Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
Fox

CNBC

NBC

Putin recognized two Moscow backed separatist regions in eastern Ukraine and has began moving troops into these regions. Sanctions have started coming down, beginning with the cut off of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.
Reply/Quote
Guess we're about to find out about that inflation over 10%.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm no political scholar, but what good are sanctions against a political leader who won't suffer himself and can't be voted out of office?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 12:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm no political scholar, but what good are sanctions against a political leader who won't suffer himself and can't be voted out of office?

From the little I know about it Putin basically gets everything he has from the country and if it collapses so would he.

Personally I feel that just wants to create chaos to try and hurt the US and it's allies.  He understands that the American people don't want any kind of stress in their own lives so if he can create news stories about war, fear of further inflation, fear of higher gas prices, etc. then he "wins".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I have a bad feeling about this. Haven’t legitimately feared of nuclear war in my life. This feels different.

If this goes well for them I see China going after Taiwan soon.

I have my doubts sanctions will end this. Violence might be the only thing the guy who has consistently poisoned and killed adversaries understands. F Putin
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 01:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have a bad feeling about this. Haven’t legitimately feared of nuclear war in my life. This feels different.

I have my doubts sanctions will end this. Violence might be the only thing the guy who has consistently poisoned and killed adversaries understands. F Putin

Idk what to think about it but I'm with you.  If he succeeds in taking pieces of the Ukraine with minimal resistance beyond sanctions, why would he stop there?  Poland and the Baltic states have to be pretty nervous right now.  

Putin seems either very sure that the West has no stomach for war, or is determined to provoke it until they do.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone find the irony of Putin claiming he believes Ukraine is building nukes in a nod to our go to pretext for invading a country?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did anyone find the irony of Putin claiming he believes Ukraine is building nukes in a nod to our go to pretext for invading a country?

Especially when Ukraine voluntarily surrendered their nuclear weapons when the Soviet Union collapsed.  But that would require a knowledge of past events that many people seem to lack.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 05:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Especially when Ukraine voluntarily surrendered their nuclear weapons when the Soviet Union collapsed.  But that would require a knowledge of past events that many people seem to lack.

Nothing Putin said in his speech detailing his reasoning was based in reality, I just thought the whole use of that line was a very thinly veiled shot at us.
Reply/Quote
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-ukraine/

[/url]
Quote:Trump praises Putin's 'genius' plan to invade Ukraine: 'You gotta say that’s pretty savvy'

David Edwards
February 22, 2022
 [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-ukraine/&text=Trump%20praises%20Putin%27s%20%27genius%27%20plan%20to%20invade%20Ukraine%3A%20%27You%20gotta%20say%20that%E2%80%99s%20pretty%20savvy%27&] [/url]   

[Image: russian-president-vladimir-putin-and-us-...height=551]

US President Donald Trump and Russia's President Vladimir Putin shake hands during a meeting on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Hamburg, Germany, on July 7, 2017 (AFP).

[url=https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-ukraine/#yappa-comments-frame]
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called Vladimir Putin a "genius" after the Russian president made moves to take over parts of Ukraine.

Trump made the remarks during an interview with conservative podcaster Buck Sexton.

"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" Trump recalled. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine -- Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."
"I said, 'How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. "And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy."

Trump added: "But here’s a guy that says, you know, 'I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,' he used the word 'independent' and 'we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.' You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad."

Watch the video clip below.

Yet he say Biden did nothing.

I guess he's right.  Biden didn't even praise Putin.
Reply/Quote

[Image: FMOj0PMXoAIZYsM?format=png&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 06:24 PM)GMDino Wrote:

[Image: FMOj0PMXoAIZYsM?format=png&name=large]

Traitor
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 06:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Traitor

There has been a lot of right wing admiration for Putin starting in the Obama era.  I think the propaganda for Biden to get his ass kicked and a Trump/Flynn ticket to save us is going to gain steam. 

