Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ryan Kerrigan Visiting
Ryan Kerrigan visiting today. IMO would be a great rotational and pass rusher. I believe he still had around 5ish sacks last year despite not being the starter. Would likely rotate with Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
That is the type of veteran rotational rusher I’ve been waiting for. A guy who has been elite in the league but now is a rotational piece. Hopefully we get him and he can teach Hubbard and Hendrickson a thing or two...while producing a bit.
Reply/Quote
Please please please
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 07:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: That is the type of veteran rotational rusher I’ve been waiting for. A guy who has been elite in the league but now is a rotational piece. Hopefully we get him and he can teach Hubbard and Hendrickson a thing or two...while producing a bit.

And which ever day 3 pass rusher they draft. They've been doing their homework on them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 07:52 AM)Synric Wrote: And which ever day 3 pass rusher they draft. They've been doing their homework on them.

Yea, that is kind of my thought is they probably aren't touching rusher early if they don't have to. 
Reply/Quote
Kinda seems like Lou is wearing the pants around the stadium
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kinda seems like Lou is wearing the pants around the stadium

He is getting a lot of value guys after Hendrickson. I think in reality it comes down to protecting a young QB by not making him score 40 every game or throw 50 times. If they have a defense that can hold teams under 20 more often you have an opportunity to limit your QB from having to press constantly. You also keep Mixon more involved in games if you aren't losing by 3 scores.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: He is getting a lot of value guys after Hendrickson. I think in reality it comes down to protecting a young QB by not making him score 40 every game or throw 50 times. If they have a defense that can hold teams under 20 more often you have an opportunity to limit your QB from having to press constantly. You also keep Mixon more involved in games if you aren't losing by 3 scores.

Yeah i said somewhere One way to protect burrow is to protect the scoreboard so he doesnt have to do as much
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah i said somewhere One way to protect burrow is to protect the scoreboard so he doesnt have to do as much

I would feel more comfortable if we had a capable DC running the ship with this crew, but I do think we have a solid DB core with everyone healthy. Our LBs are an unknown at this point and just hopeful wish that they make a good jump from last year. Line is still big question, Kerrigan helps that, but probably turns from bad to just okay.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:18 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would feel more comfortable if we had a capable DC running the ship with this crew, but I do think we have a solid DB core with everyone healthy. Our LBs are an unknown at this point and just hopeful wish that they make a good jump from last year. Line is still big question, Kerrigan helps that, but probably turns from bad to just okay.

Lou had more solid games than Taylor so far

Solid DBs help DL hit home by keeping recievers covered.
Reply/Quote
With all these additions on defense and possibly adding Kerrigan, it seems this draft could be offense heavy.
Reply/Quote
There should be a contract already wrote up for Kerrigan to sign before he gets off the plane
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I like Kerrigan, and for the right money, would be a nice rotational piece to get after the QB.

He is a high motor guy that is savvy as a pass rusher and could be a nice piece.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Trademark Wrote:

He lost his starting job, but with limited playing time still had 5.5 sacks. Hopefully they can come to an agreement that works for both. I am always liked his energy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He lost his starting job, but with limited playing time still had 5.5 sacks. Hopefully they can come to an agreement that works for both. I am always liked his energy.

Also worth noting he didn’t lose his job to a couple of scrubs. Granted Washington drafted two young guys to replace him but he got booted down the depth chart by two first round studs in Chase Young and Montez Sweat. He’d be a great addition to our D at the right price
Reply/Quote
DE is one of our thinnest spots. After Hubbard & Hendrickson, Khalid Kareem would be our #3 DE. Yikes.

I'd prefer Aldon Smith (baggage issues aside), but Kerrigan makes a ton of sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:54 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: DE is one of our thinnest spots. After Hubbard & Hendrickson, Khalid Kareem would be our #3 DE. Yikes.

I'd prefer Aldon Smith (baggage issues aside), but Kerrigan makes a ton of sense.

That's why this would be such a nice signing. Then a draft pick would only have to be our #5 DE. Building some quality depth at a high priority position. 
Reply/Quote
For the right money it’d be a good signing

I am going to go head and call this one because I can almost guarantee no one is offering the play time we are.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'd be open to it. I also like the idea of poking around Justin Houston. Both are 32 and probably rotational pieces at this point, but we could use the pass rush help.
Reply/Quote