Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
S Nick Scott official visit
Nick Scott formerly of the Rams is paying an official visit to Cincinnati today per Garafolo

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:23 AM)pally Wrote: Nick Scott formerly of the Rams is paying an official visit to Cincinnati today per Garafolo

Here is a Rams analysis of Scott. A former Penn State running back who transitioned to safety, drafted by the Rams in 7th round of 2019, and became a full-time starter (free safety) last year. Has only been playing the position a few years. PFF rating last year was 54, but, again, he has not played safety that many years.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-free-agency-nick-scott-preview-prediction/
Reply/Quote
Would think he would be reasonably priced.

Have not followed Rams enough to form an opinion, but will trust Lou's judgement
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Seems like a backup/depth move more than a starter to replace Bell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems like a backup/depth move more than a starter to replace Bell.

Let's hope...FO has earned my trust
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems like a backup/depth move more than a starter to replace Bell.

I dunno.
He was a full-time starter last year, so I could see him potentially being one in CIN too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Rams wire expects him to get $12 million over 3 years. Don't think they would give that kind of money to a backup or special teamer. The Bengals may see that he is on an upward trajectory and can be a starter. He did start this last year for the Rams.
Reply/Quote

Right Hill takes a step forward...  Someone has to fill in behind.. Plus Scott has STs experience i believe and thats always a need
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would think he would be reasonably priced.

Have not followed Rams enough to form an opinion, but will trust Lou's judgement

I live in LA and watched alot of Rams and Bengals games....Scott is a beastly hitter and has good ball skills...this would be a great under the radar signing IMO 
Reply/Quote

There's chatter out there that Taylor Rapp scored better by PFF but Nick Scott was the better safety in LA. I haven't seen much Nick Scott but I do know Taylor Rapp is a box safety that isn't very fast but a heady run defender that makes good tackles. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not the safety from the Rams I was thinking was on the radar..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I really don't know anything about this guy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
IDK, seems a touch underwhelming and a step down from Bell. Was hoping for Love.

But what do I know.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:33 AM)Synric Wrote: There's chatter out there that Taylor Rapp scored better by PFF but Nick Scott was the better safety in LA. I haven't seen much Nick Scott but I do know Taylor Rapp is a box safety that isn't very fast but a heady run defender that makes good tackles. 

Looking at the back of the card so to say, PFR has him as allowing a 118.5 QB Rating in coverage (79.3% completion) and having a 10.4% missed tackle rate. Obviously they can't be 100% accurate because there might be instances where a guy wasn't his responsibility and they have no way of knowing, but that would be an awful lot of missed judgements needed to erase all of that. If you put any stock into Goodberry's evaluation, he has Rapp as his 80th FA this offseason, and Scott isn't in the top 120.

Reply/Quote
This is one of those cases where Bell wasn't the ideal public fit when we signed him but they went that route and it worked out. Could be another situation where they like something specific here for what they want to do. Scott does have more range than Bell and so I wonder with the way Lou was playing a lot of late rotation last year if he likes the idea of Hill and Scott being able to do late rotations and get depth. Hill had a 4.38 40 and Scott a 4.43 40 so that would be a lot of speed in the backend, which for make up purposes is helpful.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Looking at the back of the card so to say, PFR has him as allowing a 118.5 QB Rating in coverage (79.3% completion) and having a 10.4% missed tackle rate. Obviously they can't be 100% accurate because there might be instances where a guy wasn't his responsibility and they have no way of knowing, but that would be an awful lot of missed judgements needed to erase all of that. If you put any stock into Goodberry's evaluation, he has Rapp as his 80th FA this offseason, and Scott isn't in the top 120.

Joe Goodberry's list thing is going straight off PFF and I'm not arguing the statistics. Its more due to area of responsibilities and the state of the Rams defense last year. Like I said I don't know this is mostly from Rams reddit people I haven't watched him myself but will if he's signed. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Looking at the back of the card so to say, PFR has him as allowing a 118.5 QB Rating in coverage (79.3% completion) and having a 10.4% missed tackle rate. Obviously they can't be 100% accurate because there might be instances where a guy wasn't his responsibility and they have no way of knowing, but that would be an awful lot of missed judgements needed to erase all of that. If you put any stock into Goodberry's evaluation, he has Rapp as his 80th FA this offseason, and Scott isn't in the top 120.

Yeah, i just looked it up on PFF and he has 12.8 and 13.3% miss percentages the last 2 years and 106.5 passer rating against last year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Could be a misfit maybe in our eyes in how he was used. The Rams play a ton of Match 4 and cover 3 but rarely any cover 1. We on the other hand play a bunch of Match 3 and cover 1. Match 3 and 1 compliment each other really well and it allows for things to look the same but play different. It could have been he wasn't built for Match 4 which does require the safety and the CB's to be on point in exactly how they play each formation because the safety is working inside out on his checks.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe Goodberry's list thing is going straight off PFF and I'm not arguing the statistics. Its more due to area of responsibilities and the state of the Rams defense last year. Like I said I don't know this is mostly from Rams reddit people I haven't watched him myself but will if he's signed. 

Yeah, I admittedly don't watch non-Bengals games anywhere near as much as I used to.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe Goodberry's list thing is going straight off PFF and I'm not arguing the statistics. Its more due to area of responsibilities and the state of the Rams defense last year. Like I said I don't know this is mostly from Rams reddit people I haven't watched him myself but will if he's signed. 

I have mentioned the guy I know who works as a defensive analyst for the Chiefs before here. He was mentioning the other day that their secondary was a mess partially because Jalen Ramsey just free roamed half the time doing whatever he wanted schematically which would leave others out to dry. He said that was one of the reasons Ramsey did not bring the haul people thought he would, he basically decides when he wants to play in and out of scheme. 
Reply/Quote