Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
But...year 3 is coaches peak year!
Reply/Quote
I'm as guilty as anyone of crapping on Anarumo, but IMO if Taylor stays, he should, too. He's kept his relatively undermanned unit playing hard most of the time, and tbh, they've looked better than they should. Unless they get a proven, big-name DC, I'm fine with Lou remaining. If what we've seen from them of late is true momentum and not a mirage, then it might be a bit backward to bring in a new guy to change it up. I guess you could say I'm 50/50 on replacing him.

I want Turner gone. He sucks. If we bring in high draft picks on the line, he's the last guy I want coaching them up. Never should have been here in the first place.

I'd like to see someone brought in to put some heat on Zac if he can't get it together in year 3. They need an ex-HC that can step in and manage a roster/locker room both to help him and to serve as potential replacement if the dead-cat-bounce fails to carry over. Simmons is wonderful and all, but I want someone more experienced.

Zac is getting the classic Bengal Way patience and a 3rd year. That's what it is. I don't think they should let him feel too comfortable, though. He needs to know that minus some real progress in terms of actual wins, he's on a short leash.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3834622]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 07:00 PM)J24 Wrote: If you're going to make that many major steps then just start all over again. This team needs a new start.

This....

He couldn't pull any good assistant coaches before anybody had seen how bad he was gonna be. What's he gonna do now?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 08:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3834622]

The haters gonna hate hate hate hate....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I wonder if a guy like Wade Phillips would be interested? Maybe someone who's looking to get back into the league with no designs of becoming a head coach. I feel like having someone like him on staff would be beneficial to someone like Zac. I saw the Raiders were interested, as well.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Time to clean house. Drastic measures need to come in place.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
The assistant locker room coordinator is out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: This....

He couldn't pull any good assistant coaches before anybody had seen how bad he was gonna be. What's he gonna do now?

Exactly.  It's just a game of image to see if he can pull enough wins out of his butt next year to legitimize another year of trying.  The only way that the org can likely bring in quality assistants is to get rid of Zac.  Why would Philips or any of these other names thrown around come and have Zac as their boss?  And what are the odds given the staff Zac put together the first time (and a chance to make upgrades/changes this year) that he even knows who/what to look for in assistants?  

But personally, I put the whole article in question, because I have no idea who in the Bengals' FO is talking that they'd know this, since it's always a totally tight-lipped franchise.  Part of me wouldn't be shocked if Zac was canned and part of me wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the whole staff return next year for round 3 of this madness.
Reply/Quote
This is Mike Brown's MO. This is how they fired Sam Wyche . . . "Get rid of Dick LeBeau because the defense is horrible" . . . "But Dick is the same coordinator that got your Father back into the Super Bowl just three years ago" . . . "Fire him or you're gone".

Enter David Shula and David Klingler.

Don't expect Zimmer to even sniff Cincinnati as a DC if he gets let go. Most players and coaches know, you can't go back because it's never the same. If he ever comes back to Cincinnati, it'll be as the HC and even that's a stretch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This needs to happen, but I'm a bit concerned who is going to elect to work under a HC with such a low win percentage who got his prior assistants to face the firing squad.

Yeah that's the issue, even if you want a better supporting staff you're going to have to pay them more to be lame duck or lower your expectations.  

Then you have to ask if keeping Taylor is worth all the trouble. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 09:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This is Mike Brown's MO. This is how they fired Sam Wyche . . . "Get rid of Dick LeBeau because the defense is horrible" . . . "But Dick is the same coordinator that got your Father back into the Super Bowl just three years ago" . . . "Fire him or you're gone".

Enter David Shula and David Klingler.

Don't expect Zimmer to even sniff Cincinnati as a DC if he gets let go. Most players and coaches know, you can't go back because it's never the same. If he ever comes back to Cincinnati, it'll be as the HC and even that's a stretch.

Yep it makes no sense. Fire a few waiters but keep the cook. That'll fix a restaurant serving shitty food.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep it makes no sense. Fire a few waiters but keep the cook. That'll fix a restaurant serving shitty food.

Is it really the Cook's fault, if the owner keeps providing him poor quality food to work with?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really the Cook's fault, if the owner keeps providing him poor quality food to work with?   Ninja

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Touche
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The assistant locker room coordinator is out.

"That's what's up"

[Image: th?id=OIP.q4lnYftZ9xihGyzJsC7kRQAAAA&pid...=315&h=177]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really the Cook's fault, if the owner keeps providing him poor quality food to work with?   Ninja

Before this year I’d mostly agree, but Taylor was given more expensive ingredients than Marvin could ever dream of. A major problem was Zac’s choice of sous-chef, and the guys on his line (literally).

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Before this year I’d mostly agree, but Taylor was given more expensive ingredients than Marvin could ever dream of. A major problem was Zac’s choice of sous-chef, and the guys on his line (literally).

[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-22769-1538762778-5.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Before this year I’d mostly agree, but Taylor was given more expensive ingredients than Marvin could ever dream of. A major problem was Zac’s choice of sous-chef, and the guys on his line (literally).

Hmm, think Surf and Turf.  Sure, they spent on quality beef on defense.  We got a good taste of Alexander and Bell, but only a bite or two from Reader.  Reader's taste was delicious, but we only got to enjoy a bite or two.  As for Waynes, he never even made it to the table.

On offense, OL in particular, it seems more like they bought crawdads and tried to sell them off as lobster tails.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm interested seeing who eventually is brought in to coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: This....

Either we get coordinators who are eagerly waiting for ZT to flop and get fired so they can take his job, which isn't all that conducive to a feel-good and effective locker room OR we get coordinators who are willing to risk getting flushed out with ZT when they fire him and the new HC wants to bring in his own staff.

If we get a similar staff that we have now and ZT flops in 2021 isn't that likely to be the "get rid of 'em all and start over" moment?  The openings on the Good Ship Zac Taylor just seem foreboding. 

(01-01-2021, 12:26 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm interested seeing who eventually is brought in to coach.

I'm not sure if the alternative to this would be to not be interested or to attempt to not see who the new coaches are until the 2021 season starts.
Reply/Quote