Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rush Limbaugh has died at 70
When I was in my 20's I had a job that involved a lot of driving.  I was fresh out of working in radio and didn't want to listen to music so I would listen to talk radio.  Lots of local (Pittsburgh) stuff and Limbaugh.  I always thought his bits and stuff were funny even when I didn't agree with his views/opinions.

Then he got bitter and mean.

(As an aside I liked Glenn Beck's radio show too...then he went crackers, and not just politically.)

Limbaugh changed talk radio and the political world.  I'd say for the worse but he was a force nonetheless.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
no comment
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I respect many conservatives, but not Limbaugh. He was just a nasty ass hole.

I own a few of his designer neckties, but I bought them all second hand off Ebay.
Reply/Quote
I liked him. Haven’t listened for a few years because I just got tired of it all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good f***ing riddance.
Reply/Quote
One less.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I respect many conservatives, but not Limbaugh. He was just a nasty ass hole.

I own a few of his designer neckties, but I bought them all second hand off Ebay.

Can’t swear on it but I think that money went to charity anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: no comment

You don’t actually have to say “no comment” if nobody directs a question at you. You can just literally not comment. LOL

Reply/Quote
Bless his heart.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I listened and watched his show in the 90s. He was funny and made a good point. I do t know if he was trying to stay relevant or just got sour as he aged, but he created a lot of hate towards the end. I dont wish his passing, but I am glad there's less vitriol and anger out there.
Reply/Quote
Never speak ill of the dead. Only good.
Rush Limbaugh is dead.

Good

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I listened and watched his show in the 90s. He was funny and made a good point. I do t know if he was trying to stay relevant or just got sour as he aged, but he created a lot of hate towards the end. I dont wish his passing, but I am glad there's less vitriol and anger out there.

His "AIDS UPDATE" bit was before he got old and was simply one of the single worst things that have ever occurred on the airways. He has always been a hateful piece of crap, he started toning back a bit as his popularity grew but he just cared less about hiding it as he aged.
Reply/Quote
Surprised that he was just 70. He has been on the radio since back in the mid 80's.
Reply/Quote
One of my RWNJ friends always praised his impact. To shut him up, I always mentioned to him, "You do realize that his TV show (92-96) was so revolting that it pretty much got Bill Clinton elected . . . TWICE!"

The conversation topic always seemed to change very quickly after that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Aaahhhhhhh, the tolerant left...........................unless you disagree with them.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don’t actually have to say “no comment” if nobody directs a question at you. You can just literally not comment. LOL

no comment 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Aaahhhhhhh, the tolerant left...........................unless you disagree with them.

Limbaugh was an abrasive, divisive personality.  He's going to inspire strong feelings even in his death.

Add to that that he was horribly disrespectful of anyone who disagreed with him and you will get a wide range of responses to his passing.

Also look for lots of his worst takes to be brought back up.

But that has nothing to do with the "tolerant left".  It has to do with decent people who saw him as indecent and now one less voice of vitriol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Limbaugh was an abrasive, divisive personality.  He's going to inspire strong feelings even in his death.

Add to that that he was horribly disrespectful of anyone who disagreed with him and you will get a wide range of responses to his passing.

Also look for lots of his worst takes to be brought back up.

But that has nothing to do with the "tolerant left".  It has to do with decent people who saw him as indecent and now one less voice of vitriol.

I can’t think of anyone I wish dead or would be glad they are dead because of what they said. Yeah I think people like child murderers should die, but even then I don’t celebrate. And people do take a lot (not everything) he said out of context. They didn’t realize who is actual targets were.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t think of anyone I wish dead or would be glad they are dead because of what they said. Yeah I think people like child murderers should die, but even then I don’t celebrate. And people do take a lot (not everything) he said out of context. They didn’t realize who is actual targets were.

Honestly, I didn't really spend much energy thinking about Limbaugh. He was a garbage human being who did more to divide this country than many people realize. He wasn't worth my energy to think about most of the time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I didn't really spend much energy thinking about Limbaugh. He was a garbage human being who did more to divide this country than many people realize. He wasn't worth my energy to think about most of the time.

Well that’s really how it should have been for people who didn’t like him. There are people I really don’t like so I pay zero attention to them. I will mostly be ambivalent when they die.

Reply/Quote