Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(10-02-2015, 01:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Enough about me. 

I see you are not assuming superiority again. 

If you think "assuming superiority" consists of being intellectual honest and not intentionally deceiving people then yes.
(10-02-2015, 01:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said he was trying to protect anyone?

I see you failed to give your opinion of Huckabee making his meetings so well known

Yes, because Huckabee carries the same political and "moral" clout as the pope.  I love it when you're desperate.
(10-02-2015, 01:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you think "assuming superiority" consists of being intellectual honest and not intentionally deceiving people then yes.

Yes, because Huckabee carries the same political and "moral" clout as the pope.  I love it when you're desperate.

There you go again.

So would you use honesty to describe Huckabee's meetings with Davis?

I seem to recall you're earlier words.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2015, 01:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There you go again.

So would you use honesty to describe Huckabee's meetings with Davis?

I seem to recall you're earlier words.  

Honest, yes, repugnant and opportunistic, but honest.  If you feel I've claimed otherwise please illustrate how.
(10-02-2015, 01:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Honest, yes, repugnant and opportunistic, but honest.  If you feel I've claimed otherwise please illustrate how.

Nope just making sure you were steady with the making sure a meeting between clergy and a citizen can be described as honest and if the clergy chooses not to make the meeting public then it is cowardice.

At least you are consistent. 

(10-02-2015, 01:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your naivete is touching and sad at the same time.

As is your cynicism.

And coming from me that says something.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-02-2015, 02:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope just making sure you were steady with the making sure a meeting between clergy and a citizen can be described as honest and if the clergy chooses not to make the meeting public then it is cowardice.

At least you are consistent. 

Clergy, rofl.  The pope is simply just another member of the clergy.  Rolleyes

(10-02-2015, 07:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: As is your cynicism.

And coming from me that says something.  ThumbsUp

I'm certainly a cynic, but I'm certain I'm correct in this instance.  The current pope is an intelligent, slick PR man and that's the only difference between him and Herr Ratzinger.
(10-02-2015, 10:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Clergy, rofl.  The pope is simply just another member of the clergy.  Rolleyes

I'm certainly a cynic, but I'm certain I'm correct in this instance.  The current pope is an intelligent, slick PR man and that's the only difference between him and Herr Ratzinger.

Of course you're correct...you said so.  Mellow

I'm sure your personal bias has nothing at all to do with your opinion.   However I'll just think/hope you're wrong and leave it at that.  Rock On
(10-02-2015, 10:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Clergy, rofl.  The pope is simply just another member of the clergy.  Rolleyes

So your assertion is that the Pope should make public every visit he has?

How far do you really want to travel down this road?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/pope-francis-kim-davis-meeting-vatican-explains-214357

The Vatican has said that the meeting wasn't an endorsement of Davis and that she was one of many people in a farewell receiving line at the embassy. Claims that the ambassador picks the people who are there, not Francis.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-02-2015, 10:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The current pope is an intelligent, slick PR man and that's the only difference between him and Herr Ratzinger.

I agree, but if he's using that PR power to convince even a few of the numbskulls in this country to rethink their positions on things like climate change, I'm at least semi-happy about it. You have to be pragmatic about people who have imaginary friends.
(10-02-2015, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So your assertion is that the Pope should make public every visit he has?

How far do you really want to travel down this road?

If everything he does is the lords work then I don't know why he should be ashamed of any of it.

I could understand if the person that he met with wanted to keep it a secret.  But in this case the only reason i can see for the Pope trying to distance himself from Davis is that he does not really support what she did.
(10-02-2015, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If everything he does is the lords work then I don't know why he should be ashamed of any of it.

I could understand if the person that he met with wanted to keep it a secret.  But in this case the only reason i can see for the Pope trying to distance himself from Davis is that he does not really support what she did.

Who suggested he was ashamed of it?

(10-01-2015, 11:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because she has far more supporters in Kentucky than detractors.    And they would never be able to impeach her.

Then she needs to be sent back to jail.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-02-2015, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who suggested he was ashamed of it?

His hiding it even happened until it was exposed?
(10-02-2015, 11:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: His hiding it even happened until it was exposed?

Considering the number of people now alleged to have been there, perhaps the point was to not make a big deal out of 2 of a dozen or more who were invited by his staff. He "hid" his meeting with a gay former student until he had to balance to PR with the Davis fallout.

Or he could have been annoyed once he saw Davis was invited and didn't mention any of it because he wanted to avoid the media attention to something he didn't have control over. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-02-2015, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who suggested he was ashamed of it?

The Vatican officials who initially refused to even acknowledge that he had met her.
(10-04-2015, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Vatican officials who initially refused to even acknowledge that he had met her.

Or like I said before: maybe they just thought it wasn't really anybody's business; however, a liberal with an agenda has been known to try to make a mountain out of a mole hill in the past.

Remember when O'Riely lied about his military correspondence or Ben Carson performed research on fetuses? 

(10-04-2015, 07:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or like I said before: maybe they just thought it wasn't really anybody's business; however, a liberal with an agenda has been known to try to make a mountain out of a mole hill in the past.

Remember when O'Riely lied about his military correspondence or Ben Carson performed research on fetuses? 

Yes.  Because those happened.

But also maybe because the lady with an agenda had press release sent out by her spokesperson.

https://www.lc.org/newsroom/details/pope-francis-met-privately-with-kim-davis-and-encouraged-her-to-stay-strong-1
(10-04-2015, 07:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or like I said before: maybe they just thought it wasn't really anybody's business; however, a liberal with an agenda has been known to try to make a mountain out of a mole hill in the past.

Remember when O'Riely lied about his military correspondence or Ben Carson performed research on 
Kim Davis was the one who boastfully released the news about her and the Pope's "meeting". Nice try.
Carson's hypocrisy is a legitimate topic.
(10-04-2015, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  Because those happened.

But also maybe because the lady with an agenda had press release sent out by her spokesperson.

https://www.lc.org/newsroom/details/pope-francis-met-privately-with-kim-davis-and-encouraged-her-to-stay-strong-1

(10-04-2015, 07:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Kim Davis was the one who boastfully released the news about her and the Pope's "meeting". Nice try.
Carson's hypocrisy is a legitimate topic.

Ooohh.... you guys think I'm trying to defend Davis. I am not.