffee with them?  If you changed your morals would you only be able to afford the small coffee instead of the large? Are your morals valuable to anyone other than you?  I wouldn't give you a penny for your morals.
(08-12-2015, 03:13 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Or...maybe the term "pro-abortion" was chose to sound more barbaric, grotesque and offensive than "pro-life"?

Oh yeah, I couldn't imagine anything more offensive than telling someone that you are "pro-life". 

I literally cringed just typing those horrible and awful words together like that.   Rolleyes