Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game.......
(11-07-2021, 08:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The tunnel vision is going to become a problem. 

13 Targets - 6 catches

8 Targets - 6 catches

2 targets - 1 catch.

That is not acceptable.

Is it a fair question to ask if drafting Chase could potentially damage Burrow’s long term progression and development?
Reply/Quote
Also, nothing you do on a first drive loses you a game. This game was lost because of turnovers and a deflated D.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Team tackling has been a concern for seems like a decade with this team, and it still is an issue. So with new players coming in and new coaches where is the break down and why is it the team still can't tackle?

Ever decreasing practices and decreasing practices where they tackle. Combine that with defenders seemingly have all of the helmet-to-helmet avoidance onus on them which ends up adding an extra layer of thought between reaction and action. (Plus Lou sucks.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Is it a fair question to ask if drafting Chase could potentially damage Burrow’s long term progression and development?

In general.. probably yes.

On here? Absolutely not.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ever decreasing practices and decreasing practices where they tackle. Combine that with defenders seemingly have all of the helmet-to-helmet avoidance onus on them which ends up adding an extra layer of thought between reaction and action. (Plus Lou sucks.)

Fair observations, and I don't disagree at all.

But the next question becomes how do you fix it, since it is more than just Lou sucks, the team couldn't tackle under the last few coordinators back to Zimmer. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: In general.. probably yes.

On here? Absolutely not.

He’s barely making reads anymore. Just eyeing down his boyfriend Jamarr.

That doesn’t bode well for the future
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ever decreasing practices and decreasing practices where they tackle. Combine that with defenders seemingly have all of the helmet-to-helmet avoidance onus on them which ends up adding an extra layer of thought between reaction and action. (Plus Lou sucks.)

But then all teams would be unable to tackle and this issue seems unique to the Bengals and actually predates Lou - the last D we had that actually tackled was Zimmer's. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Is it a fair question to ask if drafting Chase could potentially damage Burrow’s long term progression and development?

Fair.., At this point it's a legitimate question... He's definitely hitting the slump... I think the bad Oline has got to him at this point to be fair too... 
Reply/Quote
Zac should not have called for that INT on our goal line
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s barely making reads anymore. Just eyeing down his boyfriend Jamarr.

yes, its startimg to remind me of when Andy would just chuck it to a covered AJ, and pray AJ would come down with it 
Burrow looks like shit right now honestly....until furter notice....He is Bakers *****.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s barely making reads anymore. Just eyeing down his boyfriend Jamarr.

that was more obvious if you were at the game than watching on TV.. you get a better perspective at the game, i was like throw underneath the coverage and we were throwing long into double coverage
Reply/Quote
He does hold onto the ball for too long but, as a former youth QB, I've never liked the routes that Cincinnati makes their receivers run. It was one of my biggest pushes against drafting Chase. He's a great athlete that's going to be forced to play in a system that doesn't have a lot of great routes or easy plays.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fair observations, and I don't disagree at all.

But the next question becomes how do you fix it, since it is more than just Lou sucks, the team couldn't tackle under the last few coordinators back to Zimmer. 

Just hire Zimmer when he gets fired from Minnesota for hitching his cart to a $33m/yr horse named Kirk Cousins and have him bring Anthony Barr with him. Then throw whatever money you need at Alexander Johnson and go back to having a 3 LB defense when you combine those two with Logan Wilson. Then let him be a hardass during the times you're actually allowed to practice contact to get the absolute most out of it.

I do think that having a defensive scheme or whatever that leads to your safeties being 2 of your 3 leading tacklers is not good. In both 2020 AND 2019 the safeties were the leading 2 tacklers for the defense. So if you look at the top 2 tacklers for the last 3 years, out of a possible 6 players, 5 of them have been safeties. If you look at Zimmer's defenses with the Bengals, in the 6 years (so a possible 12 players) only 1 was a safety. 

Both safeties were the top tacklers in 2018, too. I just don't think it's a healthy sign of a defense if it keeps happening because what the hell are your LBs doing then? Troy Polamalu was a top-2 tackler on his team 1 time in 12 years, Ed Reed 0 times in 13 years. Jessie Bates 3 times in 4 years (with this year still in play, he's 3rd).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:57 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah Burrow forced that one.. also the defense played terrible again, they’ve given up after the ravens, nobody wants to tackle they all look soft.

^^^

All on the QB
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s barely making reads anymore. Just eyeing down his boyfriend Jamarr.

You scream about the OL in every single post and then you wonder why Joe keeps going right to his first read…

Does he have time to go through his progressions or doesn’t he?

Reply/Quote
All the play calls down there I didn't like, but the pass was worse. Just because you were given crap, doesn't mean you have to make a sandwich out of it. Far outside and you're kicking a FG.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It's not the Oline, they're doing fine; it's the QB.

We do need to do all we can to develop Joe and we're just not doing it.

We need to do the following:

Bring in a veteran QB with starting experience as back up

Bring Jordan Palmer onto the staff

Get rid of Callahan and bring in a real OC who has experience working with QBs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not the Oline, they're doing fine; it's the QB.

We do need to do all we can to develop Joe and we're just not doing it.

We need to do the following:

Bring in a veteran QB with starting experience as back up

Bring Jordan Palmer onto the staff

Get rid of Callahan and bring in a real OC who has experience working with QBs

Jordan Palmer has a great gig doing his private thing. I highly doubt he’d give that up for the grueling life that is NFL coaching. This is like when people suggest we should just get Willie to coach the OL. Take less money and have to travel all over the country and work insane hours? Sign me up! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:17 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Against a pedestrian corner he probably gets away with it, but not against Denzel Ward.

That’s the truth. Let’s be honest, Denzel Ward had that ball from the moment it left Joe Burrow’s hand. I saw him break to the inside while the pass was in the air.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You scream about the OL in every single post and then you wonder why Joe keeps going right to his first read…

Does he have time to go through his progressions or doesn’t he?

You do know last year he had a worse o-line when he only threw 5 interceptions in 11 games

Now it’s 11 interceptions in 9 games. With an improved o-line (barely)
Reply/Quote