As bleh as Biden is, he's not bad at the foreign policy thing, but reality ain't gonna rule the day. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 01:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have a bad feeling about this. Haven’t legitimately feared of nuclear war in my life. This feels different.

Oh, I wholeheartedly believe China will be going after Taiwan after this. I'm actually surprised at how much people are shrugging their shoulders and going "Eh it's not that serious".
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 06:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Traitor

(02-22-2022, 06:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There has been a lot of right wing admiration for Putin starting in the Obama era.  I think the propaganda for Biden to get his ass kicked and a Trump/Flynn ticket to save us is going to gain steam. 

As bleh as Biden is, he's not bad at the foreign policy thing, but reality ain't gonna rule the day. 

Eh, it's really a dig at how impotent Biden has been in all of this.  Like it or not, Putin specifically waited to do this until Trump was out of office.  Note, I am not saying that Trump is some foreign policy genius, but he is vain and unpredictable.  Putin would have zero idea how Trump would react to this move, the possibilities range from a shrug of the shoulders to all out war.  Biden is predictable and, regardless of how you perceive him, is perceived by Putin and Xi as a weak old man.  The timing of this is absolutely planned.

Lastly, it's certainly not brilliant planning on Putin's part, it's literally the Sudetenland playbook to a tee.

(02-22-2022, 06:57 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Oh, I wholeheartedly believe China will be going after Taiwan after this. I'm actually surprised at how much people are shrugging their shoulders and going "Eh it's not that serious".

Absolutely, it's a dark day and I really feel for the people of Ukraine and Taiwan.  To have freedom wrested from you and be placed under the yoke of the garbage governments in Russia and China is terrible to contemplate.  Too bad Europe, overall, is an impotent mess without the military strength to defend their own countries, much less a weaker neighbor.
Reply/Quote
I perceive Biden as a boring politician and i perceive Trump as someone who admires and supports Putin.

I think Putin also knows if he defies Biden Trump and his crew will support Russia.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I perceive Biden as a boring politician and i perceive Trump as someone who admires and supports Putin.

Cool.  As previously stated, that, sadly, doesn't change how the two dictators view him.

Quote:I think Putin also knows if he defies Biden Trump and his crew will support Russia.

It may be a concern, but certainly not a major one.  Honestly, unless your goal is to attack Trump it doesn't matter at all.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cool.  As previously stated, that, sadly, doesn't change how the two dictators view him.

It may be a concern, but certainly not a major one.  Honestly, unless your goal is to attack Trump it doesn't matter at all.

Well Trump controls one of our two major parties at the moment, so it goes beyond my feelings, doesn't it?

I'd gladly be wrong on this one. Just interesting thinking of a world war with a third of Americans pulling for the other side, in a sense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well Trump controls one of our two major parties at the moment, so it goes beyond my feelings, doesn't it?

I'd gladly be wrong on this one. Just interesting thinking of a world war with a third of Americans pulling for the other side, in a sense. 

That actually is interesting to think about. What if WW3 does break out and now we have one of the two major political parties headed by a man who is antagonistic to our allies? In all seriousness, this could keep us out of the war unless they directly attack us which is the only thing that would unify the nation against them. At least I hope it would unify the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well Trump controls one of our two major parties at the moment, so it goes beyond my feelings, doesn't it?

OK, I will start by owning that Trump's hold on the GOP is greater than I thought it would be post presidency.  That said, I think you're overstating it and three years is a very long time, especially when you're speaking about politics.

(02-22-2022, 07:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That actually is interesting to think about. What if WW3 does break out and now we have one of the two major political parties headed by a man who is antagonistic to our allies? In all seriousness, this could keep us out of the war unless they directly attack us which is the only thing that would unify the nation against them. At least I hope it would unify the country.

I honestly think that such an event would make this a moot point.  I can't see even Trump supporting Russia/China in a world war.  I find it more likely he'd criticize the current administration for being too weak.  Hopefully we don't ever find out the answer to this.
Reply/Quote