Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
Watch Paul Alexander come back.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Watch Paul Alexander come back.

[Image: put-that-evil-on-me.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 12:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, think Surf and Turf.  Sure, they spent on quality beef on defense.  We got a good taste of Alexander and Bell, but only a bite or two from Reader.  Reader's taste was delicious, but we only got to enjoy a bite or two.  As for Waynes, he never even made it to the table.

On offense, OL in particular, it seems more like they bought crawdads and tried to sell them off as lobster tails.   Mellow

Don't insult crawfish like that.  This o-line was that Krab stuff that they sell at Kroger mixed with some mayo and canned cat food.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 12:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, think Surf and Turf.  Sure, they spent on quality beef on defense.  We got a good taste of Alexander and Bell, but only a bite or two from Reader.  Reader's taste was delicious, but we only got to enjoy a bite or two.  As for Waynes, he never even made it to the table.

On offense, OL in particular, it seems more like they bought crawdads and tried to sell them off as lobster tails.   Mellow

How much of that was ZT and Jim Tuner convincing the FO they could make said crawdads taste absolutely delicious? If ownership was willing to spend on other things I’m sure they would have listened if Taylor went to them and said I can’t win with these guys. He thought his buddy Jim could coach them up, and boy did we pay for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 07:00 PM)J24 Wrote: If you're going to make that many major steps then just start all over again. This team needs a new start.

This. Aren't these the guys Taylor wanted anyway?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much of that was ZT and Jim Tuner convincing the FO they could make said crawdads taste absolutely delicious? If ownership was willing to spend on other things I’m sure they would have listened if Taylor went to them and said I can’t win with these guys. He thought his buddy Jim could coach them up, and boy did we pay for it.

Perhaps that is what leads us to this very thread?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am mixed on Lou A. But I will say this, the front office threw a lot of money mostly on defense, and although injuries have occurred, the defense has not looked good in many games the last two years.

I think Golden is gone.

Turner is out is my guess.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Unlike most I like Lou and hope he stays he has done well with what he's had to work with but will be ok with any other assistants fired besides lou and simmons.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: This....

He couldn't pull any good assistant coaches before anybody had seen how bad he was gonna be. What's he gonna do now?

1000% this. It’s pretty obvious to everyone, but this brilliant organization. What coach that has a future is gonna put their trust in what Taylor has done?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much of that was ZT and Jim Tuner convincing the FO they could make said crawdads taste absolutely delicious? If ownership was willing to spend on other things I’m sure they would have listened if Taylor went to them and said I can’t win with these guys. He thought his buddy Jim could coach them up, and boy did we pay for it.

And how much was it the front office telling them to make feast out of crawdads?

Honestly, it's all just speculation as to who advocAted for which player.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 02:08 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am mixed on Lou A.  But I will say this, the front office threw a lot of money mostly on defense, and although injuries have occurred, the defense has not looked good in many games the last two years.  

I think Golden is gone.

Turner is out is my guess.

It's odd to me to see golden in the crosshairs.  I don't care one way or the other, but the linebackers seemed to be better than what we're accustomed to form the last few seasons.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 03:05 AM)Benton Wrote: And how much was it the front office telling them to make feast out of crawdads?

Honestly, it's all just speculation as to who advocAted for which player.

Just saying, the FO opened up their wallets like we’ve never seen before. Yes, part of it is on Tobin as director of player personnel, but we’ve heard time and again that coaches here are asked to do more than most other teams. So I think it’s safe to say Taylor and his staff played a large role putting together the roster. If the team was willing to spend huge money on a NT, why wouldn’t they spend on the other line if that’s what Zac was asking for? I just don’t buy it. I think Taylor and and Turner (and their egos) thought they could win with these guys.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 03:13 AM)samhain Wrote: It's odd to me to see golden in the crosshairs.  I don't care one way or the other, but the linebackers seemed to be better than what we're accustomed to form the last few seasons.  

He’ll probably be the fall guy since he was supposedly calling the plays on 3rd down most of the season. Which still seems weird to me that a DC would delegate that.

Reply/Quote
I hated Lou for the past 2 seasons but the 2nd half of this season he's done good. Maybe he's finally getting the hang of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 03:39 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I hated Lou for the past 2 seasons but the 2nd half of this season he's done good. Maybe he's finally getting the hang of it.

As long as he doesn't start playing soft as son as they get leads (like in Indy), I think I can stomach him being back.  I hate that *****-ass run and hide defense, and he showed a willingness to employ way too early at times.  It costs teams games in the end just like it did that day.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 03:43 AM)samhain Wrote: As long as he doesn't start playing soft as son as they get leads (like in Indy), I think I can stomach him being back.  I hate that *****-ass run and hide defense, and he showed a willingness to employ way too early at times.  It costs teams games in the end just like it did that day.

Some of them are running together, but I feel like the defense blowing late leads cost us at least a couple other wins, too. Philly. The 2nd Cleveland game maybe.

Reply/Quote
I think since that article with the issues of Lou and lack of communication. The defence has stepped up. I wonder whether they actually sat down and had a big boy chat. Lou acknowledged his shortcomings and they all worked on it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 09:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But personally, I put the whole article in question, because I have no idea who in the Bengals' FO is talking that they'd know this, since it's always a totally tight-lipped franchise.  Part of me wouldn't be shocked if Zac was canned and part of me wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the whole staff return next year for round 3 of this madness.

What struck me on 2nd reading of the article was her use of the term “league sources”. Why in the world would anyone in the league have insight in what the Bengals Front Office plans to do with their coaching staff. There are at most 6 people involved in those discussions, Mike Brown, Katie and Troy, Paul Brown, Duke, and Zac. None of those people would leak

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The defense has performed better the second half of the season compared to the last 1.5 years, but still aren’t a great unit. We had to score 37 to beat the Texans. The shutout half against the Steelers was fun but we still allowed them back in it while giving up 17 in a half. We also gave up 30 to the Cowboys. Better than the last 1.5 years? I think so. Good enough to say we probably won’t find better so we should see how this plays out? I really hope not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really the Cook's fault, if the owner keeps providing him poor quality food to work with?   Ninja

Outdated, MB is opening the pocket book for once, maybe he realized he can’t take it with him
Reply/Quote