Rule the Jungle
"KING OF THE JUNGLE!"

[Image: 390b65d9f6585b7504e0aa3a446b81e4--king-l...e-book.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "KING OF THE JUNGLE!"

[Image: 390b65d9f6585b7504e0aa3a446b81e4--king-l...e-book.jpg]

Is that the Governor of Tennessee?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 04:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only problem is...without football, what is there to do in the fall/winter?

I sit here all spring and summer and read about people wanting to hurry up and get the season started and i'm like **** that, i've spent a lot of time putting a pool and bigass deck in my back yard for a nice little at home getaway. I want the damn warm/hot weather to draaaaaaaag on. 

I can accept it being over right now, because it means football season is starting. Without the Bengals, i'd have to try rooting for some other team but the enjoyment (for me) just wouldn't be the same. 

Hockey, basketball, visit breweries, go on hikes.
Plenty of things.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 07:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hockey, basketball, visit breweries, go on hikes.
Plenty of things.

Don't forget practicing Karate in the garage.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 07:47 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Rule the Jungle y'all. Wtf is wrong with the FO trying to build hype around the new team and culture they are building? We have Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, Jamar Chase, etc, etc. Do you root for Mike Brown on Sundays or for the players you love to watch play? Because showing up at games and cheering the team on is supporting the players and other fans first and foremost. It's sad this needs pointed out, but cheering actually works. The 12th man is real. A packed stadium full of Bengal fans will in fact better our odds of winning at home. More hype and fan interaction is good especially for younger fans. It can really make the whole experience more exciting and memorable.

What would Joe Burrow's take be on this? Would he be like "well we dont need a packed house because our history of losing, it wouldnt be helpful anyway, its just marketing from the FO, blah blah debbie downer". Fk no he wouldnt think that. He would probably think more like "get off your butt and support us players every Sunday because it helps create a winning atmosphere and we want every angle we can have to win."

We all have right to our opinions and if ppl think its cheesy thats fine, but the bottom line is that cheering works. It just does. That's all.

The Bengals needing cheers to win would explain why we almost never beat the Steelers.  Those fans and towels are too hard to beat.  
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 10:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals needing cheers to win would explain why we almost never beat the Steelers.  Those fans and towels are too hard to beat.  

More true than people realize

https://www.insider.com/nfl-games-without-fans-players-react-2020-9

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1885183-how-does-the-12th-man-really-affect-nfl-games

https://www.topendsports.com/psychology/crowd-noise.htm#:~:text=Effect%20of%20Crowd%20Noise%20on%20Sports%20Teams&text=The%20pressure%20to%20constantly%20perform,would%20make%20most%20think%20otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 10:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: More true than people realize

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1885183-how-does-the-12th-man-really-affect-nfl-games

https://www.topendsports.com/psychology/crowd-noise.htm#:~:text=Effect%20of%20Crowd%20Noise%20on%20Sports%20Teams&text=The%20pressure%20to%20constantly%20perform,would%20make%20most%20think%20otherwise.

Teams like Seattle and KC definitely have an advantage at home. We otoh have to be one of the easiest places for road teams to play.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 10:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: More true than people realize

I knew it was our fault.  We should be ashamed for what we did to Akili Smith. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Teams like Seattle and KC definitely have an advantage at home. We otoh have to be one of the easiest places for road teams to play.

So did New England...well, when Tom Brady was there at least. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 07:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hockey, basketball, visit breweries, go on hikes.
Plenty of things.

(07-21-2021, 07:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Don't forget practicing Karate in the garage.

I put it on a tee and you both swung and missed...  Sad

"We're going to have fun," Wyche said at one point. "There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done besides worrying about a football game."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I put it on a tee and you both swung and missed...  Sad

"We're going to have fun," Wyche said at one point. "There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done besides worrying about a football game."

I wasn't around when Wyche was the coach, so that's why I missed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wasn't around when Wyche was the coach, so that's why I missed.

Man. The things you missed...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 04:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Man. The things you missed...

Yep. My first real memory of the Bengals was during the Lost Decade lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 04:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Man. The things you missed...

Exactly!!!!

Reply/Quote
more on the new game day experience (and yes that hopefully includes winning)

1) players will run out of a tunnel complete with smoke blowing tigers
2) new lighting system
3) 25x25 "ruler of the jungle" stage with the Suspension bridge as the backdrop. Stage will be used for pregame ceremonies, anthem, presentations, etc
4) pregame Jungle Zone is moving to the yard of the new Icon Music Center
5) more black and orange to be displayed in the stadium
6) improved graphics and display on the jumbotron
7) fireworks for every touchdown and celebrations for interceptions and other big plays

https://www.bengals.com/news/new-jungle-beckons-for-bengals-gamedays

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 11:07 AM)pally Wrote: more on the new game day experience (and yes that hopefully includes winning)

1)  players will run out of a tunnel complete with smoke blowing tigers
2) new lighting system
3) 25x25 "ruler of the jungle" stage with the Suspension bridge as the backdrop.  Stage will be used for pregame ceremonies, anthem, presentations, etc
4) pregame Jungle Zone is moving to the yard of the new Icon Music Center
5) more black and orange to be displayed in the stadium
6) improved graphics and display on the jumbotron
7) fireworks for every touchdown and celebrations for interceptions and other big plays

https://www.bengals.com/news/new-jungle-beckons-for-bengals-gamedays

Elizabeth is on it. The more exciting and fun she can make it, the more people will want to go to a least a couple of games a year.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Elizabeth is on it. The more exciting and fun she can make it, the more people will want to go to a least a couple of games a year.

Ultimately, it's up to the team to do better to get fans in seats.  As a PA guy I can tell you that the Pittsburgh Pirates have an awesome stadium and fireworks and gimmicky fun stuff in between innings, concerts after games, giant jumbotron stuff, and so on and so forth and people who attend those games seem more interested in who wins the perogi race rather than the game itself.  Then again, the Pirates haven't won a playoff series in 29 years, so thems the breaks.  I can also name all of the perogi mascot racers and roughly 0 players who played for the Pirates in the past decade.

Good on Elizabeth, but geez this stuff is still 20+ years behind schedule compared to other professional sports franchises.  I'm not trying to be negative so much as I'm a little intrigued that people are so blown away that the Bengals have finally reached the year 2001 in terms of stadium bells and whistles.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Elizabeth is on it. The more exciting and fun she can make it, the more people will want to go to a least a couple of games a year.

Yep. Some people are poo-pooing the fan experience thing but the fact is, teams have to do something to make the experience more enjoyable than sitting in front of their 60" 4k flatscreen with much cheaper food and drinks only a room away, while being totally out of the elements. 

The other fact of the matter is, the team needs to win or none of that matters.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 04:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. Some people are poo-pooing the fan experience thing but the fact is, teams have to do something to make the experience more enjoyable than sitting in front of their 60" 4k flatscreen with much cheaper food and drinks only a room away, while being totally out of the elements. 

The other fact of the matter is, the team needs to win or none of that matters.

I 100% agree. Both if those things matter and aren't mutually exclusive.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 04:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I 100% agree. Both if those things matter and aren't mutually exclusive.

And i can't really think of a proper adjective to describe the three decades of MB, when you consider that his father was able to field competitive SB appearing teams while his great granddaughter is able to come up with ways to make the experience of attending a football game more fun. 

It's like he's a black hole of any kind of talent or imagination. 

Reply/Quote